Sign in to follow this  
lostwaysider

Floor Boards

Ok so the update says current floor boards will look weird, if by weird you mean completely gone then yes i agree, all the tared floor boards i had on deed are now gone. they were built at different times, but once i logged in after this update every single one is gone. just though i would share this. not sure if i am the only one.

i got 100floor boards on deed [didnt use tar] and all are normal.

just wait for the update

they are aware of this bug, it's inteded

they'll be back with the next client update

Just how long is that going to be?

I figured next time we went down for sys maintenance, we'd have the 5 hrs SB and our floorboards back. I got my SB, but no floorboards. If it's going to be a couple-few weeks before you guys flip the lightswitch back on, I think I'd rather just go ahead and redo all of my boards. 

You have a mightily large amount of time on your hands mate.

I was wondering that too though, I had heard that it was today, I'm not mad or anything as the only Floor Boards  I have are on my Exodus deed, I am just.

Edited by Shrimpiie

Yes. Thought we were getting them back.  And what in the name of all the gods could they possibly have been mucking with that made the boards go away in the first place. I didn't see anything in the information given to us that seems remotely related to floorboards. A little info would be really nice.   Not a happy camper here.  My deed looks like a disaster area and movement speed is same as cultivated dirt.

You have a mightily large amount of time on your hands mate.

Spent a few hours, cut a little over 800 planks and layed 40 boards. Half of my town is back to looking (and functioning) normal.

The sad thing is, I was quicker at solving the problem for myself (the hard way) than the semi-paid development team was...

• Like 1

I cannot give an ETA, but it will still be quite a while before the client update; the next client is just not done yet. 

This was triggered by some changes made to support a different graphic for tarred floorboards. That these changes also required a client update was an oversight, it wasn't supposed to be noticeable until the graphics were updated.

• Like 1

I cannot give an ETA, but it will still be quite a while before the client update; the next client is just not done yet. 

This was triggered by some changes made to support a different graphic for tarred floorboards. That these changes also required a client update was an oversight, it wasn't supposed to be noticeable until the graphics were updated.

Ok, I appreciate the update on things, thank you.

Thank you so much for giving us the info on this.  Honestly, lifting the usual, maddeningly frustrating veil of secrecy goes a long way towards making a bitter pill a little easier to swallow with things like this.  Hope to see it more often. 

Seems something went really wrong somewhere.

Those floorboards aren't just displaying the wrong graphics or something, they seem to be gone entirely and replaced with dirt..

If you right click and examine that 'dirt' tile, it should give you the tarred floorboard message if you haven't altered the tile.