Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 44

an axe is quite destructive to trees.. only fair if they protect their kin ;)

Awesome news. But please look into having the ability to load from bsb directly into cart / ship etc... Dragging 2000 bricks can seriously harm your hand... I have high hopes for this :)

Withdraw 2000 bricks as a single packaged in one bulk bin UI transaction. The crate is a single item weighting 30,000 kg and consuming 16,000 volume and since its too heavy to carry the crate is dropped on the ground next to the player. Then, you load the crate into either boat or cart. Note its a transport crate, you can't open it or put more stuff in it. The only way to get the goods inside is to deposit it in another bulk bin.

really dislike the new coffin artwork that I think was this update, most coffins I see were placed to appear as workbenches, so please revert back or let us craft a workbench looking storage item

• Like 2

And maybe make bigger trees aswell, so itll be like ents and then pissed off little trees aswell when u cut down the forest :P lol

I love how u completely left out my comment about new gates unanswered.  Can you please let us know why is so hard to implement this.  We have been asking for it over a year now and instead you code a new palisade when the old one was just fine.

There was no coders involved or hurt during the processes of implementing the new palisade graphics !  ;)

And yes, we will add more gates in the future!

There was no coders involved or hurt during the processes of implementing the new palisade graphics !  ;)

And yes, we will add more gates in the future!

yay!

I'm looking forward to the crafting window; I have had a lot of friends try out Wurm and quit because they didn't like how the crafting worked. I'm going to try and get them back into Wurm once its implemented. :)

This is a very bad idea. No way do I want another aggro mob introduced into the game under the guise of a tree. Players cut down trees for many purposes and to have them able to attack people under some random unspecified conditions would just be further delays in accomplishing building and crafting related tasks. Please leave these oddball trees for the Halloween time of year as harmless décor, Wurm has enough destructive elements within the game as it is.

I kind of figured that there would be those who disliked the idea, not that I can blame you, and more confusing ways to die can be a problem. 

This all started in my head as a Christmas present, give all the players 5 mystery sprouts and see what happens :P  

• Like 6

Love this thread can't keep up with all of the comments >.> 

Great job ladies and gents, keep it up and hopefully see more updates like these in the near future :)

I kind of figured that there would be those who disliked the idea, not that I can blame you, and more confusing ways to die can be a problem. 

This all started in my head as a Christmas present, give all the players 5 mystery sprouts and see what happens :P  

+1 totally for this.

• Like 1

Any idea how long we're looking for with the load function?  I have some major deed changes I want to make but want to wait for this functionality.

I know you can't make promises, but even a ballpark of something like days, weeks, months, years, or bridges would be great.

Are the braziers craftable yet? And the lawns?

Hello, they are not fully implemented yet. We are holding them untill the next server update which is needed for them to function correctly.

Any idea how long we're looking for with the load function?  I have some major deed changes I want to make but want to wait for this functionality.

I know you can't make promises, but even a ballpark of something like days, weeks, months, years, or bridges would be great.

This is also being held back by the upcomming server update, which in its turn is dependant on one of our external consults who is working on some major updates to the graphics engine.

I could only at best be higly speculative as to when this work would be finnished given he could run into any given or unknown type of issues along the way.

I would much rather give you the promise that as soon as I know, you will know, then be held accoutable for giving you guys incorrect random estimates ;)

• Like 2

How the hell is your server dependant on your graphics engine? 0,o ?

This is also being held back by the upcomming server update, which in its turn is dependant on one of our external consults who is working on some major updates to the graphics engine.

I could only at best be higly speculative as to when this work would be finnished given he could run into any given or unknown type of issues along the way.

I would much rather give you the promise that as soon as I know, you will know, then be held accoutable for giving you guys incorrect random estimates ;)

That tells me what I need to know, many thanks for your response!

How the hell is your server dependant on your graphics engine? 0,o ?

as in they are waiting till the graphics engine update is complete before adding new functions and items.pretty clear from what he said. They want to have it all ironed out before adding things that can cause other issues. makes sense.

The update notes should have had at least brackets next to each item that was not in the game yet. I know I certainly tried everything to make a brazier. But I guess I still have to give the art guys a passing grade for updating the art patch notes better than the client patch notes that haven't been updated since 3.27 and stable is at 3.29b.

Why is the tedious part of dragging 5k bricks being ignored completely while all other questions are being answered?! Is it that hard to code for you guys, I don't think so tbh. You will make so many people happy that order / deliver in bulk and as said before, having to drag into inventory first and then into cart / boat is beyond dumb. If you think this is immersion breaking then give us load cranes of some sort... They had those in the middle ages, heck even egyptians had them.

Crap I'll even pay for that code work! How much? - here is a glorious idea of where you could make part of the website into a goal donation center? People could donate towards certain goals maybe? I know I would xD.

That problem is already being worked on, Megachill.

More items added as transportable:

Large barrel, Stone Bench, Coffin, Statues, Large Chest, Oven, Archery Target, Small Cart, Big Storage Bin, Fountains, Wells, Tables.

And lastly beds are now loadable, where a check was added so that beds with someone sleeping in them, can't be loaded. Even though this could be an epic prank to pull, Wurm style!

Is this the full list of transportable items, or just what was recently added? Will we be able to transport Forges?

Is this the full list of transportable items, or just what was recently added? Will we be able to transport Forges?

It was just an updated list of items being added.

You will be able to move forges given they are not being used or "on fire".

Will horses and such still graze on lawn when it is fully implemented? just curious, and also will it be a semi permanent condition until a player packs it or require upkeeping?

so about this still haven't seen an answer to it? Any info you have is most greatly appreciated.

Edited by lostwaysider

I know this is a semi old post, but just going back threw and reading..

this major server/gfx update sounds asome, i'm wondering what it will change? make wurm look like?

will torches in houses not shine threw walls anymore ;)?

Love the progress and work you dev's are doing. a lot of new games coming around that is making sandbox games gain a pretty good foothold now a days.

I must say Wurm is in the perfect place right now to be the best sanebox xp :)

keep up the good work!