Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 45

LSSN_W45_2.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

This week there are some really cool things I have the pleasure of revealing to you all, so I am super excited to Share some News!

We also have a major Poll at the end of the post this week where you can take part in making a major decision for the game. It will be time limited, so make sure to tell your friends not to miss it.

There is no need for any further ado, so let us go right into this!

Bridges!

Bridge_SneakPeak.jpg

One of the most requested and anticipated features in Wurm is being worked on and tested.

And as I have been holding back on this one for a while, it has come quite far from a technical perspective already.

It is being tested with placeholder graphics only at the moment, but our creative art director Saroman is working on getting it looking really good.

You can thank Tich for the coding and time going into this and the progression so far is nothing short of impressive.

As this is only a sneaky reveal you can expect updates on the bridges functionality, look and variations as we progress!

Crafting Interface

We are finally at the stage where we can show you the Work in Progress of the Crafting Window.

I will thereby let it speak for itself, so enjoy!

Crafting_window_v1.png

The Crafting Interface will be hierarchically, alphabetically structured by release.

Recipe_window_v1.jpg

Further, the old way of crafting will still be available just as it is.

Drag and Drop functionality is being updated.

You will soon be able to move stacks of items straight from piles to target containers.

For example a pile of logs onto a cart, without having to move them to inventory first.

Amount moved per action is in relation to how much you are already carrying vs maximum carrying capacity.

There is also a big Graphical Engine Update coming soon, which will be the trigger for a major server update.

This will make allot of the other updates available along with it, as they are dependent on new functionality and an updated server version.

To keep it short, the engine is going to be able to handle a whole new level of lighting, both direct (casts shadows, directional) and ambient(general, non directional).

To be precise it is now set to handle 6 light sources affecting the environment and objects at the same time.

But like in nature, light affects how we perceive many things, so for example fog, shadows and water with reflections will also be updated.

Art

Adding Rugs. Just click the image for a larger version.

Bear.jpg MountainLion.jpg BlackWolf.jpg

You can read more and discuss in THIS THREAD

Also being updated is the Raft and Unfinished Raft models.

Poll!

Is it time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

This will be time limited so tell your friends to get involved.

Click this text to go to the thread. Vote and Voice your Opinion now!

With these major updates in mind, you are hopefully still looking forward to

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 55

!!!!!! BRIDGES !!!!!!

Crafting interface looks great.. Can't wait... is it ready yet, now? now? oooh what about now??

• Like 1

looking good, pls just make the option available to also select the old school craftin stylem just like the paperdoll. ^^

• Like 1

could almost call this 1.2 update, because it's quite a big change.

• Like 1

Once again, I hope this new crafting interface isn't forced upon us, atleast give us the option not to use it

• Like 1

crafting interface...1)Where is the section where we can type in our desired item? 2) Please alphabetize the craftable list of items. You guys are making huge leaps forward with this. Don't take steps back to the dark ages where we mistakenly thought randomizing order actually stopped bots.

• Like 1

On bridges - will we be able to connect building to building?, building to landform? or will it be limited to landform to landform?

Edit - will the new Graphical engine Update have any effect on the current state of the shaders? IE will I be able to turn my GLSL on ?

Edited by sunsvortex

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMG

• Like 10

*Smacks head on wall*

Solid gold right here! :/

+1 to amazing efforts on the dev team's part.

Me gusta, yet again something I would love to have NOW.

On bridges - will we be able to connect building to building?, building to landform? or will it be limited to landform to landform?

Hope so, so long as the bridge ends are level.

• Like 6

Does that mean all bridges have to be 100% flat? no uphill/downhill or arched bridges?

looking good, pls just make the option available to also select the old school craftin stylem just like the paperdoll. ^^

You have the choice of either opening the crafting window and take it from there or use the old system, so no need for options in settings.

• Like 9

Nice to hear about the bridges.  A very good long term project but please don't roll it out before it is completely finished, or rush it out to meet a deadline.  When it's ready, it's ready.

Would also be nice to hear about the added things that aren't finished or things that have been 'almost done' for years - lawns, sheep, castle walls/gates/parts, braziers, sorcery on freedom, new ship models, stairs, capes, pauldrons, new tree textures, etc, etc.

"You will no longer be able to continue on items inside carts after May 2012"  

=D 

Edited by leaf
  • Like 1

One more follow up..will the bridge have a writ or will it be more like a hiway?

Edited by sunsvortex

will we have sloped bridges? or they just go flat straight?

The drag drop functionality is awesome addition! Crafting stuffs, looks juicy.. can I haz that bookmark feature? ;) 

Would love to test these on test server before it live.. sounds like fun :D .

Thanks Wurm staffs, ya guys have worked hard!

Beautiful stuff so far - I'm almost ashamed to say I squealed with delight at the bridges reveal. Brilliant surprise!

• Like 1

Does that mean all bridges have to be 100% flat? no uphill/downhill or arched bridges?

Currently, but looking at other options as well

crafting interface...1)Where is the section where we can type in our desired item? 2) Please alphabetize the craftable list of items. You guys are making huge leaps forward with this. Don't take steps back to the dark ages where we mistakenly thought randomizing order actually stopped bots.

I have added all of it to the post, enjoy!

Ill reserve judgement on bridges, but the rest looks pretty damn sweet, looking forward to it :D

Very nice work devs.. Great work. Looking forward to these changes and additions.

I'm wondering if this engine change has anything to do with future twitch combat? ??