• Sleep bonus lock
    • Slower Movement Speed
    • Slower Stamina Regen
    • Action inductions take a slight bit longer
    • Farm growth increase.
    • "Thirst" goes down slightly slower.
    • Do not add anything.

Hello there Wurmians :)

First off, I would like to say that many may frown upon this idea because it may make things a little harder in some situations.  Although, hear me out.

Weather is one thing about Wurm that really stands out to me, it's randomness with some predictability while looking at the clouds makes it very dynamic and interesting to watch.

Although, other then cosmetic value and sailing.  Weather does not really affect much else.

My idea is pretty much to give weather more of an effect on the player's Avatar.

I had a few ideas related to something like this; Anything such as locking 2 hours of sleep bonus while outdoors (During a storm), or a slightly higher chance of contracting a disease while outside in a storm.  Anything that will encourage players to seek/build shelter during a storm of some sort.

I would not go so far to say that these effects would be instant.  Perhaps a specific amount of time outside while it is raining will begin to cause these effects.  Any idea that makes weather actually alter the way we play the game, not enough to be a dramatic change, but something that could affect the way Wurmians live their lives.

As I said, this is merely an idea I would like to discuss.

ADDITIONAL IDEAS:

1. Fur coats to protect from any weather affects.
  2. Slower stamina regain during bad weather.
  3. Speeds up farm growth slightly.
  4. Action induction takes a bit longer in the rain
  5. "Thirst" bar slows down decay rate.

Feel free to provide more ideas if you have any!

Thanks,

~Necrorave

Edited by Necrorave
  • Like 1

we need to be able to make better cloths first then so we can keep us warm :)

*think of all fur in bsb *

• Like 1

we need to be able to make better cloths first then so we can keep us warm :)

*think of all fur in bsb *

A Fur coat that would protect us from the effects of weather perhaps?  Could be a cool little addition.

Make it weigh a bit much so people do not wear it all the time.  (You wouldn't wear a jacket all year round)

Edited by Necrorave

+1 to give weather conditions bigger affect in our wurmlifestyles :P

I also love to just watch the clouds in gale while i flatten my land.

Actually this doesn't seem like it would do much harm, new players might be a little worried about it (since shelter for them is a bit harder) but honestly it would add to the immersion.  I'd even go so far as to say light bruises can be caused by flying debris in heavy storms, maybe a slight raising in water level till the storm is over.

Something this suggestion hasn't really considered is potential positive effects.  Things such as increased fertility, desert blooms, putting out those damn lava spiders XD

• Like 1

I'm not necessarily adverse to the idea of weather effecting gameplay to this degree, but please don't add 'disease' for certain weather effects.  Cold and rain do NOT cause illness.  This is a horrible misconception. Bacteria, fungus, parasites and viruses cause illness, NOT weather.

Although things that would actually make sense are movement penalties in the cold and wet as the conditions slow you down. Perhaps fatigue doesn't regain properly when on a tile that has snow.

In general this is an interesting idea and gets my +1

WIth the addition of a high/fast decay "Noob" mudhut or lean too I think it would balance out for them.

Maybe something that works with an exposure timer. When you are not indoors with a fire or at a campsite with a campfire. Then the timer starts with increasing reprecussions based on what you have equiped/Body Stamina/ETC and how long you are exposed to the elements.

I would also like to see the spawning of new monsters that only come out in bad weather and/or at night.

"Cough" how about when it rains silakka's dirt starts flowing down!

OT: sounds like a decent idea, but you don't get sick from the cold or rain, so a disease wouldn't make any sense. I could see slower movement speed, but for the love of Fo, do not reduce stamina regen (don't need to make anything slower then it already is in that aspect)

If this game ever went 3D, I could see a LOT of uses for weather...

Bump for a poll.

Please share anymore ideas you may have and I shall add it to my OP and the poll!

:)

Sorry, but this just sounds like a lot of annoyances to me, so I'll -1.

Sorry, but this just sounds like a lot of annoyances to me, so I'll -1.

Fair opinion, I have nothing against it.  

Although, voting against some features or advancements in something just because you do not like it is not a very reasonable argument by itself.

I am merely trying to add immersion to the game in the weather.  This topic is open for any "Positive" ideas you may have to offer with weather.

This is merely an discussion for ideas in weather effects.  I have my opinions of what 'I' think should be in place of course, but this is mostly a discussion.

EDIT: The whole "Fur coat" idea that was presented would be a simple "Fix" to these annoyances.  So they are not unavoidable either.  I feel it would just create more uses for a couple items and some immersion to the Wurm world.

Edited by Necrorave