Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

Dont put Chaos in the middle, freedomers shouldnt have to go to such lengths to avoid pvp. leave it alone.

This

@ Hussars

My last post was one of the more difficult ones to write for me, and I'm not surprised it didn't flow so well and you were able to pick it apart. Talking about my own motivation for getting involved in things doesn't come naturally to me, as I'm aware I'm anything but perfect, but I felt maybe some explanation was in order. I've never been part of any debating society, or been a leader or decision maker in anything in my life, and if I've ended up overcompensating for that lack of experience with a child's sense of playing the knight in shining armour, I'm not about to apologise for being young, naiive or idealistic because I can't help it, only time and experience will change that, and this is one of those learning experiences.

So yeah, it was a bit vague in reference to my own experiences, it wandered off-topic and I was a bit more sloppy with my vocabulary than I could have been. Teach me not to talk about myself, won't it ? :P

<- See my profile-pic, dragon-with-a-teddy-bear. Kinda sums me up nicely I think.

Edited by Drayka

As I said, you seem to be (and come across as) a very intelligent person.  I'm not aware of ever assuming you were anything other than that (I'm old enough to know better than to assume everyone is the age they may present in their vocabulary, and if I was to do so to you, I would have thought you older than you claim lol)

Your post was actually well thought out and presented your point fairly cleanly, my argument remains that while we, as humans, are emotional, using emotional arguments to refute/disagree with technical evidence is not a fair comparison on either side.  My experience has been it tends to undermine the conversation and decisions made from it are rushed/not thought out because once it gets emotional, people tend to want it to just go away.

I'm really not trying to pick on you or to "fight" with anyone opposing the linking of the servers.All of my long winded posts boil down to this:

If you want to base a decision on an emotional basis, that is fine, but you're going to get the same in return.  Just don't use that to provoke the ignoring of details you don't like (or worse, misdirecting/twisting those points) in the argument.  I'll not accuse anyone of doing this intentionally, but there is a lot of fear mongering throughout this thread as well as on the servers, but when I apply their same logic to their own arguments, it falls apart and we see more people start yelling...

There are more than a few folks on both sides doing it, it's just your posts are very visible due to their size and content, so I tend to select them.

So if you felt singled out, I apologize.  Personally, I hope you never lose your "child's sense of playing the knight in shining armour" and you should never need to apologize "for being young, naiive or idealistic", I wish more of us were.

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1

pristine cluster should become the beginning of code split!

Splitting player bases reaptivly for no real reason is a bad idea. I understand the need to split epic/freedom but that is where it should end.
I vote to link them.

And overall the economic changes will be of benefit to most people, opening up more customers. Yes some people will lose out and have to start selling at lower prices, such is life.

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 1

Can we just link the clusters and get over with it :) I really want to get my old toons from the P/R cluster to my new home on Inde :)

• Like 1

Well it appears to be an overwhelming vote to merge. Can we please now start the process.

pristine cluster should become the beginning of code split!

I couldn't disagree more with this.

As i have already said, it was known from the start that Pristine and any associated servers WOULD be connected in time, no might / could be or maybe ... WOULD.

Any code split done atm would probably only serve to slow down the current development process which is now running quite nicely with a lot of very nice progress being made under the new structure.

I also think that if Rolf ever does decide to do another code split ( new ruleset), then it needs to be on Fresh server and known from the very start, as it was with Epic This way players can make informed decisions of where they want to play.

Disclaimer:- This is my own personal opinion and in no way should be taken as an official view or representative of Code Club or it's Staff.

• Like 2

Thank you all for participating!

We will take some time to revise and weigh the results and opinions of this poll.

Verdict and any follow ups on this will be announced officially.

• Like 6