Sign in to follow this  
tantagoth

Items To Help Everyday Players - A Wish List

Please forgive if any of these items have already been suggested but there are a lot of articles and never enough time!

Wood Stack Frame: For all the wood scraps, it can be made from 6 planks & 4 shafts and shaped like a cord wood holder, u-shaped

Curio Cabinet: much like the food storage unit but for all the jars and .other small containers, much used for dye, lye, cover makings.

Tool Rack: like the weapon rack but for holding the various tools used every day.  After all who wants to carry them all.

Barrel Rack: like the ones used in olden days where 1 was atop 2 atop 3 for easier storage and access ( on their sides).  Only 2 carved pieces of lumber for each layer.  

There more things but at this time these are and would make for cleaner more organized dwellings.  These are not in any way game changers just makes playing more organized.

id like the wood stack frame if it could hold up to 1000 wood scraps :)

some mercy for the bsbs

Wood stack frame would be fine. It could work like a bsb or woodscraps only I guess.

I'd like to see a cabinet ingame, but you can already store things in coffins, barrels, and chests without the containers decaying too rapidly.

Tool racks are already ingame.

Barrel racks would be a good idea.

Cabinet ingame would be great since the new look coffin sucks inside now :( Liked the old look inside houses.

Please forgive if any of these items have already been suggested but there are a lot of articles and never enough time!

Wood Stack Frame: For all the wood scraps, it can be made from 6 planks & 4 shafts and shaped like a cord wood holder, u-shaped

Curio Cabinet: much like the food storage unit but for all the jars and .other small containers, much used for dye, lye, cover makings.

Tool Rack: like the weapon rack but for holding the various tools used every day.  After all who wants to carry them all.

Barrel Rack: like the ones used in olden days where 1 was atop 2 atop 3 for easier storage and access ( on their sides).  Only 2 carved pieces of lumber for each layer.  

There more things but at this time these are and would make for cleaner more organized dwellings.  These are not in any way game changers just makes playing more organized.

In any game where the players build their world detail is probably the most important thing I have allways looked for and expect from wurm.   Rofl wants to make a game that is a sandbox where the crafting system is probably the most central aspect.  It is crucial that he continue to give us more ways to make a house not simply where we go to bed to get sleep bonus but a home.  

I've been playing wurm quite a few years now and it has allways perplexed me that there is really so much possibility in adding more furnature, but I havn't in all those years seen many additions.  

Barrel racks and tool racks are nice, but I think one of the most sought after things are counter tops.   I don't think many people built coffins in their house because the wanted a familly crypt in their living room.  They built them because before the graphical update they looked quite like counter tops, and also could hold a vast ammount of objects.  

Those kinds of things are what we need, wurm is a working man's game in many aspects. Each suggestion has an actual example of a model used in a game, or elsewhere.  Most of them are easily found or even bought for little or no money.  Many of those kinds of models are open source and can be used and modified easily by the art developers.  

IN addition to those ideas requested I'll make a few suggestions of my own

Work Benches.  Allows you to store load outs of tools.  These things have the capacity of a coffin.  In addition to that when you right click on it you can select tool groups instead.   You can set several groups of objects that it will withdraw.    IF the object isn't there it will tell you.  When you go to put the object back, you just open it instead and drop them in.

sideboard%20cabinet%20ad%20pic10.jpg?133

Shop Counters, shop counters.  Can store objects like a merchant except items inside are limited to what you can put in a large chest, and they also take decay damage.  Also, if the counter is not locked they can be taken if stealing is allowed/enabled on that server.   Would make a nice alternative for poorer players or players that want something else in addition to merchants.   Freedom players would put these items in their house and make that house a shop.  Anyone who can open the counter gets a trade interface like a merchant, but can't take items outright unless stealing is allowed or they are on the writ.   To take or add items to the shop you click on "Open" instead of "Trade"   The "Open" option is only shown on unlocked shop counters.   These items can only be built inside, and can not be pushed outside a building.  

3605db579f5a62fb2cf497f2cc520388.jpg?127

Display cases.  Can display one item at a time, comes in various sizes and types.   It will display the same object as if it is laying on the ground, however if it is locked it will let you examine the object but not pick it up.   (I've seen this suggested OVER and OVER again. ) They can either be put on a table and the display case moves to the top of a table object, along with it's contents or stood up as in they look on the image below.

displaycases1.jpg

Water troughs, these could fit in well with a smithy.  They can also autofill like a well, so you could plan your smithy out so that it sits on a water tile, and you don't have to have a Fountain or Well disrupting the immersion.   These things can only hold as much as a large barrel however.  (Which is fine for most smiths, as I doubt they will use more than that in less then the 15 mins it takes to refill)

WW32_102_water_trough.jpg

Wardrobes.   Thes are object designed to hold armor sets or your spare tabbards.   You can set groups of armor in this thing and equip preset armor loadouts.   This functions like an armor stand, but can hold more and doesn't have that display ability, just that extra grouping feature.   Can be also be locked, unlike the existing display stands. 

spanishcabrender1.jpg63b06712-e10b-4c79-

Chests of drawers.   Works like a chest, can hold the same amount of items just has a different appearance.  Can also be locked. 

1276.jpg

Leather Armchairs.  These chairs display the wood type they are made out of, but the leather can be dyed to whatever color the player wishes. (Or perhaps we can use those dragon products for other purposes)     

Screen2.png74c33d47-0b7f-4689-8100-d3daf

Bunk Beds.  Each of these types of beds are two beds in one.   The first sleeper takes the bottom bunk and the second sleeper the top.   As some players like to build small buildings, this would be perfect for those people that want to save space, or they can be built for more immersion for military style barracks.  

Bunk%20Bed%20preview2.jpgb7e2eaee-f3d8-4

Bookshelves if there is one thing I've seen requested time and time again in wurm its in-game books and bookshelves.   This is probably one of the most interesting items that Rolf could put in the game.   If you would ask me what item I'd request for in-game immersion more than any other object it would be this one.    Here is how I suggest it work.   When a character forms a book out of paper and uses an ink quill to write in it, the book can hold only as many pages as you add to it.   You can copy a book if you have another blank book with the same amount or more pages then the current one.  When a player opens a bookshelf with books in it, they see a widow open with a background indicating the number of shelves, the books will be arranged on those shelves with their titles on the spines.  The appearance of the books can be defined by what material was used in their bindings, leather, paper, wood, gold plate, etc.    If the shelf is locked, a player can open the book, but a chain is seen connecting the book to the side of the book window where the text is displayed, as part of the window.   The player can not remove the book unless he has the lock picked, etc but can still read the book.   This feature allows the ability for players to create public libraries with anything they want in them from old logbooks from forgotten settlements, to collections of bad poetry, all without the fear of others running off with them. 

preview_bookshelf.jpg

Book Podiums, works like bookshelves, but only displays a single book.  When a book is displayed on a podium, it lays out the dropped model of the book type except in open form.   This allows a user to change the appearance of a book.  The podiums themselves can be either made out of stone, marble, slate, or wood with each type using the texture of the wood type used in the construction.   These kinds of objects would be perfect additions to add to library for more immersion or just sit in your temple advertising the sermon times like a billboard.    These podiums can be locked and they function exactly like bookshelves, in that they prevent players from removing the books.

fd4b036e0b00bee77721bfd2e046a35e.jpg?127

Scribe Worktables.  These have the appearance of medieval scribe tables, in addition to having the capacity of a small chest, for holding paper and writing utensils, they are also where you copy books at.  You put a book on the table, they can store one book at a time like the podiums.  Then you right click on the worktable with the blank book.  If the blank book meets the page requirements it starts the copy bar.   If you cancel the action prematurely you can't open the unfinished book until you finish copying it, or you choose to erase the contents of the book.    Finished books can not have their contents erased unless it is the creator of the book.    Copies cannot be modified, only added to by the author.  Merging books can be done in the same way as copying is done, except that you can put the contents of the book on the table at either the beginning or the end of the book.    I'm open to suggestions or modifications to this system.   

a8c7804b397795452b2df0a5bb4ba4504b9187be

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 3

+1 for the barrel rack and cabinet. Also Everything in Battlepaw's post. I would love to see books and bookcases, I would also like to see the scribe worktable used for a map making skill as well, not just book making.

Shop Counters

This is something I really want to see. It would be great if you could build shop counters on tile borders. They could double as a barkeep. The reasoning for them being on tile borders is so that you can prevent customers from getting to whatever is behind it. Maybe there could also be a buildable counter with a gate in it.  I'd also like to see proper shop windows for buildings.

Storage cabinets and shelves on walls would be great, along with things like trophy heads from killed animals, weapon display cases, hanging lanterns, and many more things.

It would also be great if tables actually had a use, and if you could sit in chairs and eat from a counter or table for some sort of buff.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

This is something I really want to see. It would be great if you could build shop counters on tile borders. They could double as a barkeep. The reasoning for them being on tile borders is so that you can prevent customers from getting to whatever is behind it. Maybe there could also be a buildable counter with a gate in it.  I'd also like to see proper shop windows for buildings.

Storage cabinets and shelves on walls would be great, along with things like trophy heads from killed animals, weapon display cases, hanging lanterns, and many more things.

It would also be great if tables actually had a use, and if you could sit in chairs and eat from a counter or table for some sort of buff.

Well just puttiing in animations for sitting at chairs, benches on even on the lip of fountains, for taking baths for be awsome. When we raided Guardians of the Light a few days ago we built a little campfire and all sat around it tosting marshmellows and telling fish stories,while catapults launched fury in waves of devastation over our heads. It would be awsome if we can sit back on armchairs, sit straight up on normal wooden chairs, etc. Or sit piously on our church pews.    I have to say looking at that picture reminds me of when  we were all horse surfers, the fact we can't do those things really spoils the new immersion thing Rolf is shooting for with all those additions.  

wurm.20131102.0357.jpg

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2

wurm.20131102.0357.jpg

As sitting in armchairs was demonstrated to be a necessary PvP feature, it should get Rolf's attention and be implemented immediately. :lol:

I think all of Battlepaw's suggested furniture is a great idea.

Edited by Marshlander

Tool racks are already ingame.

Where?..never seen a tool rack option myself yet....

Where?..never seen a tool rack option myself yet....

Yeah there isn't, my bad.

Think all the ideas in this thread are great, but If I had to choose one I'd probably go with either the shop counters or scribe/books. Think the books could have quite a huge impact on the game roleplay wise, player diaries, writing down kingdom events for historical purposes, or maybe just writing up guides/rules for new players wanting to join villages.