Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyOmm55

Rod Of Eruption - Epic

- Couldn't post under CyberHusky's original thread & Don't mind the horrible video quality =\

- R.I.P. Mojo, haha

Some Info

- Can't be planted within a settlement

- Can't be planted with enemy influence area

- Chat states that it takes "30 Minutes"(Wurm) after planting to cave in

[2013-10-29] [02:35:45] The rod of eruption starts to emanate a weird worrying sound.

[2013-10-29] [02:36:32] The rod of eruption starts to pulsate with a bright light, drawing from the ground.

[2013-10-29] [02:36:57] The ground around rod of eruption is shivering and heaving! Something big is going to happen here soon! You have to get far away!

[2013-10-29] [02:37:17] Rod of eruption is now completely covered in cracks. run!

-Examine: "A thick red rod carved from an unusual stone material. A symbol of a volcano is inlaid on the end that doesn't go into the ground. Should probably be planted with extreme care."

>http://youtu.be/4ZtXYRNVQu4

Edited by JohnnyOmm55
  • Like 9

Wow. one more reason to be glad, not to play actively on Epic.

This thing... is just a tiny bit overpowered and a real griefing instrument in the hands of players. lol

• Like 7

Wow. one more reason to be glad, not to play actively on Epic.

This thing... is just a tiny bit overpowered and a real griefing instrument in the hands of players. lol

Can't be used near enemy deeds

• Like 1

Still, most of map will be scorched sooner or later if this is in wrong hands. Great deal of damage.

What I i see more usable would be a barrel that refil 1kg of water per minute called "The Spring of Led" :P

Can't be used near enemy deeds

Okay, well then it is not as bad as I thought it would be.

But still, like Vean mentions, it does a great deal of damage to the landscape.. And you wont ever find enough dirt to fill such a hole. Unless you maybe get 30 fo priests spamming the dirt spell for a year.

However, I am pretty sure it can still be used to harm your enemies, depending on how far away of a deed it can be used and how often you can use it (I've no idea of these mechanics). Like, entranch them in such craters... kill valleys that are used to travel through, etc. etc.

It's gonna be interesting to see what comes from this and what other weird rods there are.

So don't get me wrong, I am anxious to see more of these videos.... but I am sooo damn glad I dont play on that server. lol

• Like 2

Yep, keep on giving the community more reason not to play on epic. Whether it can used near enemy deeds or not it can cause an enormous amount of damage that shouldnt be able to be created.

• Like 1

Yep, keep on giving the community more reason not to play on epic. Whether it can used near enemy deeds or not it can cause an enormous amount of damage that shouldnt be able to be created.

remember

certain people consider things like this that are completely irrepairable "epic"

imo its retarded.

• Like 1

lol why does that even exist?

cool anyway :) as long as this is the first and last one.

Ruining the server, one scenario and "epic" item at a time.

My initial understanding of the Epic servers was that these things are meant to change the landscape, but not by just trashing it.

I.e, instead of making a giant unusable spike, it should create a natural hill or mountain. Or instead of a pit with 2000 slope edges and lava at the bottom, it should create a natural looking ravine, which people can actually go down.

• Like 6

I was going to post earlier not to give you one of these.... Fo knows you'd find a way to use it ^_^

Theres at least one more rewarded from the most recent scenario

Theres at least one more rewarded from the most recent scenario

Yes, you're talking about the Wand of Seas

Yes, you're talking about the Wand of Seas

No, i was talking about the other rod of eruption that was awarded at the end of the last scenario

MR, ruinin Epic since Day 1

Come join our ranks today!

• Like 1

This item has a small chance of being given at the end of a scenario. That's like... once per 1-2 months and then it's unlikely you will get the rod of eruption out of all the items.

Mr got unlucky and got the rod... twice in a row (though I think the first or second time it was given to an enemy alt, but I am not sure). I doubt you will see these volcanos appear more than a few times in a year. You can't even use them near your enemies and the potential to grief is really really low.

People seem to be making a fuss out of nothing. Nobody even likes getting this rod because it's so useless, everyone would prefer something more useful like a tome.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 29, 2013 - under review
Hidden by Jberg, October 29, 2013 - under review

remember

certain people consider things like this that are completely irrepairable "epic"

imo its retarded.

Alot of people think you are retarded but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Make Volcano, check.

Make 6 more in a circle, work in progress.

Add bridges to the game, work in progress.

Make deed in the middle, not in progress.

Have the Ultimate deed on epic, 10% complete.

^_^

• Like 1

colossi wont take damage from lava

I climbed down in there to check, it is taking damage and likely wont last another day

• Like 2