Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 44

LSSN_W44_2.jpg

Hello fellow Wurmians!

Idle hands is the devils playground as they say. So with Halloween getting so close the best choice was to share some news!

There will be a separate update on any special Halloween surprises.

This time around I would like to give a part of this news post to draw attention to Tich, who is an appreciated and highly talented member of the team who always puts in a lot of work.

Tich´s most recent additions to the game:

Added a way to make lawns by using scissors on short grass within your deed.

Fix so lawn does not get a 'gather' option, and trim grass only is available on short grass tiles.

Fix so the lawn is flat!

Added a message for when a village has under a months upkeep left, it is shown in village chat when a citizen logs in.

Thank you Tich for this and all of your other great work!

Crafting Interface, functionality explained.

I had another look at the progress and now most of the functionality is done.

As it is looking right now, there is one window where you can find craft recipes either by browsing through a structured hierarchy or searching by keyword for items and even categories.

So if you are a carpenter, a search for carpentry gives you a list of items dependent on that skill.

It also works the other way around, you can put any two items in the crafting interface and the recipes will update to show what items can be started/crafted by using them.

You then right click the item you want to craft, choosing the option for activating it in the creation interface.

The creation window in turn will tell you what materials are needed to start/create and finish the item.

For example when creating planks, you would only need to once set up what to craft given you have the right items in the window/inventory, then each press queues up actions to continue making planks.

Lastly, when leaving a crafting job like a boat unfinished, you only need to right click it when coming back to activate it in the creation window.

This will tell you exactly what is still needed and let you continue the job.

The Load Function is still getting attention and I wanted to give some examples of details being addressed.

Passengers can now load items.

More items added as transportable:

Large barrel, Stone Bench, Coffin, Statues, Large Chest, Oven, Archery Target, Small Cart, Big Storage Bin, Fountains, Wells, Tables.

And lastly beds are now loadable, where a check was added so that beds with someone sleeping in them, can't be loaded. Even though this could be an epic prank to pull, Wurm style!

Art

There has been work going into making Halloween extra special for you guys but as I said, thats for a soon to come update.

Some other things being updated and added are:

Palisades which you can no longer see through, giving it a more robust look.

Floor board, tarred tile texture.

Updating Kindling and Wood Scrap piles, replacing the old ones.

palisades.jpg

After reading all of this you are probably getting a bit impatient, so the best option as I see it is to

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 30

It all sounds very good to me, even the crafting-update part.

Should be easier for newbies to find their way, and more relaxed for us oldbies in crafting stuff.

• Like 1

The crafting sounds nice so far, no significant change on actual gameplay, but a huge relief on using the gui.

And you don't need the wiki as much, to even find out what you could do.

Edited by Keldun

The new palisades are amazing.

Appreciate the weekly updates, I like reading about the progress. :)

I have not been reading that much about the crafting.

But has been taken into account that people play multiple characters? Will this still be possible etc when grinding?

Oh my goodness!  I see tons of additional features embedded in this post - all of them fantastic!!!!!!!

Please dont use Lawns yet, they will give the 'null' error in console, until the client is updated.

• Like 1

Crafting Interface, functionality explained.

For example when creating planks, you would only need to once set up what to craft given you have the right items in the window/inventory, then each press queues up actions to continue making planks.

So using the crafting interface it would take two drags (saw and log) and 4 clicks to queue up 4 planks?

Whilst using the current system i can setup once (activate saw) and right click a pile of logs to queue up multiple actions. in what way is the crafting interface an improvement over this?

So using the crafting interface it would take two drags (saw and log) and 4 clicks to queue up 4 planks?

Whilst using the current system i can setup once (activate saw) and right click a pile of logs to queue up multiple actions. in what way is the crafting interface an improvement over this?

it says "each press" so I think each press, will queue up your max amount of actions (mind logic). So instead of clicking 1 log 4 times, you'll only have to press once and it'll queue up 4 actions on that single log.

I could be wrong tho, we'll need devs to make it crystal clear :D

• Like 1

it says "each press" so I think each press, will queue up your max amount of actions (mind logic). So instead of clicking 1 log 4 times, you'll only have to press once and it'll queue up 4 actions on that single log.

I could be wrong tho, we'll need devs to make it crystal clear :D

Ah ha, then yes that could be usefull! Hopefully a dev type can clarify :)

cant wait to be able to pick up lrg chests and lrg barrels, life will be so much more organized :P

I wish to see the new Crafting interfence, but wouldn't be nice if you should all time type, Blacksmithing / Horse shoes, would be nice if it would save as history

Please dont use Lawns yet, they will give the 'null' error in console, until the client is updated.

Any eta on when that will happen? (also where are the braziers?) :D

And nice work! Can't wait to get the crafting system ingame :D

These are some great improvements for the game, cant wait to see the new crafting in action. The load function and crafting has been my two biggest complaints in all these years Ive been playing, so glad to seem them worked on, and looking forward to more improvements in the future.

you mean I can have nice short grass on my lawn and keep the wild stuff that's out in the wild?

YES!

Crafting sounds great. No change on the gameplay but just a nicer way of making things happen. Awesome.

And lawns! Woot! Great surprise.

I liked the old palisade gates better, it would be good if we could be able to choose between them both, but these new ones really destroyed the look of our settlement.  

• Like 4

Who do I have to pay / bribe to keep these in the game permanently - they are awesome.....I want an entire forest of them, just randomly roaming around the countryside eating unwary passerby's. Make great guards as well. I led this one around and the animation is fantastic.

TmsTvzL.jpg

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 4

+1

Can also add bookmark recipe for like 1-10 items... say I bookmarked create string, when I click the bookmark icon of string, it automatically search my inventory for a spindle and cotton then put it on the crafting menu. After that I just need to do another click to craft it :)