Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

It's time, the pristine and release cluster have had a good time separate, but it's time to connect.

the main opposition are people who moved there from the main freedom cluster, they hold a major portion of the market share, and aren't quite willing to give it up.

personally, i've got friends i'd like to visit, i'd rather some greedy group of chumps not keep me from doing so.

As_I_Decay

Villager

• photo-thumb-618.png?_r=1373936331
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,143 posts
  • LocationMaine, US

Posted Today, 06:28 PM

Amadee, on 07 Nov 2013 - 5:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Well I must say, if I had any lingering doubts that separate clusters split the community, all doubts are gone after reading through this entire thread.  

It really saddens me to see some of you acting like the players on the old cluster are all beasts and ogres out to pillage "your" land.  There are good and bad people on both, the old cluster doesn't have a monopoly on that . And I have to say that in all my years of gaming, with the combined community of the freedom isles,  I have not found a better group of friendly, caring, and just downright cool people since I left UO. 

I am more convinced now than ever that the clusters need to be merged sooner than later.

The segregation shouldn't have happened in the first place. Rolf (and team) should have learned from past mistakes.

Now we have two servers full of people with a contorted view of the rest of the player base, who feel they are entitled to their own seperate community from everyone else. Every possible excuse has been thrown out onto the table: economy, skillsets, uniques, land appearance, etc. Of course they don't want to merge... the freebs on GV didn't want to merge/leave either, and all they had were some crummy 2x3 wooden shacks and uneven roads everywhere.

Sorry guys, but everyone's equal around here. Everyone competes with everyone. The fact you had your own cluster for however long was a mistake. The comments most of you are making about the "older", other playerbase proves as to why it was a mistake.

Umm players on GV werent forced to leave. Know people who still have chars there. They were given a choice ( A gate to exit thru) not FORCED! Huge difference there. Everyones equal really? BS...Dont see anyone else getting a namechange do you. Equal..ROFL. 

Umm players on GV werent forced to leave. Know people who still have chars there. They were given a choice ( A gate to exit thru) not FORCED! Huge difference there. Everyones equal really? BS...Dont see anyone else getting a namechange do you. Equal..ROFL. 

You're right. They weren't forced at all. I still have a character there myself. My point was, when the topic came up back then to allow people to leave, there was also a forum upheaval, and there was also quite a bunch of uninformed, segregated players making comments about the rest of the entire playerbase in very negative fashion.

As for equality, yes. There is equality. Forget one's ability to stroke Rolf, dunno why you used that as a comparison. Here, let me use a more fitting one: The day I started in wurm, a master blacksmith walked past me. Today, I am a master blacksmith, and I am sure I walk past fresh blood all the time. The people that started today will also become masters of a trade, and they too will walk past fresh blood.

I'm not going to argue with you though, Emane. I have read this thread in entirety. I did read that you originated from the old cluster and now reside in the new, and I clearly see through your posting that you have a skewed/biased view towards the old group you came from. Perhaps you are helping in creating the stigma on your segregated servers, the one that is very apparent in this thread. I don't know. I do know that whatever I say is not going to make sense to you, as your personal issues with this topic seems to cloud you from the ability to see the big picture: segregation doesn't pan out well in real life, nor in games with communities attached.

• Like 2

Can someone from release and pristine give a solid answer as to why they should not be connected.

I mean a solid answer and you can't talk about economy because in page 4 (i think it is) I already debunked the old cluster will ruin the economy theory with facts. You can't talk about uniques because the uniques are owned by old cluster players. Those seem to be the only two reasons. Can someone from your little awesome island of paradise that you guys believe it is speak up and provide a solid answer as to why they should not be connected. Dont give us the because I said so, I dont want it, etc. Give an answer with some backbone in it, no selfish thoughts involved, supported with facts.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 2

I swear people are acting like they were shutting down their servers, instead of opening them up

I'd prefer they shut it down and open a new one :)

Can someone from release and pristine give a solid answer as to why they should not be connected.

I mean a solid answer and you can't talk about economy because in page 4 (i think it is) I already debunked the old cluster will ruin the economy theory with facts. You can't talk about uniques because the uniques are owned by old cluster players. Those seem to be the only two reasons. Can someone from your little awesome island of paradise that you guys believe it is speak up and provide a solid answer as to why they should not be connected. Dont give us the because I said so, I dont want it, etc. Give an answer with some backbone in it, no selfish thoughts involved, supported with facts.

Mainly your attitude is why

• Like 1

Mainly your attitude is why

So my attitude which is based on the fact that not a single pristine/release person has come on here and given a solid answer as to why they shouldnt be connected but only screamed, called us old cluster people asshats, and other various names and things is the reason none of you can provide a reasonable solid answer. Got it.

Funny how when people start loosing the fight and realize they dont have a leg to stand on, start name calling and blaming the other guy.

Edited by Ruger

Funny how when people start loosing the fight and realize they dont have a leg to stand on, start name calling and blaming the other guy.

My god, the irony...

• Like 2

What about the folks who are on the new cluster who might want to try PVP, but not to start another character on Epic?

What about the players that started after the current batch who need to complete with the "older players" on the new cluster? (Older as in anyone over 70skill or considered "established")

No matter the cluster, you have players at the top and the bottom of the pile trying to make coin.  On both clusters, you need to adapt to the market conditions and learn to compete in the market in some manner.  Why does it matter if you're doing this on the "old" cluster or the "new" cluster?

Amount of competition?  Because as a new player on either cluster, you're still in an uphill fight if you're trying to dominate your skill of choice, just never understood how it's okay on one cluster, but not on the other.

I'm not saying nor have I ever keep them seperated forever. Im saying that we were told if Pristine and Release didnt want connected we wouldn't be and if we stated we didn't want to be that a two year timeframe was not out of the question. Pretty specifically. Everyone was also told there was not timeframe and two years were used in examples as possibilities numerous times. Was stated likely at least one more server would be released before connection. Was stated there would be a poll for pristine/release to vote in themselves probably to guage if we wanted to connect. 

NONE of this has happened. 

Do I have a market to protect here...NOPE. Do I sell stuff. Only Bulk goods on occasion, NOTHING in tools, weapons, armor ect. Do I have reasons I dont want connected, yes, And they are specifically due to experiences on the old servers where ;old' players could completely outright lie about a person and everyone believed them simply because they were an 'old' character. Do we see that here in Pristine Release, well I havent yet!

Have I seen 'OLD" Players come on to a new server and stir crap, destroy a huge area, make their profit and then run back to a previous server they were on...YES! Do I think if opened at this time the same will happen here...YES. Does it have solely to do with economy NO. Do I believe anyone from the old cluster wants to come here solely to 'explore' ROFL  NO! 

Wanna connect..NP I still think the best suggestion was that a new island on each server, then a connecting NEW Island at a later date is the best idea Ive ever heard on the subject. Do I think we need a new island NO. But would accept that as a wonderful compromise. New horizons for both sides rather than only for the old cluster. Yes we are being considered a new experience for you all...and not the other way around at all. This has been clearly stated by many repeatedly. 

As to segregation never working..well I think server numbers speak to tell their own story there. Only one 'old' server is more populated that I have seen at any given time and that one is what 2x the land mass as the rest of the islands. Id say that makes our cluster pretty popular by choice. 

Speaking of not hearing good unselfish reasons from us..I cant say as Ive heard one reason from the other side that wasnt biased by the exact factors I think we hope to avoid. We are greedy ROFL..Then leave your skills behind. If you arent 'greedy' you dont need to bring those higher skills across the line when you join us..Dont wanna skill up another char. That is YOUR choice. We all made that choice when we moved as well and decided it WAS worth it. YOU decided it wasnt..so now accept and live with YOUR decision as we are willing to do with ours. As to those who created holding deeds here knowing eventually they would be connected, Yes, you also knew at that time it would be 'many months' and potentially up to two years! Again YOUR choice. 

Edited by Emane
  • Like 2

there is only need of one fact and that is the experience of playing on an cluster that's not connected to the old cluster is awesome, its a very young world  not effected by pvp

as soon as its connected that experience can no longer be had. why would you take that away from the players? 

pristine should become its own cluster, wurm needs this to stop all this connecting drama and to better accommodate new players!

• Like 2

Sorry, but for everyone saying "old Players" blah blah, think about this

Who  used old money for Trader deeds?
Who had the knowledge to pen a dragon?
Who had the experience to power level Skills and sell things at absorbent prices?
Who walked away with 2x the amount of real life Euros form drake sales?

You guessed it, Old server players. Sorry to burst the bubble, but you have already been plundered for anything of value. Plus, certain parts of this "great" community are actually downright Vindictive and toxic.

There is no logical reason not to connect the servers except some inbred sense of entitlement, which I understand, but as a PLayer with characters on both servers, why don't I have a choice to Merge them and improve my game experience?

No new islands are needed. Plenty of room out there. You do realize that this is Rolf's game? When he puts a timeframe out there it is simply that. It in no way means that he'll adhere to it. The only real reason for keeping them seperated was to protect the uniques from being killed in the first 24 hours of the servers being opened. However it looks like older peeps migrated over and killed them anyway it just took a little longer. The community should not be divided in any way, shape, or form other then epic / freedom. I have seen new players run around and muck up an area just as often as an old, however funny story. If you want it you should prob deed it. I'll enterain the argument of trying to keep some steppe/tundra/desert areas around for hunting. I think exploring the other servers would actually be interesting. Interesting to see different build plans. So please don't generalize everyone.

Population divide is silly. I have no idea what pvp would do to your 2 islands as they will both remain pve.

Edited by alaskanbob

its a very young world  not effected by pvp

pristine should become its own cluster, wurm needs this to stop all this connecting drama and to better accommodate new players!

I, I don't understand? when was PvP mentioned in any regards to the servers connecting? Do you mean Players Wanting to ravel to PVP SERVERS?And two separate player bases doesn't work, look at the hate between Epickiddies and Freedumers.

I never made an alt for pristine or release because I didn't see the point if the servers would eventually be connected up.

I look forward to exploring the new servers on my main once they get connected.

So looking at the poll numbers seems to say quite a lot for anyone who is paying attention. 1/3 says no to joining 2/3 says yes. That looks a lot like 2 servers view against 4 now don't it. I'm a Pristine player. I joined Pritine about 4 months ago. I chose Pristine because it was newer and I had more opportunity to grow with the server instead of being a very little guy in a sea of many much larger players. This is something that draws new players.

Most of the players on Pristine and I am guessing Release as well by the poll numbers are where they are because it is not the home of many highly skilled and experienced players. We do have them as many of you have pointed out. But those who are here decided to make this their home and have developed their skills along with all the rest of us.

The view from so many who want access to P/R is that us poor noobs are being preyed upong by a hand full of elite players and these few players are the only ones who don't want to merge servers. Well guys, if you really will read the posts from many fellow Pristine and Release players, you'll see that this is entirely untrue. We have given our reasons in many forms. For most of us the bottom line is this: We are happy with our developing community and are not ready for a large volume of highly skilled players to join us yet.

The reason for the older server players to gain acccess to the newer servers is obvious: New players to sell your goods to and new lands to explore. But please, all the BS about you wanting to come in and save us from our own greedy, high level players is primarily the view of old server players. It is not the view of the the people who have played and grown with the new server.

The poll numbers show the reality to what I've said. For those of you who keep saying you have alts on either Pristine or Release and have paid any attention to Freedom chat know this to be a fact as well. Most folks who log on and are told about the poll to join the servers are appaled and upset. There are exceptions. Some folks have argued in Freedom chat for the merger, but many of those I'd expect are the alts of old server players.

Folks, by far the majority of the players on Pristine and Release do not want the servers to merge at this time. We want our little world to be allowed to finish its growth naturally without the influx of many highly skilled players who instantly give us our top products. The new servers are filled with all the friends and enemies that we have grown up with. That's why we are here and that's why we enjoy playing on these newer servers.

In the end it's not up to us. But I do hope that those who do make the decision will understand the entirely different views of two server groups.

• Like 3

I voted no, probably for no other reason that i'm quite possessive and selfish.

Not really sold on any of the arguments in this thread. It is what it is!

Having said that, I reckon the comments of a few have done more to harm the cause (Mostly pro merge) than any valid or factually based theory could have alone.

The beauty of participating in a heads or tails poll is your not obligated to offer any reason at all for voting as you did. Simply click and submit.

WTB Mortar. :ph34r:

Reading through the arguments I see old server players mention three reasons why they want the clusters to connected:

1) I want to go sightseeing

I can understand this, but is your need to go sightseeing for a few days so big you want to force entire cluster of players to have their gaming experience drastically changed? And is it unreasonable to suggest you can make an alt on the new servers to have a look around? I'm sure there are plenty of players on Pristine/Release who would be happy to show you around their neighborhood if you ask nicely.

A question for the people who want to go sightseeing: have you already explored all the old servers? If not why is it a pressing need to go explore the new servers? We might have a little more steppe/desert, but other than that the geography of the new servers is exactly the same as the old ones. The new servers haven't been as heavily terraformed, but that's about it.

2) I would like to bring my characters over

I think this is a completely valid argument, but I have my doubts how many people have a pressing need for this. It has only been mentioned by a few old server players here. If you intend to subscribe with chars from both clusters after you can bring them together then please speak up.

3) Because that's the way it should be / It's about time / They don't have any right to have something we can't have / Because I say so

We can argue the theoretical aspects of this until the cows come home, but the overarching point is why does it matter? The game is made up of people paying to have a good experience in the game and if you can't point to any actual advantage of merging the servers then why does a theoretical discussion matter?

If the only actual advantage the old cluster players can come up with is to go sightseeing it seems pretty weak compared to all the new cluster players who are listing negative consequences of connecting the servers. You may not agree with all of the reasons mentioned, but that doesn't change the fact that people are posting actual concerns while all you have to say are variations of  "it's the right thing to do" and "i'm right and you're are wrong".

Is it that important to be "right" instead of listening to the concerns of the majority of players on the new servers?

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 4

i just want my toon from P&R to be able to leave. with all the time ive spent working on skill/priest skills.

but we will have to see what happens.

• Like 1

Please don't link the servers/realms. We have a growing economy of younger toons and to flood our world with older veterans will put us all at a huge disadvantage. There is no upside to having the big kids come take over our playground. Seriously, just make a brand new world and open that one to everyone, but don't allow everyone to come destroy our delicate ecosystem.

Hell no. That would be horrible. I'm new to this game so I specifically selected a new server. If you do that right after I paid for 2 months my self & friends. I'll just quit the game if you do. I'll force them to as well as I paid for everything as it is. >_<

Please don't link the servers/realms. We have a growing economy of younger toons and to flood our world with older veterans will put us all at a huge disadvantage. There is no upside to having the big kids come take over our playground. Seriously, just make a brand new world and open that one to everyone, but don't allow everyone to come destroy our delicate ecosystem.

Where are you guys getting these ideas?

Seriously ... fess up whoever went over to P/R and filled their minds with horror stories...

This isn't the apocalypse (floods and destruction?)

edit - forgot what I came here to say! Whatever happens, please link to Cele or all 42 of us might ... well let's not exaggerate. Get mildly annoyed =)

Edited by Gypsy

Hell no. That would be horrible. I'm new to this game so I specifically selected a new server. If you do that right after I paid for 2 months my self & friends. I'll just quit the game if you do. I'll force them to as well as I paid for everything as it is. >_<

Sooooo.....no.....because?