Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 44

Why is the new palisade gate all crooked and bent? It really doesn't look good as a gate. The old one was much better. Please make it more even!

• Like 2

Awesome news. But please look into having the ability to load from bsb directly into cart / ship etc... Dragging 2000 bricks can seriously harm your hand... I have high hopes for this :)

• Like 1

So are the new crafting system and load function implemented in game now? Or....?

That's just a bit unclear.

can we get a picture of this WIP crafting system?

great seeing news. i like to know what the devs are doing tot he game :D

I thought it was pretty clear that it is work in progress.

Are we ever gonna have gates other than palisade ones?  Code cant be that hard you can just copy the same one from the palisade and use a large gate instead.

• Like 2

Who do I have to pay / bribe to keep these in the game permanently - they are awesome.....I want an entire forest of them, just randomly roaming around the countryside eating unwary passerby's. Make great guards as well. I led this one around and the animation is fantastic.

TmsTvzL.jpg

It's times like these that I wish I could up-vote a post more than once. I can't agree with you any more than I do right now. I want these as mobs!

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

I am having a blast  with the Halloween graphics. Have you taken your tree(dog, bear etc)  for a swim today? 

Thank you for the laughs and fun   :wub:

Will horses and such still graze on lawn when it is fully implemented? just curious, and also will it be a semi permanent condition until a player packs it or require upkeeping?

So now raiding enemy deeds we can take EVERYTHING that's not nailed down... On elevation we can now add the following items to loot lists;

Large barrel, Stone Bench, Coffin, Statues, Large Chest, Oven, Archery Target, Small Cart, Big Storage Bin, Fountains, Wells, Tables.

And lastly beds are now loadable....

Here are some Serious Problems!!!

What's the point of locking large chests when raiders can load them, take it to their own deed and lockpick it at ease?

Oh, Thank you for putting TOWER CARTS back into the Game.   May The Horde of the Summoned test this and bring our Order to Elevation.   I better start making bricks overtime.

it says "each press" so I think each press, will queue up your max amount of actions (mind logic). So instead of clicking 1 log 4 times, you'll only have to press once and it'll queue up 4 actions on that single log.

I could be wrong tho, we'll need devs to make it crystal clear :D

Yes that's one of the ways you can do it.

I wish to see the new Crafting interfence, but wouldn't be nice if you should all time type, Blacksmithing / Horse shoes, would be nice if it would save as history

There is no need to search for things in the actual crafting window, there is a separate window with all the possible creations in wurm (excluding gathered items, cooking, smelting and construction (fences, houses)). From that list of items you can search for what you want and just right-click to auto fill the crafting window with the items in your inventory.

In the crafting window you can drag in two items and you will get the list you normally get when right-clicking.

Who do I have to pay / bribe to keep these in the game permanently - they are awesome.....I want an entire forest of them, just randomly roaming around the countryside eating unwary passerby's. Make great guards as well. I led this one around and the animation is fantastic.

So my brilliant idea of implementing evil trees in the game is not so bad after all, they should mimic normal trees until you try to cut them down, and then turn into a hostile tree monster and BAAM!  :D

+1

Can also add bookmark recipe for like 1-10 items... say I bookmarked create string, when I click the bookmark icon of string, it automatically search my inventory for a spindle and cotton then put it on the crafting menu. After that I just need to do another click to craft it :)

Not a bad idea, will see if we can get that one in now or later.

So are the new crafting system and load function implemented in game now? Or....?

That's just a bit unclear.

No, it's still a work in progress.

can we get a picture of this WIP crafting system?

great seeing news. i like to know what the devs are doing tot he game :D

Not much to see right now, missing graphics so lots of red x's.

What's the point of locking large chests when raiders can load them, take it to their own deed and lockpick it at ease?

It won't let you load containers that have items inside of them, stealing is one of the reasons for this.

• Like 5

Man you guys are really putting out these updates, i made a post somewhere a few months ago saying the communication on upcoming updates and suggested ideas was lacking. I have to say my opinion has been changed and i really appreciate the regular info on new things and the regular updates!

Thanks Dev Team for keeping me interested!

• Like 2

Loved all the Halloween stuff! I really preferred the old palisade gates though.. could you make an option to be able to pick from the old one or new one? 

As far as I can tell they have always been putting out these updates. It's just that Johan actually makes it look like they are working. And he makes sure they include the right kinda updates.

Good job Johan!!

Yes that's one of the ways you can do it.

There is no need to search for things in the actual crafting window, there is a separate window with all the possible creations in wurm (excluding gathered items, cooking, smelting and construction (fences, houses)). From that list of items you can search for what you want and just right-click to auto fill the crafting window with the items in your inventory.

In the crafting window you can drag in two items and you will get the list you normally get when right-clicking.

So my brilliant idea of implementing evil trees in the game is not so bad after all, they should mimic normal trees until you try to cut them down, and then into a hostile tree monster and BAAM!  :D

Not a bad idea, will see if we can get that one in now or later.

No, it's still a work in progress.

Not much to see right now, missing graphics so lots of red x's.

It won't let you load containers that have items inside of them, stealing is one of the reasons for this.

I love how u completely left out my comment about new gates unanswered.  Can you please let us know why is so hard to implement this.  We have been asking for it over a year now and instead you code a new palisade when the old one was just fine.

• Like 1

I love how u completely left out my comment about new gates unanswered.  Can you please let us know why is so hard to implement this.  We have been asking for it over a year now and instead you code a new palisade when the old one was just fine.

What Saroman said, and I only answered questions related to things I have been working on in some way or just thought about in general. We have not had any discussions related to adding more fences / gates at this moment, and even if we did I wont discuss new features until Johan have had a chance to unveil them.

Any chance to see double roundpole gate added?

The single one is nice, but cant pass it with horse and cart.

Will you be able to load spirit castles?

So my brilliant idea of implementing evil trees in the game is not so bad after all, they should mimic normal trees until you try to cut them down, and then into a hostile tree monster and BAAM!  :D

Oh yeah, this is a great thing. Would be great to be able to sprout them and plant them, even tame them :wub:  Would also be cool if they would reroute roads. So that if you have a road going through a forest they could perhaps reroute it so that the path is always changing and sometimes leads you off to their grove, closing the road behind you,and devouring you at their leisure. :D Oh and also do ones that use the winter chestnut graphic. :wub:

Edited by sunsvortex

I see update affect my palisade. Now have nice shape but i have headache from new color. This alternation of dark logs there too often and annoys me that log have to be only on one side vertically not on both sides. Gate the same, ugly.

I think, it would have thrilled fans of wooden palisades, if they could even walk on them ;)

• Like 1

So my brilliant idea of implementing evil trees in the game is not so bad after all, they should mimic normal trees until you try to cut them down, and then turn into a hostile tree monster and BAAM!  :D

This is a very bad idea. No way do I want another aggro mob introduced into the game under the guise of a tree. Players cut down trees for many purposes and to have them able to attack people under some random unspecified conditions would just be further delays in accomplishing building and crafting related tasks. Please leave these oddball trees for the Halloween time of year as harmless décor, Wurm has enough destructive elements within the game as it is.

On a more positive note, the new palisade art looks very nice. I like the lighter tone to them and the way the texture more closely resembles the trees. Always wanted more privacy from them, so now that they can not be seen through it has that effect as well. I have them surrounding 3/4 of one of my deeds and looking down the line of them from the highway alongside makes a very nice effect. The palisade gates probably would look better with the same graphic as the regular palisade with only 2 horizontal log braces same as palisade, with a similar top and no piece above. Overall a great improvement, I would say.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 1