Sign in to follow this  
trashmanguy

Life Is Feudal Crowd-Funding!

You shouldnt be posting publicity of a game that challenges Wurm directly, and that it states in its main page that it will surpass it.

You should be aware of what forum you are posting this in.

If you feel so strongly about this project, go advertice it somewhere else, doing it here its detrimental to this comunity, I hope you can understand that very simple concept.

You should be aware that this is the off-topic section and one of the topics suggested to talk about is other games. And I will advertize elsewhere as well as continuing the convorsation here because of the similarites in Wurm. I don't think the developers of LiF have any intention to hurt the community of Wurm.

Edited by trashmanguy
  • Like 1

If they can explain what the uses of the money will be exactly, we can also expect what would happen if they don't reach their goal.

I'm not sure about the uses of the money apart from making the game a reality , but the following seems to address what will happen if they don't reach the goal - they won't cash the pledges.

Fixed Funding

This campaign will only receive funds if at least €200,000EUR is raised by its deadline. Funding duration: November 01, 2013 - December 15, 2013 (11:59pm PT).

I guess these up front crowd funding things will always be a matter of trust, and maybe even gamble. They certainly seem to be the in thing these days with this setup ...and Kickstarter...and maybe more I don't know about.

Edited by Heboric

I'm not sure about the uses of the money apart from making the game a reality , but the following seems to address what will happen if they don't reach the goal - they won't cash the pledges.

I want to add that (If I recall correctly), when you reach the Kickstarter goal, it takes one month(week up week down) for the devs to receive the funding.

I should take a look at how Kickstarter works, seems interesting, but I'm lazy.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/flashgame/index.php

can play their minigames here

I didn't like the flash version at all.

Can someone suggest other games that are similar to Wurm... open-ended, building, sandbox type games? Ones with fighting optional. I Googled games last night (since I couldn't log in here) & read some reviews, but didn't find one that appealed to me. Salem sounded like something I'd like, but then I saw the cartoonish characters (I like realism). No sci-fi, please. Middle Ages up to contemporary setting is fine.

All though this game looks very interesting I doubt it is going to make it's funding goal.

If you look at the funding curve and do the maths, at it's current donation trajectory it will not get funded.

Unfortunate as it has potential

Wow a post to start and fund another game on this games forum..? Thats just low..and uncalled for have some respect...

Wow a post to start and fund another game on this games forum..? Thats just low..and uncalled for have some respect...

Yush, we should ban all posts that even mention other game that is not Wurm.

And specially those that are sandbox with a medieval setup, those are the worst.

• Like 1

Funny you should mention Ultima.  It was a great game back in it's day, I spent quite a few years there.  It pre-dated Wurm by well over a decade.  My son was a mere toddler then and he's 18 now.  Surprised it is still around at all.  I wouldn't add it to the list of games that failed to challenge Wurm just because it is so much older than Wurm is.  It was THE Game at it's peak, now it is more like history.