Sign in to follow this  
hoof2000

Wild Animals Breeding Bug?

okay, i have done some testing over the last 2 months with breeding wild horses, bisons and dogs. all breeding was done on deed. the animal ration is perfect. groomed at least ones a day and my ah is 55. on my regular horse farm i get solid 5 speeds all day long. may be 1 out of 100 has a bad trait even less, but with the wild animals i get some shtty traits all day long one after another. i wouldn't even call them dog food anymore. that bad they are. malformed, feeble, illness and all the other bad traits which are out there. rarely there will have one okay trait. for me it seems like the game handles wild animals as if they were related to each other. i don't even get that many bad traits when i do some intentional inbreeding with brother and sister. anybody else has some long term experience on that matter? It can't be just bad luck over 2 months now.

Considering the wild animals have no traits, when you breed them all traits (good and bad) are in the same % chance of appearing.. you just on row of badluck.

• Like 1

IF your breeding stock has genesis cast on them at some point, the bad traits are less likely to appear on offpsring again.

yeah, i know about the fo priest thingie. but that is not the point. the point is 2 months of breeding and only bad traits. for horses, bisons and dogs. this cant just be bad luck.

I've always ran into this problem.  You have to breed a lot of them, and concentrate on eliminating 1 bad trait from the herd at a time.  It can take a very long time, but you gradually get down to 0 bad traits in the herd.

yeah, i know about the fo priest thingie. but that is not the point. the point is 2 months of breeding and only bad traits. for horses, bisons and dogs. this cant just be bad luck.

That is how it works. You won't get consistently good horses until after like the 5th generation, it is even harder for hell horses.

i think the best way to start a breeding stock from scratch without a fo priest is to do it together with the animal husbandry skill, first get a few horses with only good traits, then grind more ah to get another trait , change the breding stock again and grind some more.. still takes long time, but if u feeling lucky u can make it like 2-4 and 5 .

starting with 50 animal husbandry increases the chance u will get a bad trait.

is preety much like playing the lottery, u get 50 % to be good trait when u can do just 1 trait from wild horses, 25% that u will get a 2 good traited horse from wild horses, and about 12% that u get a clean 3 trait from wild horses.

don't know if u can get 5 traits from wild horses, but that will preety much make it imposible to get it clean.

so only breeding with clean horses means u will only get roll for the traits added, the traits that horses already have are preety much passed on.

I recently saw 3 foals born from wild horses, all three of them were entirely free from bad traits. You've just had an unlucky dice roll.

Aye its a generation thing in addition to pure dumb luck. The first generation (bred from wild animals) will tend to be crappy even with decent AH. Suceeding generations will be better, assuming inbreeding is accounted for.

Edited by Klaa