Sign in to follow this  
merce

What Everyone Wanted Of Wurm But Never Got

What everyone said when MO came, DF, Xsyon, and another string of crappy games.

Wurm is still growing despite all those games, which offers none of the same as Wurm for the carebear crafters, so I have no concerns whatsoever.

• Like 1

All i see is a rip off of wurm. OP please leave. What a waste of time watching that video.

I actually like wurm a lot more than what this game looks like.

• Like 2

Let me guess the developers have got the idea from Wurm Online.

And wow they have got a trailer omg... Just wait until you see the game by yourself, looking good in a trailer not always means that the gameplay is good. I don't think that they will harm us...

Edited by Sklo:D

If you spent more than a second on their site, you'd have noticed that there are premade structures and the option to design your own.

So, you design a model and submit it to them? I still don't like that idea.

I know this is a bit similar to greed monger because of the pre-made assets, but it looks like in the video they actually put some effort into this instead of buying a pre-made engine, throwing some pre-made models around and taking screenshots.

Or maybe those assets aren't pre-made. I wish Brash was still here to investigate this for us....

Edited by Sir Arowhun

This is nothing new, oldfags remember this.

The creator of life is Feudal actually came on the wurm forums because he liked playing wurm and asked players what they would want in his game. It has been in development ever since.

• Like 4

I think the biggest folly in these games is that people come up with Freeform Builder Sandbox games, and immediately tack on, Full Loot PvP!

Even though it wasn't much of a Builder, Fallen Earth proved to me that they are mutually exclusive (The Arena PvP in Bloodsports was infinitely more fun than the open world PvP), and best kept separate.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 3

Putting it on the Wurm forums is sure to get an unbiased assessment, that being said it would be nice to play a game with possibly one server and not 2 or 3 or 9 etc.

Not impressed. I don't think there will be a valiant effort with good budget to dethrone wurm from the sandbox mmo type that it is. Mainly because the sandbox playerbase is a very small fraction of the gamers. People just wanna hack and slash in minutes nowadays, you can't throw 1 million dollars to hire the proper team to develop such a different game.

Sure you can thats how things happen in free enterprise, wurm wont enjoy its monopoly forever that why I try saying rolf needs to increase market share while he is releveant. What do I know? :)

I'm actually already apart of Alpha testing and have been for quite a while, I didn't buy my place, but was given it due to a normal tester application.  So far I have only tested the game once, there have been two tests I think, not positive on this though.

It's actually pretty decent, and has a lot of potential.  Don't misunderstand though at the current moment it can not hold a candle to Wurm, but there is a possibility that with enough investment, it could - as mentioned, it certainly has the potential to do so.

The only thing I can say is that I did enjoy the test, it was fun and could be a brilliant game in the next couple of years.  But Bobik posted in the closed beta/ alpha section of the forums that if the Indiegogo campaign does not meet or provide enough funding for continued development, there will be no game.

This is wherein the problem lies, their Indiegogo campaign is in my opinion: poorly done, the prices are too high and they are hoping for quite a lot to gather 200,000 Euros.

I'm actually already apart of Alpha testing and have been for quite a while, I didn't buy my place, but was given it due to a normal tester application.  So far I have only tested the game once, there have been two tests I think, not positive on this though.

It's actually pretty decent, and has a lot of potential.  Don't misunderstand though at the current moment it can not hold a candle to Wurm, but there is a possibility that with enough investment, it could - as mentioned, it certainly has the potential to do so.

The only thing I can say is that I did enjoy the test, it was fun and could be a brilliant game in the next couple of years.  But Bobik posted in the closed beta/ alpha section of the forums that if the Indiegogo campaign does not meet or provide enough funding for continued development, there will be no game.

This is wherein the problem lies, their Indiegogo campaign is in my opinion: poorly done, the prices are too high and they are hoping for quite a lot to gather 200,000 Euros.

Yeah they are aiming way to high. If they removed a 0 it would make more sense.

Edited by GroeneAppel

Indeed, I'm not even sure if I will continue to have testing access!  I have a feeling that current testers who applied to TEST the game and make it better, will have access withdrawn without buying the 150 Euro Alpha access pack, which is incredibly overpriced and quite ridiculous.

I think they may have pissed on their own chips, if not enough people do not buy the early alpha and beta testing packs - they will have very few people to actually test the game and therefore we could expect incredibly buggy game breaking releases and a complete fail release due to too many bugs putting people off.  At which point if they decide to open the floodgates and let more people test the game for free, without buying the expensive packs, people who did buy the packs will be pissed.

I'll give it a shot depending on the price, I'm willing to keep an open mind here.

• Like 1

Indeed, I'm not even sure if I will continue to have testing access!  I have a feeling that current testers who applied to TEST the game and make it better, will have access withdrawn without buying the 150 Euro Alpha access pack, which is incredibly overpriced and quite ridiculous.

I think they may have pissed on their own chips, if not enough people do not buy the early alpha and beta testing packs - they will have very few people to actually test the game and therefore we could expect incredibly buggy game breaking releases and a complete fail release due to too many bugs putting people off.  At which point if they decide to open the floodgates and let more people test the game for free, without buying the expensive packs, people who did buy the packs will be pissed.

It'll feel like home then, just like Wurm

• Like 5

I have been following LIF for a long time now and I wish Bobik luck.

There is one big difference between Wurm and LIF and that is the fact that Wurm exists, is established and has a loyal core of players. I see nothing wrong with the development of new 'sandbox' games and in many ways this could lead to a more rapid development/evolution of Wurm as it continues to be challenged by these new kids on the block.

Incidently, Xsyon has just announced a PvE only server as part of its evolution.

If I had a dollar for everytime I saw overhype and dreaming about a potential competitor with Wurm, especially when its still vaporware.

vaporware.

That word you keep using...

All i see is a rip off of wurm. OP please leave. What a waste of time watching that video.

A rip off of wurm, with good developers?

How is this not great?

• Like 1

This game looks like Wurm 2.0 and first direct rival to Wurm at the same time (Xsyon is not even close to Wurm complexity and payment system). Will it be good enough to beat Wurm? We will see. :D

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by RedBaron_Johan, November 4, 2013 - Breaking code of conduct paragraph 3
Hidden by RedBaron_Johan, November 4, 2013 - Breaking code of conduct paragraph 3

wheres the caves? i see little baby mines like viet cong bitches digging in the dirt but wheres the real caves? the righteous carveouts hollowing mountains?

This is essentially the next Mortal.

3/10.

Looks quite interesting, but I still find wurm the best :)

Anyway, every game can learn from each other a lot!

I think theres a certain type of vulture studio just making things like this to suck money out of crowd funding projects they know will never be any good.

If not this game, then the next or the one after.

Wurm's monopoly in this space will not last forever.

• Like 2