Sign in to follow this  
Romally

(Modify Mechanics) Deed - No Side 4X Larger Than The Other.

Remove the restriction where one side cannot be 4x larger than any other side. Instead, double the purchase costs of those tiles beyond that point.

No, the restriction is there for a reason. -1 to giving more power to the rich.

I am not trying to be confrontational here, but could you provide a source, if there is one, where it is explains the reasoning behind this please? I am curious.

didnt know there was a restriction

and im very happy to know that there is one.

-1 to removing.

didnt know there was a restriction

and im very happy to know that there is one.

-1 to removing.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you argue your position a little more?

because with 4 deeds you'd be able to block off larger chunks of land for equal or lesser cost.

Think longhouses. Only longer. And as deed. Annoying as hell.

So... no.

What do you think could be put in place to prevent longhouses, other than restricting size by 4x one side?

Because someone will make a 5 x infinity deed and split an island down the middle. I already see large chunks of land being blocked off by enormous amounts of gatehouses and fences. Being able to do it with a deed will just make it worse. Restrictions to size allow more people to have land and keep even the richest among us from buying a whole server.

I can see why we have this restriction but the players that want this are really only looking at a 2-4 tile disparity

Nothing personal but you made me chuckle with the power to the rich comment, because the poor and destitute will fund this game dev. :rolleyes:  ;)  :P

What do you think could be put in place to prevent longhouses, other than restricting size by 4x one side?

The ratio is the easiest and provides most player options, but there could be cost increases per tile (which feeds back into the "giving more power to the rich"), or max size/predefined sizes.  Or introduce in-game items that need to be crafted/purchased/rewarded to increase a deed's territory.

Just a few ideas of the top of my head.  Doesn't mean I'd like to see them added though lol

Remove the restriction where one side cannot be 4x larger than any other side. Instead, double the purchase costs of those tiles beyond that point.

Instead of doubling the cost increase the pay as if the ratio were being maintained. So if you make a 111x11 deed it'd charge you for 111x29 tiles. That way you can have awkward shaped deeds if you really want, but there's no cash benefit to doing so to block off huge chunks of land because the purchaser still pays the full price of maintaining the ratio even if they don't claim all the land inside the deed.

I honestly do not see a point to doing this. I view it as a function that was added for a purpose, and I feel it is obviously a very meaningful purpose, or it would not have been created i the first place. So without confirmation as to why it is there to begin with, I can not decide whether I personally feel that it is not needed anymore, in order to agree to this suggestion. I hope that gives you the clarification you desire as to why I would down vote this idea.

Edited by Shrimpiie