Sign in to follow this  
Kerwal

Worn Equpiment Encumbers Less Than Carried.

Hello,

I propose the Idea that your worn equpiment Encumbers (counts against your weigt limit) you less than carried equpiment.

(Distributed weight is actually easier to carry)

When you wear items (armor, backpacks, etc) I bring to the table that they only count as weighing 75% of their weight when

Calculating your carrying capacity and movment reduction steps.

This would include Backpacks worn on your back.

EG:  a chain jacket in your inventory is 2.20kg.  But if you put it on and wear it, it will count as weighing 1.65kg (75%).  You will still receive the normal chain armor movement penalty.

Another example

A back pack weighing 50kg in inventory.  Wear it on your back now it counts against your carried weight as 37.5kg

So say you can carry 150kg total. if you wear your backpack you can now carry an additional 12.5kg then if you had it in your inventory.

Edited by Kerwal

It makes sense.

Maybe QL of backpack decrease the weight of the items inside it for speed penality(I don't mean weight limit)?

That would give some extrawork to leatherworkers.

Here have my +1

I don't think wearing a backpack has an intrinsic starting speed reduction like armor does.  Maybe QL of backpack due to fit etc. actually calculates weight mitigation % up to say 65% at 100ql and 75% being the 70ql mark?

It's not just about weight carried, it's about encumberance.  Firefighters can carry their suits in their arms quite easily and run... however putting their suits on and running is entirely different.  An inmate could carry his ball and chain, walking around the prison relatively easy enough... but dragging it on the ground attached to his ankle would encumber him greatly.

Collectively speed is not really impacted much.  Distributed amongst various body parts it's more greatly impacted.

Edited by Nomadikhan

seems like that wouldnt make much for a diference except for new players(player with very low body str) and even then gaining 2 body str point would make the same diference or even more,so im not really against it,but not worth the time to do it in my opinion.

i thought it was already, i carry a full plate set in my back pack and move at 17 no problem

-1 to reducing armour weight in any way for now, it seems to be "perfect" where it is. Raise your skills a bit and you won't even notice it :P

• Like 1

I'd rather see a set of armour skills that reduce the weight of worn armour....

There should be some adjustments done for light armor like leather and cloth.  Since they are very light and protect you from rocks, sticks, and thorns, you should actually move faster dressed than naked.  Only the heavier armors should start slowing you down due to the weight, even though they protect from rocks, etc. too.

Backpack/satchel yes, armor no.

Gives people an actual reason to wear them.

Give the backpack a bigger % reduction than the satchel, but give a pretty decent reduction to both.