Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

I voted no, but for one reason. Dragons still can't fly yet.

Code uniques to get out of being penned up, then a month after uniques can roam free, I'd change my vote.

Btw, didn't read the whole thread, so don't know if anyone will get to reading this XD

• Like 2

I don't play on either of the new servers but I don't think this poll is a very fair way to do this as so many people don't go to the forums, its just same batch of us who do. While it may affect both of our servers I truly believe Pristine and Release will be affected more so I think it only fair that Rolf does what he proposed in the past and poll the players of those 2 servers on logon who are premium. I think their say in the matter should hold greater weight than any of us who do not live there.

I don't play on either of the new servers but I don't think this poll is a very fair way to do this as so many people don't go to the forums, its just same batch of us who do. While it may affect both of our servers I truly believe Pristine and Release will be affected more so I think it only fair that Rolf does what he proposed in the past and poll the players of those 2 servers on logon who are premium. I think their say in the matter should hold greater weight than any of us who do not live there.

I have seen them link the post in GL in blue text from a GM so everyone has a chance to vote.

Edited by Kegan

Looking over the posts looks like overwhelming yes votes from those who chose not to start on the new cluster now wanting to get here.

All their arguments for why the servers should be joined, if correct should also be shared by the folks on the new servers wanting the ability to travel to the old cluster.

And yet I see no such desire by those here wanting that, so I say stay on your over used and some what abused lands and leave us alone.

When the people on Release and Prestine WANT the ability to travel to the old cluster than take this vote!

I have seen them link the post in GL in blue text from a GM so everyone has a chance to vote.

This poll will still not accurately reflect what the people on those servers want since any of us others can vote also that don't live there. To truly know what the people from those servers want then they need to be able to vote alone.

Another poll, which makes things more complicated instead of solving anything. As there can be seen, mainly the people from old cluster want to merge, people from new cluster don't. So in the end it still is up to the management to decide whether to do it or not. One side will be unhappy whatever is decided, but this poll drew attention to the "issue" and it is now under focus, which it wasn't before the poll.

Edited by rixk
  • Like 1

Hm, true that be also, maybe check ip's (I remember I could see them under each post when I was admin of a little forum I made)? Anyways, I dont think there are much people out there looking to go through such lengths of using proxy's/extra forum accounts/... to influence this poll... I seriously hope not XD

Anyways, more towards RedBaron_Johan, do you know if Rolf has any plans with the current connections between servers (inde-deli-exo-cele-chaos and the prist/rel, if this poll turns in favor for)?

We have not been discussing that at the moment.

If they are just gonna end up south of Celebration, then it doesn't really matter if they are connected or not

I'd like to see the servers connected. I am a resident of both Indy and Pristine so having the ability to now commute between them would be great.

• Like 1

i would like to see them connected to the rest of freedom as well. But as many other suggested please rearrange the servers or do connect them to the east somehow if possible!

Kinda funny how everyone gets to vote. Obviously the more populated main cluster would outvote the P/R cluster.

This poll is to decide what the players want, not what we want obviously. It is brought about because it is highly requested by the players and nothing else.

The wants of the many outweigh the rights of the few? So you sell a bunch of limited tickets to an exclusive event, then because the masses decide they want to see the show, you say "what the heck, lets just let everyone in"? Gated communities are gated for a reason. People that move there move there for a reason.  Sure, you let everyone in to satisfy their desires, and they run wild over everything we have been building. How many subscriptions do you think it will generate? I doubt any new subscriptions. On the other hand, there are hundreds of folks happy as clams that are going to be completely disrupted and decide their happy place has lost it's charm.

Please think this over. You risk losing many players in an attempt to give players on other servers a little distraction form their current game lives.

Most game companies put extreme limits on server hopping, with existing characters. It destroys the delicate economy. Sure, over YEARS, a new balance will be found, but in this case, the new balance may simply be a mass desertion to some other MMO.  Game loyalty is hard to come by. Lose the loyalty and lose revenue. Lose revenue and we all lose, because you can't afford to keep it running.

I have watched merges happen before. It ALWAYS results in the eventual death of the game. Most gamers know this and start packing their bags early to move on to something else.

The poll was a silly idea. There was never a chance it would go in the favor of the P&R servers.  Hey, I want lots of silver. SO do most of the players. Guess what, there are a few that already have lots and guess what, they don't want all the rest of us to have lots, because it will devalue what they have.  So, go ahead and take a poll. See how many players think getting a stack of silver would be great...

Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

Placing Pristine east of Deli and Release east of Exo (and still south of Pristine) could be a simple solution to new placement.

• Like 2

deleted. decided not to care enough to keep my argument here.

Voted yes anyway.

Edited by Lolly1

The two islands should have never been segregated in the first place.  I have no clue why that was even an option.  Opening up trade and travel will only be good for everyone.

There is no reason to keep this "Country Club" configuration in Freedom any longer.

• Like 1

Also, kinda sad people have already begun giving their own ideas of placement of the P/R cluster on the main cluster. Shows how many people from the main cluster is supportive of the P/R cluster + main cluster merger. Yet, majority of the P/R people doesn't want it which can be seen on the outburst in Release freedom chat as of now.

Pretty obvious which option is going to win, considering the population amount. Well, i myself voted No as i came to P/R to be away from those high skilled players, at least have unspoiled and undeeded land (such as the lack of abandoned deeds and partially terraformed places left to rot) to play on and more cohesive community considering there's only 2 servers.

Well, people learn from their mistakes so i'll just let Rolf and his team do what they wants. In the end, the visible loss of players from the P/R cluster would show the mistakes made. Hopefully, they learn from it and likewise from the Bashur event.

I've notice many players stating that there will be NO negative side-effects from combining the two clusters. I'll argue otherwise.

Economy:
1) Market Prices drop - Influx of high quality goods and also large quantity of bulk goods will cause the market prices of most items here to fall drastically.(logical thinking - correct me otherwise but please be sensible and logical in your reply)

2) Uncompetitive Market - New players or advanced players will have no incentive to hone their skills as the goods will be so cheap that it'll cause many players to just buy them instead. ( I understand some people will train these skills, however they'll be using those high quality goods(or highly enchanted) to improve their skills. Majority of these type of goods will be from the main cluster)
- This will also result the reduction of local goods.

Social:
1) Trolls/Braggers - More high skilled players will come over and brag about their skills, considering the P/R people newbies and scold vulgarities or such. Some will troll people by 'giving away free high quality stuff' (EDIT: To make things clearer - Planning to give away free stuff THEN dont give them away)etc etc.(This will happen, almost 0% it wont.)

2) Pointless in new cluster - People who took the effort to LEAVE their main cluster accounts and migrate to the new cluster is because they want to have a NEW character to hone and be away from developed areas. This merger would cause P/R people to have dilemma on whether to reuse their old accounts and MAY cause social segregation due to the large gap between skills of their peers.

3) Loss of potential deeders - New players who would want a deed would not be able to find a place due to the influx of experienced and rich players who would deed large swaths of land for their ambitious project.

Environmental
1) Loss of forests - Experienced players will cut down trees and terraform the land that the trees grew on for deeds, developed and urbanised deeds rapidly due to their high skill levels.
- Economical sense - This would cause short term serious drop in high ql logs prices and dirt prices. However, bricks and mortars prices MAY go up YET the highly skilled players can just order from their cheap main cluster suppliers for them instead.

2) Loss of Hunting Grounds - Players will deed every remaining spots for their deeds to work on. This obviously extends to hunting grounds due to the severe lack of deeding space that P/R will experience.
- Historical example (The new world - widespread colonisation(large amount of land))

Of course certain points can be debatable, such as the fall in market prices. This will be very good for the consumers. However, it's pretty obvious smithing is the backbone of tools and many people are smiths thus they're also the producers and will be affected.

Edited by Kawe
  • Like 2

Can we please get some proponents of a merge posting some actual advantages of a merge? Not just arguing why you think others are wrong.

Sightseeing is duly noted. What else?

Well there was more but after I shut down your argument of economic reasons you seemed to get side tracked. You were bent on economic reasons but yet have you proved me wrong. lol. How bout you read the  rest the thread with your  self entitled immature self, many more things other then sightseeing has been noted by older players. Im beginning to wonder, whats your main, clearly its not a pristine main because only  reason you have not to join is economic which sounds like it will hurt your pockets if it does. Again many people including myself have posted some advantages of a merger, you tried to post disadvantages but i shut that crap down. So as it sits we have more pros then cons in terms of merger then you do cons vs pro. Cmon now. Give it to us. lol

Edited by Ruger

I know there is a vocal group from pristine and/or release that are saying they don't like it.  But I don't know that a majority of folks don't want it.  I for one do operate on both the old and new cluster and voted yes.  I'd like for them to be joined.  Yes, it is selfish.  It would make things easier for me.  I have found it funny that all or most of the yes votes have been discounted as if it can't be believed that those people operate on the new cluster.  People do not always know who everyone is.  So I wouldn't automatically discount anything.

The segregation shouldn't have happened in the first place. Rolf (and team) should have learned from past mistakes.

Now we have two servers full of people with a contorted view of the rest of the player base, who feel they are entitled to their own seperate community from everyone else. Every possible excuse has been thrown out onto the table: economy, skillsets, uniques, land appearance, etc. Of course they don't want to merge... the freebs on GV didn't want to merge/leave either, and all they had were some crummy 2x3 wooden shacks and uneven roads everywhere.

Sorry guys, but everyone's equal around here. Everyone competes with everyone. The fact you had your own cluster for however long was a mistake. The comments most of you are making about the "older", other playerbase proves as to why it was a mistake.

Just so we are clear thanks for your opinion. But just because you believe, doesn't make it a fact.

The new cluster is doing just fine without the old cluster, and as far as I can determine, the only thing the old cluster is missing out on is some exploration. I see no compelling reason why the clusters need to be connected.

• Like 3

Just so we are clear thanks for your opinion. But just because you believe, doesn't make it a fact.

The new cluster is doing just fine without the old cluster, and as far as I can determine, the only thing the old cluster is missing out on is some exploration. I see no compelling reason why the clusters need to be connected.

The new cluster is being ran by the old cluster players under a new name! lol Cmon now, please tell me your not that naive to see it. Hell it is very easy to create a new forum account as well to go with it all and live a double internet life.

Edited by Ruger

Kinda funny how everyone gets to vote. Obviously the more populated main cluster would outvote the P/R cluster.

And thats how voting works, if the poll was exclusive to only people that will vote yes, then it would defeat the purpose.

Also, Ive seen in THIS very thread, people from the new cluster advocating for the merge.

Aside from that, its not "your", its everyones world, we all vote.

The new cluster is being ran by the old cluster players under a new name! lol Cmon now, please tell me your not that naive to see it. Hell it is very easy to create a new forum account as well to go with it all and live a double internet life.

I don't understand this argument. I and most of the folks I interact with are from the old clusters. I still don't want them connected, and most of the folks Ive talked to on both servers feel the same way, or don't care. That's most not all, just so we are clear.

In the meantime don't you have a black dragon to sell? Or wait exploiting the game economy really isn't an issue is it?  ;)  As a matter of fact, Ill change my vote and opinion, if you volunteer to give out 100 sets of free drake to new server residents. Just so we know that money really isn't an issue for the older established players who are in such a hurry from the old cluster to connect them. 

The bottom line like it or not is P&R are part of a larger community called The Freedom Isles, it was always intended that they will be connected. The longer we wait now the more the segregation mentality will grow. Either pull the trigger now and let's get this over with or set a firm date that it will happen.

• Like 2

The bottom line like it or not is P&R are part of a larger community called The Freedom Isles, it was always intended that they will be connected. The longer we wait now the more the segregation mentality will grow. Either pull the trigger now and let's get this over with or set a firm date that it will happen.

That's exactly the problem. The splitting of the playerbase :/

• Like 1