Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

Quoting ROLF

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

The new servers will be joined with the existing freedom cluster when it's time, which I don't see happening in many months. Someone asked if it could take 2 years, and yes there is no set time limit, but I have a hunch that it's going to happen before that.

If people on those servers strongly oppose to joining until then and there are no other strong reasons to keep the cluster together that's how long it may take. I think many of you can make advanced estimates out of this information and since I don't have any more at the moment that's what we have to live with. If you absolutely _have_ to know because you can't plan otherwise.. I suggest you.. reconsider  :)

We may add some checkbox that players on those servers can click which shows if they're opposed or pro joining. This will give a good indicator. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/73972-a-comment-on-joining-the-pristinerelease-servers-with-the-other-servers/

What happened to PRISTINE/RELEASE ONLY VOTE!

Thank you for digging it up. :)

I'm hardly making any money at the moment...but this connecting of servers will give the newest players not even a remote chance to compete with the older ones...not much fun in a sandbox game that relies heavily on trading and skills. 

And It's also about hunting grounds being deeded or hunted to extinction by those who do not care about the new servers as they have their own server to go back to, this was already the case with pristine using release as their personal hunting grounds (where did the dragons go?). It's only going to get worse.

Newer players on the old cluster have access to cheaper and better skiller tools to grind their skills faster than if they are on the new cluster. Also the effort grinding a skill past 90 (or even 80 in some cases) is rarely worth it in my opinion. I have over 90 woodcuting and 90 carpentry but I still rarely improve anything over 80. If newbies were unable to compete at all in a market with older players then the market would be monopolized by the players who were already on Wild for a few years before Independence opened. Guess what. It doesn't happen!

As for dragons and uniques... Independence is the OLDEST PVE server and has 3 uniques alive, even a dragon. How many uniques are alive on the new cluster?

Edited by Anothernoob

erm yeah because there are plenty of skiller tools to grind channeling i'm sure, and there are still uniques on both new servers

Id like to point out that Currently Exodus and Cele have massive hunting grounds that have hardly been touched.

I think these new players on release and pristine need to stop listening to the scare mongering.

Also this affects everyone, the only people who shouldnt be allowed to vote are the ones saying people on the old servers dont deserve a vote. A massive influx of new players affects my business, new weapon smiths to compete with my prices ect. Ive got plenty of reason to not what the new servers connected. However i truly believe now is the time to link them.

And to be honest i really couldn't care less about your uniques. I garentee you if the servers were linked most of the people coming to fight said uniques would be form pristine/release.

As i said this affects everyone and nobody from pristine or release has the right to say otherwise unless they've played on the other servers before.

Edited by Crack
  • Like 1

Voted no, I'm currently on a break of indeterminable length from Wurm, but as far as I can understand from my alliance members the economy just isn't 'in that place' yet, while some professions offer 90QL stuff (blacksmithing mainly) a lot of other professions are still slacking behind - I'd also like to add that I find it disturbing that non-pristine/releasians can vote on this, of course they vote "yes" because they want access to uniques and relatively untapped markets (of which high QL items aren't being offered yet) and it skews the whole poll which I think is unfair, I'm calling for a re-vote with only pristine/release.

'Just' my opinion.

• Like 2

erm yeah because there are plenty of skiller tools to grind channeling i'm sure, and there are still uniques on both new servers

there are more gems I think on the old cluster and they are like a skiller tool for priests on Freedom (not epic) but I may be wrong.

My comment about uniques was a response to the: "Oh the unique-murderers from the old servers will leave nothing alive here" post that I saw previously. If you didn't mean this ignore it :P.

Edited by Anothernoob

More a case of not wanting your egotistical jackbutts here at all for any reason. we do just fine without you all Thank You. 

Well that's nice and mature! But I hate to break it to you, many of the players there are alts of people on the main cluster. Including myself, and I'd love to visit my deed there on my main account.

Arguing that the players on the newer servers aren't as skilled yet is not a valid argument, as they will never catch up to the older players.  The servers never should have been separated to begin with, it just created a new cluster with a separate market.  The choice at this point is to either continue with that, making more clusters and more markets, or just combine them and consider the shortfalls in keeping new players on a separate cluster.

Voted no, I'm currently on a break of indeterminable length from Wurm, but as far as I can understand from my alliance members the economy just isn't 'in that place' yet, while some professions offer 90QL stuff (blacksmithing mainly) a lot of other professions are still slacking behind - I'd also like to add that I find it disturbing that non-pristine/releasians can vote on this, of course they vote "yes" because they want access to uniques and relatively untapped markets (of which high QL items aren't being offered yet) and it skews the whole poll which I think is unfair, I'm calling for a re-vote with only pristine/release.

'Just' my opinion.

Access to what uniques all the dragons are either dead or penned up it is not like they are out roaming the lands.

You guys just keep on making lame excuses as to why they should not be joined. There are maybe 5 people that this will really effect in any real way and they have made plenty of money already.  

Arguing that the players on the newer servers aren't as skilled yet is not a valid argument, as they will never catch up to the older players.  The servers never should have been separated to begin with, it just created a new cluster with a separate market.  The choice at this point is to either continue with that, making more clusters and more markets, or just combine them and consider the shortfalls in keeping new players on a separate cluster.

Not valid to you maybe..quite valid to me. I can tell you that if it weren't for the new servers I would never have started playing wurm.

• Like 1

You are overlooking the "We may add" part meaning they may or may not they chose to not i guess and make it fair to everyone.

Fair how..4 servers voting against two servers who mainly dont want joined..heeh..yeah fair how? should be those of us who lives here's  choice!

I suspect if Dragons were fixed so they can't be pinned, maybe roam periodically, this wouldn't be such an issue?

Fix dragon penning, then open?

I suspect if Dragons were fixed so they can't be pinned, maybe roam periodically, this wouldn't be such an issue?

Fix dragon penning, then open?

No.

Their is nothing for us old cluster players to lose, only gain and that is more enjoyment. New land to explore, new people to play with.

If this is REALLY the reason the old cluster players want it opened up, then sure open it up. Come up with a portal like between Freedom and Epic. You can come over with what you can carrry. There is a limit to the amount of times you can go back and forth.

Then we will see how many old cluster players really want to come over just for: "New Lands to explore, new people to play with." 

And btw what happened to the Pristine/ Release cluster getting another server (s) before we opened up the clusters??????

Edited by conmcb25
  • Like 4

Come on guys...

Poll should be limited to those currently invested in Pristine and Release only.

I have hundreds of dollars invested in our deeds, characters, and items.

Many (including me) left behind high skilled characters on Inde to have a fresh start with "Pristine" lands.

Opening the flood gates for the "The Nothing" to roll through the land is not something I am for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG-lsrXKRM

If this is REALLY the reason the old cluster players want it opened up, then sure open it up. Come up with a portal like between Freedom and Epic. You can come over with what you can carrry. There is a limit to the amount of times you can go back and forth.

Then we will see how many old cluster players really want to come over just for: "New Lands to explore, new people to play with." 

I am fine with that as long as the skills i have go with me. 

It's been almost a year now. It's time, we all knew it was coming eventually so why is it such an issue?

Unless you're making a killing on pristine/release and you're scared your profits might be affected you have no legitimate reason to say no.

I am entirely new to Wurm. I chose Pristine because it was a newer server with more lower skilled players I could have a chance to compete with. As a new player, it is not nearly so enjoyable to jump into a well developed game world. This is even more true in a sandbox style of game. I accept the lower availability of higher end goods. To me this is good. If I had only wanted less expensive trade goods, tools and weapons, I'd have joined an older server.  I hear others say that all the high end markets are contoled by older players who know the 'tricks' to gaining skills fast, and that they are just alts of xperienced players. Well that's fine. Those folks at least put in the effort to start from scatch on a new server.

There really is a feel of being a younger server here. We have lots of noobs. I think that is due to the fact that we are less advanced in many ways to the older servers. Most any truely new player to the game would like the chance to start out in a world that is not so top heavy in advanced players. Being a part of a still growing server is fun.

On Pristine when this topic appeared in Freedom chat, there were very few individuals who spoke up with the desire to join. You won't see a lot of those folks here in the forum. Many of those people are new to Wurm and as such do not spend their time on the forums yet. As many of you older players have mentioned, you are board and want new lands to explore. Some of that bordom probably brings you into the forums much more often, so of coures you view will be those showing up more as well. But ask the players on each server individually and I think the views will not be those reflected in this poll.

I for one still enjoy the 'fresh' feel of Pristine. The game would not be the same to me if we suddenly had a large influx of high lvl players and good. I do see the day when they will be joined, but I honestly don't feel that the servers are similar enough right now for them to join.

This is just my view, and I'll now let those of you who enjoy trashing other players views have your fun.

• Like 5

Quoting ROLF

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

The new servers will be joined with the existing freedom cluster when it's time, which I don't see happening in many months. Someone asked if it could take 2 years, and yes there is no set time limit, but I have a hunch that it's going to happen before that.

If people on those servers strongly oppose to joining until then and there are no other strong reasons to keep the cluster together that's how long it may take. I think many of you can make advanced estimates out of this information and since I don't have any more at the moment that's what we have to live with. If you absolutely _have_ to know because you can't plan otherwise.. I suggest you.. reconsider  :)

We may add some checkbox that players on those servers can click which shows if they're opposed or pro joining. This will give a good indicator. 

As far as I can see from this post, it looks like the joining has been planned from the start.  The only thing in question is when.  As for any perceived promises made re: the vote, I see none. I see the word "may" which does not mean "will,."

Anyway I voted yes.  I think it's long past time.  I've felt all along that the separation just divided the playerbase.
Edited by Amadee

I voted No

will there ever be separate lands in wurm that arent hooked up to the old cluster?

That arent hooked up to a pvp server..

please keep pristine, pristine!

Economic reasons have been squished. Appears I might have to spend the time going through and making a spreadsheet comparing the economics of both servers to fully put into perspective for people. 

Uniques, what free roaming dragons do you guys have? lol

There is no solid reasoning to keep them separate. Please, support your arguments with facts if your going to be against such a "huge" decision.

The whole point why I started on a new sever was to stay away from the older players why would I want them on there now?

• Like 1

I guess if they want they can sit out there on their own and we can just open a new server on the old cluster that they can not get access too and see how they like it, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Instead of opening a new server on either cluster just combine the two clusters. Thats adding 4 servers + 1 pvp server to the new cluster and 2 servers to the old cluster. Looks like the new cluster profits the most out of that.

Its funny the two different views here.

The new server is all no because of economic reasons.

The old server is all yes because of exploration, population, overall game play reasons.

New server sounds rather greedy lol.

Edited by Ruger