Sign in to follow this  
Jerrywalker

High Rope Fence Repairing

Wiki says that when repairing high rope fence each plank will repair 40% of damage but in real it's only 10%. This way more easy to wait till fence fully decay and rebuild it than spend up to 10 planks for each section of fence. Please fix it.

By the way - repairing rope fences raises not repair skill but carpentry (not sure if it's a bug or feature)

P.P.S. You can improve even damaged fences with lower quality planks

Edited by Jerrywalker

Well since it does not seem to be a bug, then the Wiki needs to be updated to reflect this, and if it is something you are proposing then it would be best to make a thread about it within the suggestions section. However the next two seem to be bugs, so those would be valid here.

Edited by Shrimpiie

i doesn't think that it's working right because with current ammount of materials for repairing using rope fences just uneffective. Fence mustn't use for repair more mats than to build new

• Like 1

Well, if that is all, it just being ineffective, then I would doubt it is a bug unfortunately. Also, repairing a low stone wall repairs 10 damage per shard, so I don't see what is different about this fence.

Stone wall requires more mats to build than wooden/rope fence so it must require more to repair. Also it's more resistant to bashing

Any non dev should not be jumping in and saying its not a bug, none of us have any idea what is intended.

It works the same as any other fence, thats not a bug. And the wiki is player made, if it's wrong, fix it.

For all you know they are all bugged. lol. Nothing is dev documented as such you cant say if it is a bug or not my friend.

Only a dev should be saying that.

Look, based on that logic then I can question any aspect of the game that it is bugged. The reason I am saying it doesn't sound like a bug is because it seems he is basing it off of the Wiki, which is player edited, and logic, which is weak in many aspects of the game. So saying it is logical to have it this way, and if it is not then it must be a bug is an invalid argument. Which means there is a very high chance that it is indeed not a bug.

• Like 1

1. Different fences have different repair rates, the wooden fences are as far as a quick glance can tell me the only one that repairs 40 damage, the rest it seems 10.

2. The skill used when repairing fences is by design, Masonry for stone and iron fences and carpentry for the rest (except flowerbeds that should use gardening when watering).

3. That you can use materials that has a lower QL then the fence for improve is also by design as far as I can tell, it calculates the difference with your skill included to determine if the improve item is good enough.

So it's not really a bug, but I guess it could be argued that it's a flawed design due to it not working the same way as other things.

Thanks for comment ErikN but what about possibility to improve damaged fence ? is it a bug or intended so ? As far as i know all other ingame items/structures need to be repaired first.

Well it looks like it would be a bug, I can't find any place where it checks if the fence is too damaged or damaged at all in the improve code.