Sign in to follow this  
Nacka

Topographical Map

Has anyone ever made one? A map that shows no deed names or anything like that, just the topography, with elevation lines and all. Also on the same note, has anyone ever made a sea chart? 

Well, yes and no.. here is an example of what i am sorta talking about

tandr.jpg

Minus the contour lines, the map dump kinda shows that. It would be difficult to make an accurate map.. or rather, difficult to make an up-to-date map, since players are changing the terrain constantly. Same kinda applies to the water charts.

Are you thinking to make one?

Minus the contour lines, the map dump kinda shows that. It would be difficult to make an accurate map.. or rather, difficult to make an up-to-date map, since players are changing the terrain constantly. Same kinda applies to the water charts.

Are you thinking to make one

I would absolutely love to make one but i have no clue where to start. I also do not have any programs to do so. Any program suggestions?

Man, if you could even gather that data. It took me days to map the elevation of my old deed. Maybe 5 days in total? Shovel in hand, climbing mode active, every damn corner.

+1 for you if you ever set out on this endeavor, you've got at least free meals wherever I may be. lol.

Yeah there isn't a debug mode that shows height above sea level, so it'd have to be done manually as Makarus suggests, which would take forever even as a community project.

If you wanted approximations that might be easier. Would you draw those on top of the map dump, or make a new map? Cos the map dump is sort of 3D-ified but not how you'd want.

you'd need a direct top down map, not what we use, which is at an angle.

What it looks like is Rolf takes flight, goes way up and snaps a pic. lol.

if that's the case he'd need to stand directly above every tile for accuracy.