Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

And as Tayne says - how do you control people not making a gazillion forum accounts?

Would be pretty easy for forum moderators to look if accounts made after this topic went live, only showed activity by "voting" in this thread, and delete them, thus deleting their vote.

Would be pretty easy for forum moderators to look if accounts made after this topic went live, only showed activity by "voting" in this thread, and delete them, thus deleting their vote.

Which would be bad form because if I tell a couple people to come vote they might not have a forum account and they would be creating it for the purposes of this poll since I do know a number of people who do not have a forum account nor want one. 

• Like 1

I feel like this should only be asked to people on pristine and celebration. Obviously the other freedom servers can't wait to suck all the money out of the new servers with their old gear and skills.

• Like 5

Only those players who play on new servers should vote, not everyone!

I say no don't connect yet.

Exactly this.

That would not be fair this game is for all the players not for one group or the other. There are lots of players that did not want to grind for another year to get skills but want access to the content and as paying customers they have that right.

That's like having an election and only letting the republicans vote and to heck what the democrats think. 

• Like 1

Wish we could somehow prioritise votes from people who live on these servers. I feel like saying "yes", join them. Although, I don't live there and feel its not realy place to say. I didn't vote.

• Like 6

I feel like this should only be asked to people on pristine and celebration. Obviously the other freedom servers can't wait to suck all the money out of the new servers with their old gear and skills.

We already are. You think we old players didn't make new characters over there and use old tricks to gain new skill? You think that all the gold being generated over there is largely done by new players? You think new players organized and killed your dragons? This goes back to my original post, stop being immature self entitled children it will affect BOTH clusters, the old and the new. Pristine/Release have zero valid arguments as to why they should continue to be separated, zero, none, nothing, zilch, nada!

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 2

This vote should be solely decided by the population of pristine and release.

Why? It getting connected to the main clusters affects those people just as much as the people on the new cluster. AKA the people who've been wanting to travel to a new server for months now but have been un-able to do so.

• Like 1

This poll is to decide what the players want, not what we want obviously. It is brought about because it is highly requested by the players and nothing else.

Well don't just take what you are seeing in this thread as the majority rules as you should know the ones most vocal over a change are the ones against it. Let the voting speak just as loud if not more so. 

Which would be bad form because if I tell a couple people to come vote they might not have a forum account and they would be creating it for the purposes of this poll since I do know a number of people who do not have a forum account nor want one. 

Hm, true that be also, maybe check ip's (I remember I could see them under each post when I was admin of a little forum I made)? Anyways, I dont think there are much people out there looking to go through such lengths of using proxy's/extra forum accounts/... to influence this poll... I seriously hope not XD

Anyways, more towards RedBaron_Johan, do you know if Rolf has any plans with the current connections between servers (inde-deli-exo-cele-chaos and the prist/rel, if this poll turns in favor for)?

Biggest minus for connecting is quite obvious - Pristine/Release Merchants/crafters will lose large part of theirs business with main cluster High skilled players coming into market which can easy outprice locals..

Otherwise, voted Yes.

• Like 1

Why? It getting connected to the main clusters affects those people just as much as the people on the new cluster. AKA the people who've been wanting to travel to a new server for months now but have been un-able to do so.

What exactly do old cluster players have to lose from this move?

Biggest minus for connecting is quite obvious - Pristine/Release Merchants/crafters will lose large part of theirs business with main cluster High skilled players coming into market which can easy outprice locals..

Otherwise, voted Yes.

The thing is they have survived when they added new servers to the old cluster and most of the players are just alts anyway so i see no harm.

ohh, now I see. You realize the old cluster only has something to win (more land, more enjoyment etc etc) so you realise that they will probably vote yes. So you want their ability to vote gone, eh? Just ask for the "yes" option to be removed from the poll, it's easier.

Nothing to lose, only stuff to gain which will result in those players being happier. I think that alone is worth voting yes for :)

• Like 1

ohh, now I see. You realize the old cluster only has something to win (more land, more enjoyment etc etc) so you realise that they will probably vote yes. So you want their ability to vote gone, eh? Just ask for the "yes" option to be removed from the poll, it's easier.

Nothing to lose, only stuff to gain which will result in those players being happier. I think that alone is worth voting yes for :)

Thank you for arguing my point for me :)

What do the new cluster players have to lose from this move? Economy? If you think so, your math skills, basic economics, and commonsense skills clearly lack as both economies are very close in pricing. Populaiton? The population wont be drastically effected, do you seriously think everyone is going to rush to live on pristine and release like that? No. Some players will but the majority of others are relatively happy where they are, they would just like something new to explore.

Their is nothing for us old cluster players to lose, only gain and that is more enjoyment. New land to explore, new people to play with.

Edited by Ruger

What do the new cluster players have to lose from this move? Economy? If you think so, your math skills and commonsense skills clearly lack as both economies are very close in pricing. Populaiton? The population wont be drastically effected, do you seriously think everyone is going to rush to live on pristine and release like that? No. Some players will but the majority of others are relatively happy where they are, they would just like something new to explore.

Their is nothing for us old cluster players to lose, only gain and that is more enjoyment. New land to explore, new people to play with.

It's cute that within the opening sentence of any of your posts you resort to verbal name calling. Have fun stamping your feet and raging on an internet forum :)

• Like 6

What do the new cluster players have to lose from this move? Economy? If you think so, your math skills, basic economics, and commonsense skills clearly lack as both economies are very close in pricing. Populaiton? The population wont be drastically effected, do you seriously think everyone is going to rush to live on pristine and release like that? No. Some players will but the majority of others are relatively happy where they are, they would just like something new to explore.

First of all they have nothing to lose when it comes to the Economy. I'd like you to point out a single example of prices being lower on the new cluster. If you think the old and new servers are "very close" in pricing then please go check the market place forums again. Weapons and enchants would be a good place to start, pretty much anything that requires crafting skill has a wide difference. 

Also please don't write like you're the only adult and you're addressing a group of children in kindergarden. We might have different opinions, but being this arrogant makes it hard to take you seriously. It's almost as if you're incapable of understanding other people having a different opinion than you.

• Like 8

This is why we cant have nice things, too many people vote no and im sure this will not happen either.

Hell no!

We're quite happy on our little cluster and really don't need older players destroying the game for us nor littering our beautifull lands with the broken mechanic that is trader deeds. You cannot compare the skills across the two clusters in any way shape or form and the act of linking the servers is simply a short term boost to falling player numbers when instead you should fix the reasons for this fall in numbers.

This vote should be solely decided by the population of pristine and release.

Littering the lands with trader deeds? :) That's funny.  And what makes you think the lands don't have traders galore now?  Granted perhaps not every square inch... but there's at least 8 on both of the islands I have deeds on and I'm not the only resident of those islands.  Blending the population won't change it much.

Message specifically to RedBaron_Johan since it's not possible to PM him on the forums:

I am quite certain Rolf promised that a vote would only be taken among players on the new servers, since they would be the ones mainly affected by a merger. I've been searching for that Q&A log, but haven't been able to dig it up. As I recall it was either in the last half of December (after the 1.0 launch) or in January. It specifically wasn't the December 7th or Frebruary 26th Q&A sessions.

I am fairly certain this was the same Q&A session where Rolf mentioned that he expected a new server would be added to the new cluster before connecting the two clusters. It's understandable if that plan has been shelved, but maybe it can help pinpoint what Q&A session it was.

Thanks in advance,

DKSprocket

Edited by DKSprocket

Rolf promised a vote for release/pristine players only, what happend to that?

• Like 4

Everyone that plays on freedom and on the new servers should be able to vote. I do agree that premiums should be the only votes though.

The new servers have a different 'feel' to the old ones: still many, many more noobs building places and a reasonable trade in lower ql items than you ever get on the old servers.  In short, they are different, in a way that is advantageous to newer players in my opinion as well as old players who like the different 'feel',

Players on the old servers already have five servers to play with - I doubt anyone has really explored all of them in any detail so I fail to see what use more would be.  

That said, Rolf always said he would connect them so if it happens then fair enough.  I just think another year where there are two different game options (or three counting Chaos I suppose!) rather than one (or two) would be better.

• Like 4