Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Update About The Offline Situation

Hello,

it appears that we have been the subject of some sort of DOS attack. This caused issues for the hosting companys other customers, so they had to unplug us.

We are back now on a throttled line. Hopefully this means that we should not affect the other customers. We will take other measures as well. Those should take up to an hour at best, then we should be able to bring the game back up. I'll make another post when that happens.

• Like 19

Thanks for the update, I know you have been working hard to address the problem.

• Like 1

Thank you for all your hard work- and for keeping us all up-to-date.

• Like 1

Thank you, Rolf.

it appears that we have been the subject of some sort of DOS attack.

I suspected something like that :(

• Like 1

It felt more like some kind of hacker attack than electric issue.

They usually poke connections, but electric issues just crash it directly.

Edited by silakka

Thanks for the updates!

This is now two days / nights in a row that we have had sustained down time. Thursday night to Early Friday morning we lost 5-7 hours (on Release at least).....now Friday Night - Early Sat we are looking to lose the same if not more. Right now that is 10-15 hours of down time so far this week and we are not even back up yet. This does not include any of the DC issues and lag issues rest of the day.

I understand things happen and that they are working on it and that's great. I appreciate the updates and such, they are doing decent on that front as well. The issue that I have that others have mentioned as well is if the servers are still running while we are not able to access them.

We have paid monthly for this time to play, which we cannot. The majority of us have deeds that are still ticking away from our funds, thus draining our silvers from our deeds while we cannot access the game. Some of us several deeds... So we are losing silvers / cash on both those fronts. I do not think that a "gift" of sleep bonus is enough at this time. What is enough I do not know, I would leave that up to those that are in charge, but I do hope that they take into consideration the amount of time that the servers have been down and the amount of silver that some of us are losing because of it.

Again I know it takes time, I do not expect answers from anyone about this issue, just something that I hope they consider when deciding if there is anything that they do for the community for the down time if they feel it necessary.

Keep up the good work and please keep us posted!

• Like 5

he's hiding the truth folks! he secretly created a race of super hamsters to run the server,and they tried to take over. was a bloody battle. unlike rabbits theyre immune to holy hand grenades..................

• Like 6

Good to know servers will be back ... sometime.

What about the compensations for our lost time and money?

I do not need sleep bonus, because I have already stacked it for this weekend.

I do not need sleeping powders, since nobody will buy them, due to a real inflation of sleeping bonus compensations, and it won't be of any help in recovering the money I've already lost in the past days.

... unless you are considering raising the stacked sleeping bonus to 10 hours, for those who didn't expect all these crashes, lag spikes and continuous disconnections in the past 4 days.

I understand there are issues you cannot control, but I don't want to pay for poor services, considering this game has a monthly fee way higher than other, larger, MMORPGs around.

Looking forward to an update regarding this ^

• Like 1

ye it is illegal ddos anything in finland so i believe same goes for sweden too we mostly take out laws from there, hope that one sorted out and whoever is mad to a game gets arrested :)

• Like 1

It's happened before.  There's a list of haters that want to see the game burn.  I question the whole thing though.  Hard to imagine that the servers are so insecure and unprotected.  Very disappointing.

• Like 1

yeah my upkeep from my deed last night if i have a big DC  go from 245 days to 25 days.

Hope Gm can repair this...

and i cant login dont see the server go up on a smaller server...

which will put it coming back up as i leave for work.........thanks

Thanks for being in touch, this is bigger picture stuff, keep her afloat ;)
A thank you from all

Still can't login ... Hope you can trace whoever is doing this. 

Once I'm out of Jenn Kellon lands, I'm coming to your deed. We'll have a fist fight to the death to teach you a lesson.

I''m coming to cheer!