Sign in to follow this  
trashmanguy

Life Is Feudal Crowd-Funding!

Everyone has been talking about it, but now is the time to show your real support.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/life-is-feudal

The campaign as of today has 40 days left to collect funding. I have had the opportunity to test the game and play with some of the early crafting and fighting. It is very realistic and has a real survival feel. You start with nothing and through a string of technologies and tools you can create casltes and siege weapons.

There is a FAQ section that anseres nearly every question you have about the game, but it is lengthy and unorganized. If you have any questions that you would want answered that might help you support the game I will gladly answer it.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/interactive-faq-t3/

I am talking to to the developer in order to reduce the price to get into early testing. It is currently at 80eu which is rather high.

**Please hype the game on mmorpg.com **

Edited by trashmanguy

So it cost me 10,000 euro to have a castle rent free for 6 months..no thanks, lol

So it cost me 10,000 euro to have a castle rent free for 6 months..no thanks, lol

The perks for donating are not the costs of the items or benefits ingame. It is just something extra you get for giving at that level. When the game is running one can fund a castle with in-game money like in wurm.

The perks for donating are not the costs of the items or benefits ingame. It is just something extra you get for giving at that level. When the game is running one can fund a castle with in-game money like in wurm.

Okay so how much is that cost or where does it say it? I skimmed through the page and seen nothing on pricing at all.

It's just going to die like every other game that has tried to challenge Wurm in it's domain. Mortal failed, Darkfall slowly died, Greedmongers disappeared, and Ultima kind of just... I dunno. Corruption! It's another straight up pay to play that the veteran players will completely wreck in. + That type of fighting system is not appealing to every player. It's to realistic for it's own good, and yeah as said, why throw your money at a probably soon-to-be dead horse, and throw it at a company that actually has stood the test of time? :| + you don't need 200,000 Euros to develop a game like that. ._. Wasn't Wurm developed in JAVA, for pretty much 1% of that cost? ;-;

Let it die please.

• Like 2

Okay so how much is that cost or where does it say it? I skimmed through the page and seen nothing on pricing at all.

"While LIFE IS FEUDAL is free-to-play, its full potential can only be experienced by subscribing to the game by acquiring a license (buy-to-play). Players are allowed to explore and roam a free continent almost without restrictions, giving a sense of the games full scope, complexity, and gameplay."

It's just going to die like every other game that has tried to challenge Wurm in it's domain. Mortal failed, Darkfall slowly died, Greedmongers disappeared, and Ultima kind of just... I dunno. Corruption! It's another straight up pay to play that the veteran players will completely wreck in. + That type of fighting system is not appealing to every player. It's to realistic for it's own good, and yeah as said, why throw your money at a probably soon-to-be dead horse, and throw it at a company that actually has stood the test of time? :| + you don't need 200,000 Euros to develop a game like that. ._. Wasn't Wurm developed in JAVA, for pretty much 1% of that cost? ;-;

Let it die please.

pretty sure mortal has more active players than wurm and every other of those game had/has more players than wurm

And Wurm is almost as pay to win as it gets, 100% more skillgain from sleep powders which are buyable

Edited by merce

"While LIFE IS FEUDAL is free-to-play, its full potential can only be experienced by subscribing to the game by acquiring a license (buy-to-play). Players are allowed to explore and roam a free continent almost without restrictions, giving a sense of the games full scope, complexity, and gameplay."

That tells me nothing on what it is going to cost for housing or land it must have a rental price/upkeep or they would not give you 6 months free. Well anyway from what I can tell it is prefab housing anyway you buy one and you will have the same houses as everyone else at that cost level.

I guess if it makes it live I will go check it out but no way I am helping fund anything especially when they don't even have a pricing system listed with it.

Edited by Kegan

Yall are mean people....

well considering that there was an attack post about the game a few days ago saying "rip wurm" then yea you should expect that in a funding post a few days later.

Yall are mean people....

I just don't believe its fair to be posting about a game that rivals Wurm. :P

Yeah, if they /really/ want to release this game they will. You don't need 200,000E to do it. Just a computer and the acknowledge. Clearly they have already done a crap load anyway according to that video.

I will try it if they release it, depending on how much it costs me.

Yall are mean people....

You shouldnt be posting publicity of a game that challenges Wurm directly, and that it states in its main page that it will surpass it.

You should be aware of what forum you are posting this in.

If you feel so strongly about this project, go advertice it somewhere else, doing it here its detrimental to this comunity, I hope you can understand that very simple concept.

I am personally quite interested to see what happens with LiF and I could happily play Wurm and Life is Feudal at the same time..

Also this forum is specifically for non-wurm stuff like other games :P

Edited by Wossoo

I like how the devs here allow discussion of other games. On some forums they simply take them down, claiming that they are spam.

I like how the devs here allow discussion of other games. On some forums they simply take them down, claiming that they are spam.

This is forum for offtopic after all. :)

Yeah, if they /really/ want to release this game they will. You don't need 200,000E to do it. Just a computer and the acknowledge. Clearly they have already done a crap load anyway according to that video.

There is still a very large gap between closed alpha and release. ;)

• Like 1

I'm excited to try LiF.  Wurm lost its appeal to me a while ago (Beta days and Notch fanboy here).  Especially with the constant additions of "magic".  I miss the days of nitty gritty survival and PvP.  No amulets, no mediation, no.... Okay I'll stop.

I'm not saying LiF is the fix, but it's the closest damned thing I've seen in a long while.

All that said,  I always have the wurm itch.  Just haven't brought myself to start playing again. (Keep kicking ass with Red, Redd!)

I donated 150e just so i can get Alpha1 access. Which i think is waaaay to much, but I've been waiting for this game for over 3 years now. Really can't wait in till its released!!!

The game certainly looks cool to me, but I just wish these crowd funding things would tell us what the money would be used for exactly. They just say it's to "complete development" which is as vague as you can get.

I know they need money, but right now it looks like they just picked $200,000 because it's a nice big number and enough to keep them motivated. If they can explain what the uses of the money will be exactly, we can also expect what would happen if they don't reach their goal.

• Like 1

Id like to consider the 150 E donation. However, it states upon the successful completion of funding for the perks...therefore I dont see it happening. The funding is way to far from goal to reach. Undecided at this point. 

The donations just started, but i fear 200k is a bit too high. I hope they can reach it.

In 5 days out of 42, it gained 1.5%. Doubt its going to make it sadly, unless they get attention from blogs and/or news sites. It looks like the game is already mostly complete though. In the video, the demonstrated that the game already has most of its features (unless the features demonstrated in the video are simulation and not actual gameplay). I don't think its going to die out just because it didn't get funding from this.

Edited by Tundarack