Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Game Hickup

In all the years I have been playing Wurm I must admit that I have always been surprised at the actual uptime that Wurm has enjoyed.  Sure there have been occasional hiccups, but the uptime for Wurm has always been great.

No matter where Wurm gets its connection from some event like this will happen eventually, just as it has to countless others.  It is one of those issues that I wish was a problem with Wurm, because then I could tell you that Rolf and the Dev team are working on it and give you a rough estimate of when things will improve.

Unfortunately, since this is apparently an actual internet problem we all suffer it.  At the moment I can only hope that whatever trunk or hub is having these major problems gets their hardware sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Like 8

I need wurm back ;~;
i got clay to dig and stone to cut, cant get that done while wurm is derpin

Yeah that's pointless lol. Also I'm not a "kind" of person. I state it how I see it nothing more nothing less. I know what a design team goes through as I deal with it myself. I know how it is when the provider has issues and screws up the game and have to force the devs to deal with the raging players. Point was, don't flame it give em time. Just hopefully they'll have it fixed long before next week as he stated....that's far too long for any team.

I'm more concerned with a "band aid" approach as usual. Like , hey let's patch it up and maybe it will run for a couple hours. 

I always looked forward to playing wurm after a horrible work day to ease stress. Umm, it is not doing that for me here lately at all though. Very annoying 

I've prem time till april on two chars, I've lost hours tonight, I want my paid time back...its not the first time, its getting old. If my time isn't reimbursed I will not be adding more in april

In all the years I have been playing Wurm I must admit that I have always been surprised at the actual uptime that Wurm has enjoyed.  Sure there have been occasional hiccups, but the uptime for Wurm has always been great.

No matter where Wurm gets its connection from some event like this will happen eventually, just as it has to countless others.  It is one of those issues that I wish was a problem with Wurm, because then I could tell you that Rolf and the Dev team are working on it and give you a rough estimate of when things will improve.

Unfortunately, since this is apparently an actual internet problem we all suffer it.  At the moment I can only hope that whatever trunk or hub is having these major problems gets their hardware sorted out sooner rather than later.

Thanks for confirming the issue is actually un-Wurm related. It really does suck though because if it was Wurm related it woulda likely been fixed by now =(

I'm more concerned with a "band aid" approach as usual. Like , hey let's patch it up and maybe it will run for a couple hours. 

I always looked forward to playing wurm after a horrible work day to ease stress. Umm, it is not doing that for me here lately at all though. Very annoying 

I can tell, musta been hellacious day at work. I'm a good person in reality, just a bit stressed because my own internet has been constantly disconnecting for the past week and the 3 hour timeframe it's actually running smooth is when Wurm's provider does it T.T

I hope it's not a bandaid approach as anything done that way will never last and it will always have horrible results for everyone. But I'm pretty sure there's not much they can do about it since it's their provider's problem and not an error on Wurm's server's end

I've prem time till april on two chars, I've lost hours tonight, I want my paid time back...its not the first time, its getting old. If my time isn't reimbursed I will not be adding more in april

I'm sure they'll probably be some kinda "more serious" reimbursement once this is resolved. At least I sure hope so because I'm losing time on 4 toons that I just re-subbed =/

many of us spend  here. i dont want sleep bonus or excuses. i want service just like i get from any other service i buy. if my cell phone service blows chunks i call and gripe and it gets fixed. if ur product isnt ready for market dont sell it.

any update on if the servers are back or when they will be back on i got ###### i was doing.....and ic ant sleep this is my game time...

Been going through Wurm withdrawals the past two weeks anyways...

*twitches*

• Like 1

many of us spend  here. i dont want sleep bonus or excuses. i want service just like i get from any other service i buy. if my cell phone service blows chunks i call and gripe and it gets fixed. if ur product isnt ready for market dont sell it.

The problem isn't with Wurm it's with their provider so there's nothing they can do but "gripe" as you yourself said if your phone goes out like that. Same thing applies here, it's not on their end.

Maybe we all need to get together and camp out at the ISP's place until they get the connection back up. Go and have a loud party there.. lol

any update on if the servers are back or when they will be back on i got ###### i was doing.....and ic ant sleep this is my game time...

Hasn't been any word since they stated it wasn't a Wurm issue, and that it was on their Provider's end.

Thing is, Wurm is not the thing having the issue atm

Its the server providers for wurm, totally not related in wurm stability at all, if it were say a serious bug in the game that did not allow us to play then yes your statement would make sense but as of right now, the problem has nothing to do with wurms code

Maybe we all need to get together and camp out at the ISP's place until they get the connection back up. Go and have a loud party there.. lol

LMAO sing Kumbaya? or however it's spelled. I'm sure that'll scare em into submission eh xD

Thing is, Wurm is not the thing having the issue atm

Its the server providers for wurm, totally not related in wurm stability at all, if it were say a serious bug in the game that did not allow us to play then yes your statement would make sense but as of right now, the problem has nothing to do with wurms code

Yeah their product is plenty stable, just the provider hasn't been lately due to some bug. The game itself is smooth and fine with maybe a few graphical bugs here and there at times but most time while it's up it's perfectly fine.

oh wow o.o wth is that about haha

Edit: That was to some wierd ///ntttntt thing I saw when I posted that reply xD

Edited by Ryamu

I am aware of the issue being out on the teams control, but I just hope the compensation will be fitting. To be down right honest Sleep Bonus increase just isn't cutting it. My reason for saying that is- It's getting horribly old and repetitive. As a respect and appreciation shown to the players a premium time reimbursement is needed, seriously. I've seen many games give out membership and premium time reimbursements because of such things.

Tibia was DDOS attacked over 3 times. Not their fault, if anything the its players fault (To some extent), they gave increased skill/EXP rates to all players, and premium time back to those with premium. It's how players know they are welcomed, appreciated and it boosts the understanding that the players are needed, without us paying there wouldn't be any server issues- because there wouldn't be any game supported. Lets not forget that.

My premium was paid through Money. I was given it, I feel because of the, already 1 week old disconnects, I've lost many chances to do things. spent 3 days stranded at Muspellsheimr because I had a Knarr and a horse to take home, leading a horse on an unmoared knarr and running aground having to push it- NOT FUN. So i remained there and waited it out.

Now i have to go back this weekend, frankly, I'm not looking forward to it at this rate. I'd definitely want my week back worth of premium time for sure. It's only fair, is it not?

And just to get this out there, we had to remove meditation answers and thoughts from the wiki- because it took away from the game, we had to adjust skills and other things- because it was too easy(like enlightments). So why is it every issue involves making a current one rather useless? Sleep bonus compensations take away from earning them by using BEDS. we have them for a reason, let's start having a reason to use them.

anyway thats my 20c on the compensation matter. Good luck with the issue, hopefully a miracle happens and the service provider blows up and provides wurm with the entire full service 

Edited by Meyfei

the problem of any code in wurm is not the issue Wyld, u are right. the problem may be in the choices of isp's. its biz choice. where will u spend ur cash? if ur operating a biz dependent on another biz what do you do? this is a 24 hour operation with peeps spending hard earned cash. if u want to stay in biz u have to please the people who write ur check.

the problem of any code in wurm is not the issue Wyld, u are right. the problem may be in the choices of isp's. its biz choice. where will u spend ur cash? if ur operating a biz dependent on another biz what do you do? this is a 24 hour operation with peeps spending hard earned cash. if u want to stay in biz u have to please the people who write ur check.

This is interesting. Perhaps Wurm has reached a point that these lower tier ISP's can't handle the load or give it the proper attention it needs in times of an outage like now. Groundchuck brings up a very important perspective here. I'm not real sure of what it would sound like if rolf cursed in his language but that ISP should sure hear it. 

Time for a more reliable 24/7 always there provider so if the issue like this happened there then at least someone would be around to fix it lol Starting to sound like a "Mediacom" provider >.> many disconnects and spiking signals for rather generic service.

This is interesting. Perhaps Wurm has reached a point that these lower tier ISP's can't handle the load or give it the proper attention it needs in times of an outage like now. Groundchuck brings up a very important perspective here. I'm not real sure of what it would sound like if rolf cursed in his language but that ISP should sure hear it. 

Definitely. Not too many big providers nowadays though sadly so issues like this tend to happen from time to time....

Wtf, why was my post removed?

If you made an entire new post, it was removed due to many of the same topics being created, ofc all centering around the mass server downtime, so instead of letting the forums get clustered with post all about the same topic, the GM's lock and link this post in that one to prevent them from becoming a nusiance to people who would still regularly use the forums

Its like a clean up really