Sign in to follow this  
Battlepaw

Recruitment Ticket System

Suppose we had a recruitment ticket system that worked along similar lines to the support ticket system, except then the person wanting a village sends the ticket he can select what server or servers he wants to live on.   

The details will be very similar.  Mayors can respond to the tickets via PM and talk to prospective recruits.    The end of the tutorial should explain the system and recommend that the new players join a good village.    

The recruitment ticket system can be moderated by CMs to prevent abuse.    I think that such a system will work better than just global, that way people looking for villages on the PvP servers can also help out confused noobs who don't understand Epic or Chaos.    

This idea is very rough and I was thinking some of you could offer suggestions to streamline it.   

• Like 1

I'm not asking for a starter zone, what I'm asking if you look at the post is a better, more organized way of recruiting people into villages.  

The support ticket as a basis for the system, but you could add all kinds of features, such as the mayors being able to tell if the player is online, and offline message responses.    

I understand the forums are fine for recruiting, and even have the same features, what I'm looking for is an in-game system to help compliment this.     

i think they are already working on something with the same goal this has,i read it will go live when the ingame maps do

Either way an in game method of connecting Villages looking for new residents with both new players looking to settle down and someone to ask questions of as well as older players looking to shake things up and would like to join an existing village rather then starting another one on their own or in addition to what they already may have done. Social engagement is the single best tool to hook new players onto wurm before the realities of starting wurm alone and unawares runs them off the game as is the case for most potential new revenue sources (players).