Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 43

LSSN_W43_2.jpg

Hello again Fellow Wurmians!

It is that time of the week, so let us share some news shall we?

This week I want to indulge you in looking into some of the fixes and changes constantly going on in the background of Wurm development.

These things might not always be very visual but for those specific instances, they are quite crucial.

Fixes & Changes

*An update to the way crushing and picking seeds works, so now it should not exceed the 100 limit.

*Fix for selling rare items and occupied containers, where previously a container would dump its contents in your inventory.

*King aspirations was changed to be made possible more often.

*A fix for replying to whosonline.

*And lastly a fix so that the message you get when a friend logs in, says what server.

Update on last weeks news.

The Load Action is now active on the test server and we are testing and adding functionality as we are going along.

It is mostly about finding the potential bugs with implementing it at this point but items and permissions for these are constantly being added for compatibility.

Creation window is also similarly being developed and tested.

Our art director has also gotten involved at this point to look over the process so that the code will fit the type of graphical and hierarchical implementation intended.

The name change poll, which had a great participation and lively debate ended up stopping the implementation of player name change.

At least without a revisit to address the issue many people voting against had. Transparency of name history.

So when we have some more news on the matter I will certainly let you know.

Forum Moderation

Lastly I would like to add on a personal note that my tasks with looking over Forum Moderation, setting in motion new guidelines and code of conduct is formally done.

I will now be acting more as the FM teams support from staff and looking into their best of interests.

So I will be leaving the role of Lead Forum Moderator into Jbergs capable hands.

You shall see him proudly wearing the tag shortly!

I will now be able to focus my full attention on PR, video/graphics production and development once more.

That is all for now,

so you know what to do? Keep on Wurming!

• Like 16

I guess the kings aspirations is a pvp thing? I looked on the wiki and nothing come up under aspirations.

Good work Johan. You are doing great keeping all of us informed. Thx!

Thx for the wurm team and Johan for doing these post. It's awesome to see what's going on behind the curtains!!

It just saddens me that we can't test the load function on the test server since we can't get 23 BS on there without having a GM next to us :( would love to test it and give feedback on it!!!

I guess the kings aspirations is a pvp thing? I looked on the wiki and nothing come up under aspirations.

think what it means is that the cooldown for trying for king on Epic (and HoTS on chaos i assume) has been shortened, previously it was like a week/server reset, if so it would be nice to have a specific timer on how often you can try 

Loven the weekly updates. Often it seems Wurm isn't doing any development. That's is never the case but what we see is what we think is happening.

"*An update to the way crushing and picking seeds works, so now it should not exceed the 100 limit."....DUMB! That hundreds item limit is one of the worst mechanics in Wurm. I constantly farm thousands of wemp.I know for a fact the client can work with combined bundles very easily. You can deposit like 5k wemp fiber into a bin in one drag from cart to bin. The need to limit stems from a inefficiency of individual items being communicated between server and client. Why couldn't we just work with combined items? As an example, I can carry ~300kg so that's 428 wemp plants. I should be able to in one action crush a single bundle into a single bundle of seeds in another action deposit that single bundle into a bin. That is considerably more efficient! Further, if the sow action consumed 0.018 L volume you could sow seeds with a few combined bundles.

I will be honest, I think this load action is a bit over the top. Meaning, it's too complicated for what you're actually setting out to do.

Just get it over and done with: Allow players to pick up finished items that they have the body strength for. A large chest is 32.30 kgs in complete state. A forge is 187 kgs, A bed is 40 kgs... if the player is capable of carrying that weight at the given time, let them pick the item up.

If you must, reduce some of the finished weight of the items, as you guys did with bsbs.

• Like 1

Wurm Forum Moderators: To Serve and Protect

KdWqdZt.gif

• Like 7

Guys from IT... i had a good idea...if is possible, i dont know if its great or not but i want to try ...can you add  a new feature for f2p a option to drive a small cart with a bull or one mule,becoz we dont have any option to get a drive a cart,this way its equal with premium but limited with the cargo,im a trader that make bricks,mortar, i dig dirt and its been dificult for us :(( ...we getting very hard an impossible  to transport things to a region to another,i left you here this post becoz i dont see any suggestion topic,hope that you guys can make the life for f2p easier,thx for your time,cybrax.

Guys from IT... i had a good idea...if is possible, i dont know if its great or not but i want to try ...can you add  a new feature for f2p a option to drive a small cart with a bull or one mule,becoz we dont have any option to get a drive a cart,this way its equal with premium but limited with the cargo,im a trader that make bricks,mortar, i dig dirt and its been dificult for us :(( ...we getting very hard an impossible  to transport things to a region to another,i left you here this post becoz i dont see any suggestion topic,hope that you guys can make the life for f2p easier,thx for your time,cybrax.

Not needed.

• Like 1

Why was the King aspiration changed to be soo short? Not necessary at all, you took it from what, one month to a day?! At least make it a week.

F2P already got the large cart to use and F2P shouldnt be equal to prem players, then there is no need for them to get prem

my suggestion is that you tell you cant deliver or hire anyone that would do the delivery for you, like ppl with no big boat does.

your first premium after you got the 10 silver will give you most of the money back.

You can sell your referal for 6 silver and i think ( long time since i done it ) you also get 2 silver back when going prem so the first time it will cost you 2 silver only

wish you and other F2P GL to work together your first 10 silver

• Like 1

*Fix for selling rare items and occupied containers, where previously a container would dump its contents in your inventory.

The Load Action is now active on the test server and we are testing and adding functionality as we are going along.

It is mostly about finding the potential bugs with implementing it at this point but items and permissions for these are constantly being added for compatibility.

So I will be leaving the role of Lead Forum Moderator into Jbergs capable hands.

You shall see him proudly wearing the tag shortly!

Im sorry but I dont understand what this mean, could you maybe explaing it for me

The load action...have you already made so we able to take 100 items from ground direct to bsb ?

or it is old and havnt notice it before ?

or I just found a bug?

if its implemented big ty keep up that good work :)

my right hand will love it :)

Lead Forum Moderator into Jbergs capable hands

Big Gratz Jb :)

Im sure you will do a great work .)

The load action...have you already made so we able to take 100 items from ground direct to bsb ?

or it is old and havnt notice it before ?

You just haven't noticed. From ground (or cart) to bsb has been working for a long time.

the other way, from bsb to cart (or ground) is the one that's missing.

• Like 1

You just haven't noticed. From ground (or cart) to bsb has been working for a long time.

the other way, from bsb to cart (or ground) is the one that's missing.

from cart to bsb/fsb i knew but from ground not.... so ty

I might discover other stuff I havnt used for long then :)

from bsb/fsb to cart/ ship I wait urgently :) (is that even a word ? )

nice to see wurm geting better  :D   but still time must come closer for bridges :D

Why was the King aspiration changed to be soo short? Not necessary at all, you took it from what, one month to a day?! At least make it a week.

It was a week or it reset after a server restart.

Im not sure this will change anything, the "powers that be" tend to hog and blockade the king aspiration item until they get one of their chosen in anyway, this just makes it easier for them.

I remember a big uproar when the king cobra was commandeered by one player so I'm not sure why that has never been addressed.

Should make it so you cannot build walls or buildings within 50 tiles of the item to make it fair for all. Thats the real problem with the kingdom items...

Im sorry but I dont understand what this mean, could you maybe explaing it for me

I assume you can't sell activated rare items or full containers to a token/trader anymore (the new Sell function).

• Like 1

I assume you can't sell activated rare items or full containers to a token/trader anymore (the new Sell function).

ahh big ty :)  now it make sence for me too :))

It was a week or it reset after a server restart.

Im not sure this will change anything, the "powers that be" tend to hog and blockade the king aspiration item until they get one of their chosen in anyway, this just makes it easier for them.

I remember a big uproar when the king cobra was commandeered by one player so I'm not sure why that has never been addressed.

Should make it so you cannot build walls or buildings within 50 tiles of the item to make it fair for all. Thats the real problem with the kingdom items...

I agree but at the same time there should be a req on how long you have been a part of said kingdom and possibly if you belong to a deed within an alliance in said kingdom. Seeing as if it were open to everyone certain types from enemy kingdoms would make alts, prem them, and try to commandeer an entire kingdom, and the challenge system doesn't work properly so there would be almost no way to get him to abdicate without waiting 3 months.