Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

If they were connected same way we are to epic it would be okay, too many high skilled players on the older servers. from what i hear in freedom chat if were hooked up then everyone is getting together to build a mountain on the crossing point or anything we can do to stop people coming through and spoiling our world. didn't he say the poll would be just for P+R players when was on about it months ago?

Crack, on 07 Nov 2013 - 3:20 PM, said:

I do agree with you in many ways however the problem i see with this is that it basicly means anyone who chooses the old servers will never have a chance to "tame the wilds" as you put it.

ROFL really..whose to say where the next new server would be connected..it could be on the old cluster just as welll as on the new one

You guys had over a year to deed the best spots and kill the uniques and, guess what? You guys did it and there is now no real difference for the new players joining the clusters between having to compete with the higher ql veterans from the new cluster and competing with the even more skilled veteran from those of the old one. Well, except for the fact that the new players will be able to sell their low items in bulk (mortar, bricks, dirt, sand) to a larger cluster of 7 servers instead of just two servers.

Over a year really..wow I must not be able to count months these days...hasnt even been a year yet ROFL...

If did skill dumps the only skill difference in the average character between the new and old servers would be body stats, the same as Epic.

Have a deed and chars on both servers for what it's worth.

Edited by Kadore

Shouldn;t this be restricted to Pristine players only, really it should be our choice as most people will vote yes to exploit our virgin market

• Like 1

New lands to plunder and despoil! whoooooo!

This is exactly why it should be OUR (Pristine) choice, people are hitting yes just to ruin the server for those who've worked hard to make it a great place to be, not just be selfish and make a profit

• Like 1

I want to deed a steppe and put a couple templars on it so i can get my butchering skill up.

Open it up to us rolf you god like figure

Edited by LakeView

Well I must say, if I had any lingering doubts that separate clusters split the community, all doubts are gone after reading through this entire thread.  

It really saddens me to see some of you acting like the players on the old cluster are all beasts and ogres out to pillage "your" land.  There are good and bad people on both, the old cluster doesn't have a monopoly on that . And I have to say that in all my years of gaming, with the combined community of the freedom isles,  I have not found a better group of friendly, caring, and just downright cool people since I left UO. 

I am more convinced now than ever that the clusters need to be merged sooner than later.

• Like 6

If i had wanted to compete with old cluster players in the market i would have moved there. Connecting the clusters is the most assinine idea ever.

• Like 1

You some how managed to read through this thread and miss all the statement amounting to exactly that

It really saddens me to see some of you acting like the players on the old cluster are all beasts and ogres out to pillage "your" land.

Shouldn;t this be restricted to Pristine players only, really it should be our choice as most people will vote yes to exploit our virgin market

I truly have no interest in exploiting your virgin anything. I just want to explore and see the area :blink:

I think your market's chastity belt failed quite awhile ago.

• Like 1

I truly have no interest in exploiting your virgin anything. I just want to explore and see the area :blink:

You can make another char easily to do that

I will probably quit the game tbh :)

This is way to soon, and again, only people on pristine and release will lose out, others can only benefit.

I have characters on a few servers, and I dont care about linking them, I would actually prefer not to

• Like 1

I enjoy the fighting skill I have on my main and have no urge to do that work again on alt, but thank you for the suggestion

You can make another char easily to do that

Well I must say, if I had any lingering doubts that separate clusters split the community, all doubts are gone after reading through this entire thread.  

It really saddens me to see some of you acting like the players on the old cluster are all beasts and ogres out to pillage "your" land.  There are good and bad people on both, the old cluster doesn't have a monopoly on that . And I have to say that in all my years of gaming, with the combined community of the freedom isles,  I have not found a better group of friendly, caring, and just downright cool people since I left UO. 

I am more convinced now than ever that the clusters need to be merged sooner than later.

The segregation shouldn't have happened in the first place. Rolf (and team) should have learned from past mistakes.

Now we have two servers full of people with a contorted view of the rest of the player base, who feel they are entitled to their own seperate community from everyone else. Every possible excuse has been thrown out onto the table: economy, skillsets, uniques, land appearance, etc. Of course they don't want to merge... the freebs on GV didn't want to merge/leave either, and all they had were some crummy 2x3 wooden shacks and uneven roads everywhere.

Sorry guys, but everyone's equal around here. Everyone competes with everyone. The fact you had your own cluster for however long was a mistake. The comments most of you are making about the "older", other playerbase proves as to why it was a mistake.

• Like 1

You some how managed to read through this thread and miss all the statement amounting to exactly that

It really saddens me to see some of you acting like the players on the old cluster are all beasts and ogres out to pillage "your" land.

If you're referring to Klaa's post you quoted above I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, I took that as sarcasm. It didn't occur to me for one minute that he was serious. lol.  

I think maybe you've missed a few things in this thread yourself.  Bottom line is, it's been a given since day one that the servers will eventually merge. The only thing in question is when.  A lot of people started characters and planted deeds in anticipation of that happening and have been waiting for it happen ever since.  Meanwhile, the community is split and in my opinion, that's just a shame.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

I really dont get why people are so negative about it.....i dont see a reason why there should be less asshats on pristine and release then on other servers? it just doesnt make sense.....

Everyone has said there is no benefit for P&R. The benefit is having access to cheaper and better ql items and a bigger market, and that doesn't mean all the people selling stuff on P&R is going to stop getting business; because there will still be people that don't want to leave the server to purchase items, and don't want to pay for the shipping cost, so quit your belly aching and just grind your skills till the merge happens.

Edited by Roggeh

The way it appears to me the servers have had their time to set up, skill up, and make unique kills. There will not be a tidal wave of new people, most of the people that would be heading that way will be just like the ones already there. "Just looking for a quiet off the road place to call their own."

I swear people are acting like they were shutting down their servers, instead of opening them up. I was on JKH and they blew up my s10 during Rolfageddon '09 it's not the end of the world.... Yet.

Rolfageddon '09 

Hahaha... That's what i'm gonna start calling that era.  :D

I won't vote since I no longer play, but would just like to void an argument.

Someone said that by merging clusters P&R land will become cluttered with trader deeds.

There is no reason why any player from the old clusters who would want to do that couldn't do it already:

- make an alt on new cluster

- travel wirh both main char (from old cluster) and alt (from new cluster) on epic

- withdraw money from bank with main

- trade money to alt

- deposit money to bank with alt

- travel with both chars back on their servers

- set deeds, milk with alts

- once per month (or whenevef needed) just transfer money to old cluster in same manner

So really, connecting the servers, should not (drastically) affect number of trader deeds.

• Like 2