Sign in to follow this  
Kamikazifly

Catapult Displays It Is Fired, When Priest Is Too Weak To Fire Catapult, Nothing Happens -But Priest Still Loses -0.1 Faith.

Catapult displays it is fired, when priest is too weak to fire catapult, nothing happens -but priest still loses -0.1 faith.

I had my main character load and winch the catapult, then had my weak priest premium alt fire the catapult.

The weak alt can fire it many times, but the ammo is never used, and no skills are gained nor unlocked.

I was trying to unlock the warmachine and catapult skills, as a last chance to find the alt's affinity.

I would think that since the priest gains no skill, and the catapult is actually not fired, that the priest would not lose faith.

So... there are several bugs:

1. Priest loses faith when they don't actually preform the action. They gain no skill either.

2. The animated action sounds and looks as if the catapult is firing, does not launch the ammo, and this msg is displayed: "[11:19:34] You are too weak to handle the heavy small catapult." And the catapult is still ready to fire.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use main char to load and winch catapult.

2. Use priest of 31 faith to fire. Be sure to go "unfaithful".

3. Note that no skills are gained, but faith is lost.

Same thing happens hitting any bind of an action you arnt allowed to do as a priest with faithful disabled, even if you dont have the right tool activated. Its sorta just the way things are