Sign in to follow this  
merce

What Everyone Wanted Of Wurm But Never Got

argh my eyes...>.< but seriously better graphics in some ways dont make it a better game....and the housing seems to be less versatile than wurm ones....hm...

• Like 2

argh my eyes...>.< but seriously better graphics in some ways dont make it a better game....and the housing seems to be less versatile than wurm ones....hm...

Too Long; Didn't Watch; Must Defend Wurm With Life.

• Like 2

I can see at least all the PvP players from Wurm giving it a look. This just might be the best thing to happen to the carebears in Wurm.

• Like 2

Looks interesting, provided that there's a pve only server. If not, I'm out.

• Like 1

Looks interesting, provided that there's a pve only server. If not, I'm out.

Haha no, you keep playing wurm with your invulnerable fences and immortal cows.

• Like 1

This actually looks interesting.

An actual combat system, decent grapics.

Hopefully its actually optimized.

The housing dissapoints though, Wurms housing system is great.

• Like 1

The building part looked like crap really the only things I seen that might be any better was the fighting and visuals other than that everything else looked like a cheap knockoff..IMO

This thread would be more interesting if it was about an actual published/in-beta game, not a still vaporware indiegogo project which only managed to get 1600€ in the first two days and must reach 200k€ in the next 43 days. And you don't even link to the indiegogo page...

• Like 1

This is exactly what I was suggesting a while back when I almost quit the game, and people thought it was a terrible idea. I'm interested to see how this goes. Code Club has some work to do if they want to catch up. This is proof how the grind is not necessary for a game like this, and only makes it less fun.

But the building system in this game at least is not comparable to Wurm. Wurm has that going for it.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 2

There've been so many games that were supposed to be Wurm killers, but ran it into the ground shortly after going live. I'll wait and see before i make any assumption of it succeeding or not.

• Like 3

There've been so many games that were supposed to be Wurm killers, but ran it into the ground shortly after going live. I'll wait and see before i make any assumption of it succeeding or not.

Most of them I have seen never made it live, lol

I've had my eye on this for a while, it looks promising. Eventhough i'm not a huge fan off full pvp :)

This is exactly what I was suggesting a while back when I almost quit the game, and people thought it was a terrible idea. I'm interested to see how this goes. Code Club has some work to do if they want to catch up. This is proof how the grind is not necessary for a game like this, and only makes it less fun.

I would totally disagree with you regarding grinds. It is a major appeal of Wurm and although any grindy MMO does have its disadvantages, it does give the game much more appeal.

I don't see any kind of objectives/endgame in the video, Wurm can at least have a lot of player-set objectives whereas I don't really see much scope in the game there. Will need many more features to progress. Is there even a skill system? Because if not, then it's basically just a fancier Minecraft and that would have no appeal to me at all.

• Like 3

Hmm, it seems that all of the buildings are pre-made models, like mortal online. That isn't really sandboxy... What's the point of editing the terrain if all the buildings look the same and can be built anywhere?

from the kickstarter page:

"Innovative Mini-Games Concept. LIFE IS FEUDAL features a plethora of mini-games that adds immersion and fun to the medieval crafting process, and allows gamers to play isolated parts of the game directly from a browser! Mini-Games offer an opportunity to improve on a given craft, and rewards players with bonuses."

So, you can stay in your house and just spam mini-games through a website to do things without having to actually play in the game? That's interesting, I guess.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

But the building system in this game at least is not comparable to Wurm. Wurm has that going for it.

In what way is a game that isn't even in beta yet proof of anything more than someone shares your opinion? JW, feel free to enlighten me

I see like 1 post a month with the game that will ruin wurm. Until a wurm ruining game is RELEASED, and ACTUALLY BETTER there is no such game that will be wurms downfall. Most of the games are way better than wurm in one or a few aspects, but leave a lot to be desired by wurm players.

Hmm, it seems that all of the buildings are pre-made models, like mortal online.

If you spent more than a second on their site, you'd have noticed that there are premade structures and the option to design your own.

If I had a dollar for everytime I saw overhype and dreaming about a potential competitor with Wurm, especially when its still vaporware. Heck this stuff was going on well before Ultima Online and Everquest were even made.

Its happened before plenty of times, and Im sure it will happen again.

EDIT: Save the excitement for after the game concept actually implements all these amazing features. You'll be disappointed alot less.

Edited by Klaa

Not impressed. I don't think there will be a valiant effort with good budget to dethrone wurm from the sandbox mmo type that it is. Mainly because the sandbox playerbase is a very small fraction of the gamers. People just wanna hack and slash in minutes nowadays, you can't throw 1 million dollars to hire the proper team to develop such a different game.