Sign in to follow this  
Holar

New Maps For The Epic Clusters.. Yes Or No?

96 members have voted

1. 1. New epic maps

• Yes
    • No (explain why)

So in the past month I've been looking at the map for Elevation of possible areas for building a deed. I've come to the realization that it's nearly impossible to plant a deed somewhere without it being in battle camp zones or old settlements, not to mention all of the holes and scars from random scenarios.

I'm not the only person who agrees on making another Elevation server map much bigger, with hell horses and boats its much easier to get around so having bigger maps isn't much of a problem. The original plan for Epic was for small maps to increase pvp, well it's honestly made it stale because at this point nearly all the deed are 4-5 minutes away from each other.

I say yes to creating a bigger map because it would draw many new players and possibly bring back a few more of the older players and this would increase pvp overall.

(this is just for a map reset NOT a skill reset)

Edited by Holar
  • Like 5

I have to agree - the land is really scarred and fill of holes from new and old mines / minehops and caves at the moment and as you said too close to everyone else.

I would love a bigger map to play on :)

reset epic all together to actually refresh pvp and have atleast more deathtabs per day than independence

• Like 2

I do agree that the current Elevation map is just too small for three kingdoms. And taking PMK's into consideration it's almost impossible to find a place where to drop your deed or to plan a place for a new kingdom. Also taking the terraforming events into consideration as well as the ever growing number of player sculpted land of abandoned deeds, there soon will be no land left to actually build a safe place.

Seeing a new map would also be interesting, new exploring possibilities, war zones and so on.

Edited by Edvinas

last time I was in epic I saw free space everywhere.

You just need 100k of dirt and imagination.

• Like 1

Yes, 

but no because I just sold my account >.<

voted yes though

If its a bigger map i want faster boats, nuff said. 1 person can travel 40kmh on horse back, but a knarrfull can only go up to like 20kmh some of the time like wtf???

• Like 2

Do it, and fix the scenarios so the new servers don't get messed up.

Bigger map means it would have to be atleast as big as Chaos or else it'd have odd dimensions. I prefer the current size much more. Chaos size is just waaaaay too large for the Epic community.

I'd prefer a map reset and keeping the size, though I'd still prefer a map reset and get a larger map over keeping what we have

Bigger map means it would have to be atleast as big as Chaos or else it'd have odd dimensions. I prefer the current size much more. Chaos size is just waaaaay too large for the Epic community.

I'd prefer a map reset and keeping the size, though I'd still prefer a map reset and get a larger map over keeping what we have

Do you realize that Epic has more active population just on elevation then Wild did in its hay day?  And there weren't horses lol..

• Like 1

Really informative, I love your explanation as to why.

On a sidenote, +1.

Map is old, and scared. Most of the large mountains are swiss cheese and makes it damn near impossible to make a mine system threw them.

Plus HOTA area being 400x400 as well as the battle camps, WhiteLight/BlackLight makes making deeds a difficult task. I would recommend making the map 4096x4096, instead of the current 2048x2048.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 4

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by SmeJack, November 9, 2013 - double
Hidden by SmeJack, November 9, 2013 - double

Double post oops

Edited by ausimus

With the scenario terraforming events we have now, this has to happen eventually... Maybe if this gets reset, the terraforming events could be fixed so they don't scar the islands permanently again.

Chaos sized maps might make traveling to PvP events a bit of a challenge, but it would leave a lot of room for PMKs to form. Not sure of what to think about that.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I'm always in favor of resets. But I don't want a chaos size map, travelling for hours to do anything and having to build "war deeds" closer to the enemy are stupid.

Bigger map is really needed, with the speed that horses go, but yeah, faster boats would be needed too.

As it is now, you can ride all the way across elevation in 10 minutes easily, which is detrimental to pvp due to how easy it is for people to backdoor.

I'm always in favor of resets. But I don't want a chaos size map, travelling for hours to do anything and having to build "war deeds" closer to the enemy are stupid.

And rolling up on bison carts and getting rolled is better?

I would rather build a war deed then ride a bunch of bison to a deed just to sit in a mine door.

+100 to adding new land to epic it really needs it there is no where to explore the world is too cramped!!!

-100 to reseting epic, absolutely not....

Reset the whole shebang. New map, no dump. Bigger map with more water. Reset everyone back to know nothing noobs and buff uniques. Planned resets every 18 months. Gets rid of super accounts and might actually make people specialize in certain crafts and work together within the kingdom to support each other instead of having the "one person is a village unto themselves" mentality.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that a whole Elevation map reset would upset a lot of people including myself due to loss traders and current deeds. And a whole epic reset including characters is just absurd. However adding a new map to travel to by a portal or by sea sounds much better as it wouldn't affect those who do not wish any changes as well as please the explorers and PVP'ers.

I cant understand how anyone thinks there is no room on a near empty map. Nor can I understand how it will improve pvp, perhaps a slaughter fest until people have new walls to sit behind and we will be right back to how things are now.

• Like 1

Really informative, I love your explanation as to why.

If you really cared you could look at the previous 500 threads on map resets.

• Like 1