Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Lag And Disconnect Issues

Hi,

we are apparently experiencing severe lag at the moment and occasional disconnect issues. Yesterday this could have been related to our ISP having an unusual amount of traffic or that our servers had been up for a week. Tonight the situation isn't exactly the same but the ISP has been working on their side and I'll investigate what the situation is on our side.

We are a small team with limited resources and hope that you consider that we have no air support to call in.

Thanks for any understanding,

Rolf

• Like 8

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Saroman, November 5, 2013 - Unnecessary
Hidden by Saroman, November 5, 2013 - Unnecessary

We already established this 5 minutes after it started, thank you for coming home from vacation though.

• Like 1

This is the 3rd night of these issues, whether the causes are the same or not.  The disconnects are not "occasional" they're very frequent, every few seconds in some cases, I personally had disconnected before even properly reconnecting.

Hopefully the issues isn't too serious and can be fixed sooner rather then later.

On a lighter note

You may wish to invest in some redbull and coffee, lots and lots of coffee just incase :)

We already established this 5 minutes after it started, thank you for coming home from vacation though.

Be nice.

Just because it looks like the problem is easy to identify, still have to check all the possible things it can be - just in case.  And then figure out how to fix it, get it fixed, maybe a quick test, restart.  Would you rather it took an hour or three to fix permanently, or just restart the server without fixing it?  Give them some time.  =)

I closed all my alts expect 1, I'm no longer disconnecting. But I hope you find the issue soon and fix it. :)

We are a small team with limited resources and hope that you consider that we have no air support to call in.

Thanks for any understanding,

Rolf

We know that , you dont have to use that excuse every time something bad happens.  We understand servers need maintenance and from time to time they are gonna go down.  Just by acknowledging the problem and saying you are working on it is enough.

• Like 2

There are many newcomers that may not know, I am sure they are interested in the information. Thank you for posting Rolf, it has been very rather frustrating. 

Edited by Chiqa

Thank you for letting us know what's going on.

Maybe putting the information in the launcher might be a good idea.

Edited by DKSprocket

There are many newcomers that may not know, I am sure they are interested in the information. Thank you for posting Rolf, it has very rather frustrating. 

New players are not sticking around with lags and disconnects like these.

New players are not sticking around with lags and disconnects like these.

Yeah, I almost quit before finishing the tutorial...

Thanks for fixing this Rolf. Until then, I'm going to go watch some youtube, or maybe I'll keep working on my short story The Hidden Table.

Edited by Tundarack

Thanks Rolf. You guys do an incredible job, server problems are entirely understandable, thanks for working on them!

Thanks for the update. Appreciated. I hope you get to the problem without the need for too much coffee or red bull!

Thank you for the update Rolf, personally I have not been on since the lagging started on Sunday but I know there are a lot of frustrated people out there. It does get difficult to keep people from flaming out and quiting when there is not even word from the higher ups that at least it is being looked into. Now people can just be directed here, instead of on the unsupported idea that it's being worked on.

*Tips Hat*

• Like 1

Thank you for the update Rolf, personally I have not been on since the lagging started on Sunday but I know there are a lot of frustrated people out there. It does get difficult to keep people from flaming out and quiting when there is not even word from the higher ups that at least it is being looked into. Now people can just be directed here, instead of on the unsupported idea that it's being worked on.

*Tips Hat*

Yeah, just letting us know that you are aware of the problem already halfway fixes it.  If we dont get the word that you know about it, it sows doubt.  If we know you know about it and are doing what is required to fix it, then at least we can sleep easy and come back tomorrow.

Cheers for the update, at least shieldtrainin vs a horse is doable while these problems occur ^^

Well, i prefer this information then no info at all and i'm shure we will get over this connection problems

Any chance of a sleepbonus? since it was like 3 days worth of lag spikes.. mas disconnects and pretty much unplayable conditions off and on for 3 days.

Been experiencing this at night when there are more ppl online but this is the first time I've gotten it in the morning when the player numbers are so low. Whatever is causing it seems to be getting worse rather than better.

was online non stop for the last 2or 3 days (slept on keyboard ^^; ) only got one crash today.. oddly enough only started to get bad lag after i been traveling...ok make that 2 crashes, but still doesnt seem as terrible as it appears

Edited by Ekib

About 8 DC's this morning.  Massive lag.  Happening to everyone on Pristine it seems.  My ISP seems solid.

Same happening to Independence now, logged in, got 3 dc's, then could not login.

Serenity as well, prolly not related to a particular server or cluster anyway.