Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

How To Keep Players.......not.

I know why i never even thought about set a paw on epic.

Also even i wouldn´t have expected that amount of harassment by gameplay.

As a Freedom players it's hard to say, "Go back to Freedom."  I doubt I could hack it on Epic just contending with the human element, much less with disasters like this coming into play.  My sympathies to your neighbors, they didn't deserve to have hundreds of hours of work destroyed because of some arbitrary event.

Edited by ShadowRonin

ofc this things can happen rarely on epic, thats why they tryed to rebuild after the 1. meteor, but 2 weeks after the 2. meteor striked the same are (in total that was 3 meteors within a maybe 50 tiles range). so sorry but where is the "randomnes" or the "rarety", ofc ppl quit after getting smashed the 2. time from a "rare" event

Indeed, these events are not random - they seem to target a certain spot/deed on Serenity ... 3 meteors within 50 tiles is not a random location.

Indeed, these events are not random - they seem to target a certain spot/deed on Serenity ... 3 meteors within 50 tiles is not a random location.

THey are more a symptom of a broken random number generator. Another symptom is the string of fails/successes/bad casts/good casts you always get, and an even better example is the missions. They are not really random. Its usually 4 different sacrifice 500 hens/cows/horses/roosters at one time, then the next 4 will be similar in another way, not random at all.

Back to the topic; Maybe scenario events is what people want on Epic, but I doubt anyone wants or expects events that can't be repaired. These slopes are too extreme and have been since the first event hit Affliction a few years ago.

• Like 1

When my deed got hit on Serenity about a year ago, this was before the warnings. It happens, I just moved on and have been fine.

ttxH55y.png

• Like 2

I remember that - it was a couple of weeks after we started playing and I remember Ssalami went up north to try and help you.

It's a not so great idea in the first place made worse by how over the top it is.

The textures look bad enough stretched to normal lengths. let alone to what these events cause.

I thought when people first started playing on Epic it was generally acknowledged that stuff like this was MEANT to happen. Hell when it was first released we were told there was gunna be server wipes every like 6months or so. This is one of the reasons why I never bothered with epic, besides the idea of training up another character holds about as much interest for me as scooping my own eyes out with a spoon.

Yeah, that was my understanding too. Perhaps it should be made clear that there are scenarios like this that can and will wipe out entire deeds, so people know a bit better what theyre getting into. When epic was in the works there was talk of skill resets, server resets, volcanoes, all sorts of stuff.. Perhaps it would even be done intended so every now and then people need to start over on building a deed, preventing that once deeds are built up to max security, hardly anything will happen again. That's what I thought, at least.

• Like 2

This is one of the most epic parts of epic and you want to remove it? Sigh, pearls before swines...

• Like 5

they already removed most of what rolf wanted to do with epic because of complaints like this,so keep complaining and they will remove this too

why dont we just turn epic into another freedom server? I dont understand what all these freedomers are doing on epic, then complain about epic features.

• Like 4

This is an epic feature.

Well I would say everyone has been warned often enough. Such events are rare but they happen and if you have got bad luck, they will happen inside your deed. 

But I have one concern at least the buildings which are affected by the landscape changes should get destroyed, a 900 slope stone wall looks so weird. 

• Like 1

But I have one concern at least the buildings which are affected by the landscape changes should get destroyed, a 900 slope stone wall looks so weird. 

I have to tell ya, I busted out laughing when they posted that picture.

you're only making yourself mad here, this happens and it gives you reasons to move on to elevation or go join up with another group of players. epic is for living in groups not living alone on little mountains

Such events are rare 

mhm k if you say so, you guys actualy read the previous posts ? and to 50 cent, i think those guys played longer on epic then you are playing wurm in total. 1 time ok bad luck try to rebuild but the 2. "rare" time 2 weeks later ... yea. its also not the first time reported that meteors tend to hit the same place more often, so why dont admit that your beloved featur is bronken.

fact is wurm lost some players with that, but no problem we have still soooo many around ...... oh wait ....

I love the terraforming events, but this really is beyond ridiculous imo. The chance of your deed being destroyed is not a fun game mechanic, especially by a system as buggy and broken as the current mission system. We take chances living on a PVP server, but really, it's not even PVP, it's just some crazy mechanic knocking down deeds lol.

• Like 5

Ngl, those could be some wicked defenses.

Edited by Cise

Ngl, those could be some wicked defenses.

Indeed, i think theese events are a very good oportunity for change. You can either adapt to the new terrain (like using it as a moat) or move to a brand new spot and avoid the mistakes you made with the first deed (there are always some even after you played a while). If one of theese would hit Zwergenbucht we would simply pack our stuff up and build a new and better town somewhere else (most likely Elevation).

• Like 2

and if this get "new and better" deed get hit again ? like it happended in this case 

I hated this mechanic from the start, and it really discouraged me from trying Epic. The scenario created land masses are sometimes bugged so you can't edit them, so even if you had the skill and the time to repair the damage it would be impossible anyways. Even if these bugs are fixed, some of these land masses are so massive that its not worth staying to repair. Over time, these events are just going to make the server impossible to navigate or settle on because of the unfixable chasms and craters everywhere. I think its really lame that you could invest so much in a deed only for it to be destroyed by one of these events. With the amount of investment you have to put into Wurm, this is terrible. If I built a deed, I'd rather lose it to raiders than it be destroyed by a random event that nothing can be done against. I came to Epic for PvP, not random meteors that turn towns into craters.

In fact, I made a suggestion post about this! Guess what happened... :D

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I hated this mechanic from the start, and it really discouraged me from trying Epic. The scenario created land masses are sometimes bugged so you can't edit them, so even if you had the skill and the time to repair the damage it would be impossible anyways. Even if these bugs are fixed, some of these land masses are so massive that its not worth staying to repair. Over time, these events are just going to make the server impossible to navigate or settle on because of the unfixable chasms and craters everywhere. I think its really lame that you could invest so much in a deed only for it to be destroyed by one of these events. With the amount of investment you have to put into Wurm, this is terrible. If I built a deed, I'd rather lose it to raiders than it be destroyed by a random event that nothing can be done against. I came to Epic for PvP, not random meteors that turn towns into craters.

In fact, I made a suggestion post about this! Guess what happened... :D

The server has been going for 2 years now, and barely any areas are affected. These events target a very limited amount of tiles compared to the size of the servers. Maybe 0.001% of the epic landmass. In 2 years. And this is a result of the missions, which is pvp. So yes these events are part of pvp.

Edited by 50Cent123

i could bet, everyone in this thread who said "this is part of epic, if you don't like it play on freedom" never got hit by this once. Not to mention twice in a row. So just think a minue what you would do if you had spend 100s of hours and real money in order to achieve something. Then you rebuild it and it gets destroyed again. I would stop playing for sure.

• Like 1

yes last time i took part into a sac 500 ###### mission, i could rly feel the adrenalin pumping through my veins cause this epic pvp content

• Like 1

The server has been going for 2 years now, and barely any areas are affected. These events target a very limited amount of tiles compared to the size of the servers. Maybe 0.001% of the epic landmass. In 2 years. And this is a result of the missions, which is pvp. So yes these events are part of pvp.

I've seen some massive craters that are a lot more than "0.001%" of Epic's land mass, and I've found many deeds on JKH that were abandoned because of a chasm that formed in it, mostly in the NE (they spawn there like crazy for some reason). And missions, well, I think its a lame way to fight other kingdoms to be honest. I'm fine with the valrei spawns, but the terreforming events are a bit rediculous, and maybe they should be made smaller so its at least a little bit possible to repair them and the textures don't look so stretched.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Hah, look at affliction

Its covered in them.

But yeah, its pretty much just bad luck that this place got hit so many times, surprised the meteor that hit was that terrible, rolf was having new good meteors that could actually be fixed, only like 100 slope crater or so and smoothed down in a bowl in the last couple hits on elevation. Not sure why he would go back to these terrible 500 slope deep meteor craters

The chasm seems worse than normal too, how deep is it?

Also all the chasms in the ne of serenity were from a single event, spawned 3-4 beams that made some pretty large chasms

Edited by Kagrenac