Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 45

I do have a silly question about bridges.  Do the bridges need to be high enough for a boat to pass under it??  Or will it just breeze through??

when are you guys gonna add more basic animal spawn rates.. like chickens, dogs, pheasants. never see those hardly. see plenty of spiders though.......

You have really outdone yourselves this time! Great work, I never anticipated this :) 

Dragging between containers seems like a perfect implementaton. Crafting interface, hard to tell exactly from the pictures but it looks nice.  Bridges, wow.. 

I know this isn't exactly the forum section to suggest this but I'd like to pose an idea for sloping bridges.

As I see it for sloping it should follow the skill "masonry or carp  depending on type divided by 3 or 3.5 " if you want 20 slope you'll need 60 or 70 skill, leaving 28 or 33 as max slope on a bridge. This would help prevent major issues of people just easily bridging up to a dirt wall in a short span from the ground, and prevents insane looking bridges. Honestly the 3.5 seems the better option as the skill divider. For ways to adjust slope, have an item usable like concrete that can only be used on an unfinished end, that is also removable, only before the next segment is built.

Like I said this isn't exactly the suggestions section but hopefully the right people will see it. Heh I wish I could pull up my Really old posts, from what it looks like the basics of bridge building will be very similar to how i suggested it 4+ years ago.

I know this isn't exactly the forum section to suggest this but I'd like to pose an idea for sloping bridges.

As I see it for sloping it should follow the skill "masonry or carp  depending on type divided by 3 or 3.5 " if you want 20 slope you'll need 60 or 70 skill, leaving 28 or 33 as max slope on a bridge. This would help prevent major issues of people just easily bridging up to a dirt wall in a short span from the ground, and prevents insane looking bridges. Honestly the 3.5 seems the better option as the skill divider. For ways to adjust slope, have an item usable like concrete that can only be used on an unfinished end, that is also removable, only before the next segment is built.

Like I said this isn't exactly the suggestions section but hopefully the right people will see it. Heh I wish I could pull up my Really old posts, from what it looks like the basics of bridge building will be very similar to how i suggested it 4+ years ago.

Can we get a skill into the game before we start skill capping people out of some of the features of them?

What the hells that strange wooden structure spanning that-

MOTHER OF GOD

Edited by ZarmaZarma
  • Like 1

These are going to be some amazing updates never again going back to the wiki every time to see what I need. And now I can have some nice bear skin rugs.

Very awesome to see that bridges are coming along. All in all, week 45's report has me excited... except for one thing:

There's mention of a "graphical engine update", and that scares me. With the "update" of 1.1, GLSL shaders had to be turned off in order for me to see more than half of the animated items that are in game. Since turning GLSL shaders off, water in game has looked horrible, and any rare object does not have its glow, nor do I get a visual drumroll.

Nothing has been done to correct that problem for half of the playerbase since 1.1. I'm wondering/worried if I am going to have to turn off yet another setting to play the game properly when this update comes, further degrading my visual experience in game.  :wacko:

• Like 3

Can we get a skill into the game before we start skill capping people out of some of the features of them?

As is there is only Flat bridges in development. I was attempting to give ideas for possible ways to have bridges that change height without being too outrageous.  Some supporting quotes as to why I posted it here and reference to being flat only

Does that mean all bridges have to be 100% flat? no uphill/downhill or arched bridges?

Currently, but looking at other options as well

OMG I must of died and went to wurm heaven, bridges are finally being actually engineered.  Time to start the moat around my deed and prepare for this epic addition.

Very awesome to see that bridges are coming along. All in all, week 45's report has me excited... except for one thing:

There's mention of a "graphical engine update", and that scares me. With the "update" of 1.1, GLSL shaders had to be turned off in order for me to see more than half of the animated items that are in game. Since turning GLSL shaders off, water in game has looked horrible, and any rare object does not have its glow, nor do I get a visual drumroll.

Nothing has been done to correct that problem for half of the playerbase since 1.1. I'm wondering/worried if I am going to have to turn off yet another setting to play the game properly when this update comes, further degrading my visual experience in game.  :wacko:

Hmm. Good point.  I forgot about that in my excitement about the bridges. lol.  I had to turn off my glsl too and I have the same thing; no rares glow, no visual drumroll, ugly water, etc.  It's better than the shiney plastic horses though. :)   Maybe this will fix it?

Hmm. Good point.  I forgot about that in my excitement about the bridges. lol.  I had to turn off my glsl too and I have the same thing; no rares glow, no visual drumroll, ugly water, etc.  It's better than the shiney plastic horses though. :)   Maybe this will fix it?

I didn't have shiny, plastic horses.... I had invisible horses that I could highlight. Along with invisible doors, gates, templars and guards, etc.  :P 

I would hope that this update-to-come will fix my GLSL shader issues, but how does that old saying go again? "Hope for the best but expect the worst."  ;)

Like the sound of it all...especially the crafting multiple items...might make me play now and then again :D

Bridges! Woot! Great work, as always. Looking forward to all the new stuff.

Now we just need a portal PvE server that has a map reset every year that we can go to for adventure, hunting, exploring and even live there if we choose but you deed there knowing that at the end of the year or at some event the server gets reset and you need to disband your deed for the map reset.

Edited by Kegan

"Drag and Drop functionality is being updated.

You will soon be able to move stacks of items straight from piles to target containers.

For example a pile of logs onto a cart, without having to move them to inventory first.

Amount moved per action is in relation to how much you are already carrying vs maximum carrying capacity."

THANKYOU SO FREAKING MUCH! been waiting for this for ever, yay!

Few questions on the crafting interface...

1) Will it work with floor based crafting items such as large anvils and looms?

2) I see the little bit where it says 1/10 which i'm guessing is where we decide how many of an item we wish to create? And if so will this be limited to 3/4/5 depending on mind logic, or can we enter say 650 planks and click the button to que up 3/4/5 actions, then when they're complete click the button again and repeat until all 650 planks are counted down?

1. Yes we have had to add some specialized code for it, but it will work with them.

2. Yes it's based on your action the 1/10 part is based on your action limit, you can set it to queue up your maximum at each click on the create/continue button. And you can drag in stacks of items in the boxes to use while crafting so it's really nice when creating things in batches.

If I only need to create one item the old way of doing things can still be faster, I might still go with the creation window for when doing blacksmithing I never seem to be able to find what I'm looking for in the list.