Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Microdeeds

New Deed Type : Microdeed

Costs : 5-7 silver (5 seems nice, but it may be too cheap?)
Perimeter : 1 free, max 5
Guards : Max 1
Upkeep : Same as a normal deed
Minimum size : 5x5
Maximum size : 15x15 (Maybe even as low as 11x11?)
Citizens : tiles/22 (so half that of a regular deed)
Minimum upkeep : 50 copper

Once it has reached maximum size a player can upgrade a microdeed to a full deed for 5 silver (perimeter must also have been maximised)).

Why do we need this?

Pretty much for people who like their neighbors, but don't want to pay for their home's upkeep if they suddenly vanish and never return.  It's a smaller version of a deed, cheaper for people who want a smaller home but not that much cheaper.

• Like 1

Pretty much for people who like their neighbors, but don't want to pay for their home's upkeep if they suddenly vanish and never return.  It's a smaller version of a deed, cheaper for people who want a smaller home but not that much cheaper.

This is a good point, and I've seen multiple villages die because the mayor left. I think it would be great if the mayor of a deed could "take" the writs from any building on his/her land that he pleases. Then, if the upkeep for a deed is not payed because the mayor left, there could be a period where the remaining villagers have a vote for the new leader before the deed actually disbands. The new person could take over the writs of peope that quit, and then (hopefully) put the village back in motion like it was before

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I don't see anything wrong with the concept, I know of plenty of villages who have off deed housing where a deed on a diet would be suitable, and it'd be an easier launching point for people starting out.  The only concern I'd have would be people using this to grief deed locations, but that said, you can do that for a slightly higher cost as is.

Needs to be kept smaller than 10x10 (normal deeds min size) [- Yes I know the final is 11x11].  Maybe leave it as only 5x5 tiles?  Allows for enough room to make a 2x2 house, and still have room to grow crops/keep 1 or 2 animals.

For details:

• upkeep - leave it as 1s/30days
  • no templars
  • 5 perim (Free) No additional allowed
  • Conversion to full deed:  5s+tile cost over the 10x10 minimum for a "normal" deed

If the idea is to provide a starting place/easier to build up from, this does both and provides an incentive to eventually "upgrade".

Edited by Hussars

Well if you figure in the 5s you get back when you disband a deed it equals out to only costing you 5s anyway so I see no need in this.

Edited by Kegan

Smaller deeds for less money are not in the game because they are very abusable for creating a cheap perimeter for fencing in a large area.

Yes .  I'd love something that helps get rid of the prim, sick of it getting in the way of everyones plans.
Inb4 "but what about Epic"?
Don't care if its only on freedom <_<

Edited by AlexLong

There is that too, I wouldn't want someone to come along and plunk a deed in between say my deed and someone else's just because they could, generally if there isn't room between two deeds, then someone probably shouldn't be inhabiting that spot.

yeahh, microdeeds means that people can place them in smaller spaces, giving a lot of griefing potential...

Pretty much everything has griefing potential, if someone uses it to grief on freedom, ban them, don't let the thought that someone might possibly do something stop good ideas

We used to have something similar to this. They were called homesteads. Back in the days when deeds were sold in preset sizes 10s for a 5x5, 25s for a 10x10 1g for a 50x50 etc, homesteads were half the cost for the same amount of land, however you could only have one person as a part of the deed(the owner), you couldn't invite people. All rolf needs to do is making some choice changes to the current deed contract, give us the option to reduce the size of the perim, reduce the amount of citizens we can recruit and with both choices you reduce your upkeep.

I dont know what this topic means. An 11x11 deed with 5 perimeter at the moment costs 2s42 to make, and 1 silver per month upkeep. So thats much cheaper than your suggestion.

For business reasons the minimum is 10 silver for the deed form, but that's obviously not gonna change.

Edited by 50Cent123

The notion is that this deed is cheaper in the long run for people who want a small deed (50 copper per month minimum upkeep rather than 1 silver) and the deed cost is 5 (going with 5 since it seems nice) to put the deed down.  It's a separate deed type from the existing deed form.

Pretty much everything has griefing potential, if someone uses it to grief on freedom, ban them, don't let the thought that someone might possibly do something stop good ideas

I agree. This is too good an idea to get shelved because of fears of griefing.

I like it. It would give much greater flexibility when setting up deeds, particularly in busy areas.

Remove minimum deed size. Consider a cap on perimeter size in relation to deed size.

Remove  the 1s minimum upkeep. 

Remove the need to buy a writ to found a deed, just take the needed funds from the players bank. Or at the very least change its price to 1s and refund none of that 1s on disband.

Keep in mind folks that perimeter means nothing. Everything you do with perimeter you can do for free with a enclosure.

Folks are complaining about fees, FACT! Allowing upkeeps less then 1s is an excellent way to show compassion. 

10s is not hard to get

Id put +1 on removing the free perimeter, it messes up many plans when dealing in small space.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

I agree. This is too good an idea to get shelved because of fears of griefing.

I like it. It would give much greater flexibility when setting up deeds, particularly in busy areas.

If you can't set up a regular sized deed on minimum settings then perhaps you should not be there? If it is cramped enough for the need of a smaller deed size, then chances are that area is extremely hard to navigate through already. Setting up a deed in smaller spots only serves to make a place more congested. There is still plenty of room on the servers for regular deeds to be dropped.

Edited by Shrimpiie

Without free perimeter busy areas would be impossible to travel. It would be a clusterfuck of deeds where everyone gets stuck.