Sign in to follow this  
viruskiller

Eagle Spirits

can the devs disable the eagle spirit ability to throw ppl off boats untill the teleporting bug gets fixed?

just died on blh because of this bug, got thrown of boat once and couldn't embark anymore, every time i embarked i was kiked again, checked the logs and no throw messages after the first one.

• Like 1

M-muh bugs!

edit: nice loot by the way

Edited by boku

also one thing i don't get , if we go to epic for pvp why do we get involved into pve?, i mean why should we have to fight the op'd nogumps, drake spirits, eagle spirits and so on...

also more anoying is when enemy players take advantage of situations like that:/

Edited by viruskiller
  • Like 1

also one thing i don't get , if we go to epic for pvp why do we get involved into pve?, i mean why should we have to fight the op'd nogumps, drake spirits, eagle spirits and so on...

also more anoying is when enemy players take advantage of situations like that:/

Because uhm....you chose EPIC.......not chaos.

Chaos sounds boring to me and I'd never try it, but I may one day try Epic not so much for the pvp, but for everything else it has (including the awesome possibly destroy-my-own-deed events)

Im afraid that in your case, eagle spirits had nothing to do with the problem.

You sailed to far into the server corner, and hit the east border instead of the north border.

And yes that causes you to constantly dismount if you keep trying to sail east.

I had no problem retrieving your boat after turning it and sailing the other way, and then crossing a few tiles to the north.

Because uhm....you chose EPIC.......not chaos.

Chaos sounds boring to me and I'd never try it, but I may one day try Epic not so much for the pvp, but for everything else it has (including the awesome possibly destroy-my-own-deed events)

Chaos has them too, do your homework^^

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

i had spider island to the south, i couldn't be that close to east border  where i was.

anyway if that;s the case then they should make it so u don't get thrown of boat when hititng a border u can;t cross, eagle spirits tend to hug the borders too much, it gets crazy sometimes, few days ago when  i did the trip the other way i saw like 10 of them in a group on blh at the border near north west corner, strange tough i could outrun them then , but not this time:/

Chaos has them too, do your homework^^

Don't have to, have no wants to play chaos :D

Either way, moaning about Pve creatures on a pvp server.......really? I could understand in a few instances....

Because every game with PvP in it had no PvE element thrown in...

Don't have to, have no wants to play chaos :D

Either way, moaning about Pve creatures on a pvp server.......really? I could understand in a few instances....

have u ever faced one of those creatures? a champ son of nogump that runs faster than any geared horse , that can 1 hit your horse and 2 hit u? have u faced the eagle spirits that throw u off boat? if u haven't then u should have no word in this.

i'm fine with pve on pvp servers but up to a point, if anything any new mobs should be kept under the unique mobs strength/ability's  right now an eagle spirit does exactly the same as a green dragon against a single player, the only difference is in a group the eagle dies faster. 

the nogumps are totaly broken, there's no other creature doing that much damage per hit, again being caught solo against one is suicide.

what is even worse is that u can;t avoid this creatures, like if they in an olive forest u're gona stumble up on him and u gona die sooner or later.

same goes for eagle spirits, they throw u off boat and u are chased by enemy. that's certain death, turning away from the eagle spirit might give the enemy a chance to catch up, so this pve certainly messes up with pvp.

You need a minimun of survival skill to avoid them, and be safe from them.

But thats a skill the player himself must develop, not his character. So if you can't learn to survive, I would suggest you to learn from another player or go to Freedom.

I mean, if you can't even survive Valreis how do you expect to survive PvP?

Plus Valreis spawns drop nice things, you need something to balance it.

You need a minimun of survival skill to avoid them, and be safe from them.

Have you actually encountered them?

I was with a friend just outside deed a week or so ago and we had 7 Drakespirits spawn in a 20 tile scatter all around us.  My friend died almost immediately and I only escaped because they got the aggro.

Skill has nothing to do with it, its pure luck whether you get ganked by Valrei spawns.

Have you actually encountered them?

I was with a friend just outside deed a week or so ago and we had 7 Drakespirits spawn in a 20 tile scatter all around us.  My friend died almost immediately and I only escaped because they got the aggro.

Skill has nothing to do with it, its pure luck whether you get ganked by Valrei spawns.

I had live in a place were spawns of Drakespirits and Eaglespirits were the 60% of the time, and I've been in posession of more than 20 valrei drops thanks to that.

Learn to survive them.

And yes I think that their spawn system has a tendecy to aim at players, but ###### happens, deal with it.

but ###### happens, deal with it.

We dealt with it thankyou very much for the condecension.

Doesn't change the fact they are badly implemented and overpowered.

We dealt with it thankyou very much for the condecension.

You are welcome. :lol:

i think drakespirits should be nerfed

i had about 20 of them spawn on my deed and i proceeded to get instantaneously 45 second stunned and two-shot through 90ql plate, they then proceeded to scatter ONLY on my deed and chase after my alt at which point i lose several points of fightskill from 90 luring them off deed and dying repeatedly..

I would honestly rather have a dragon spawn on my deed because dragons don't run through walls and they dont 2shot me as often.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

The only problem I have with valerie spawns is there ability to toss you thru the air which for whatever reason will nearly always land you behind a locked high QL wall you then have to suicide out of, and then bash down to get your gear 3 hours latter.....  If they removed there ability to toss you around like a rag doll I would be fine with them....