Sign in to follow this  
bp1986

"..failing Now Always Has A Very Small Risk Of Shattering."

Can you remind me and everyone else when this ever happened? Both the "That's what you always say" and the "when you get Rolf to implement a bad idea" parts

I thought you, of all people, would have gotten that inside joke.

hint...tower guards attacking horses...hint

• Like 1

am i alone who noticed harder chance to improve powers? It's about as twice harder as before

am i alone who noticed harder chance to improve powers? It's about as twice harder as before

Bad luck, has nothing to do with this.

Bad luck, has nothing to do with this.

Actually, I think he has something here.  I've been casting for 2 days now, and right now I can't even improve a low cast like 17.  I find it much faster and easier to just dispel and start over.  Never had this much trouble before, and this is for over 200 casts now.

Our Fo champ was having trouble improving LT casts. Considering anyone with over 30 channeling gets bumped up to 80 when they champ (and the Epic curve - effectively 96 channeling) this seems pretty bad. Also, someone with high effective channeling should never shatter. I don't know what this crap is with trying to always have the chance to shatter, but it's BS. Scrap it. It's awful. No one wants to shatter a rare, supreme, drake, scale, etc. item. People have items that are sacred to them because of their history. Their first weapons, armor pieces, maybe something given to them by Mauz before her tragic death. I'd be especially upset if it were that last one. When people have crappy priests, they don't cast on anything they don't want to lose. When they have high channeling, they cast on anything expecting to never shatter, assuming the item being cast on is of respectable quality. Either revert it to the way it was and keep flaming aura shatter rate in line with other spells or give us some detailed patch notes so we can be well informed before we start forum wars with the developers.

There is nothing like "bad luck". There is stuff which affects casting. You just have to find out what it is. Anyway - with channeling 95+ you have like 4 (very max) frowns at powers below 70 before success imp. Now its double

Glad to hear it.  Here's hoping that your experience with it so far is the norm rather than the experience of some others.  As far as I can see, the jury is still out.

It's still hard to say how big the change was, but should also keep in mind that the people who notice a change will be the ones who will say something about it. I mean if 5 people think they notice a big change and 100 others don't, you probably won't hear 100 people say "I didn't notice anything" while you will likely hear those 5 people say "It changed a lot".

Which is ok of course, but it's just something to keep in mind

I thought you, of all people, would have gotten that inside joke.

hint...tower guards attacking horses...hint

I know what you were referring to, it's just that it never happened so I was interested in seeing what makes you think that still since it didn't sound much like a joke

I know what you were referring to, it's just that it never happened so I was interested in seeing what makes you think that still since it didn't sound much like a joke

Sorry. Inflected tone and the internet don't always work.

Whining about a misinterpretation of something people dont understand. Partially because of bitchyness of wurm players, partially because of the usual vague patch notes.

+1 to that.

Then: "small risk" to shatters.... good.

This relates to a truer experiences. Yes it is too easy to just cast. I welcome this. A minor chance of shattering on failure seems like something that SHOULD happen.

There is nothing like "bad luck". There is stuff which affects casting. You just have to find out what it is. Anyway - with channeling 95+ you have like 4 (very max) frowns at powers below 70 before success imp. Now its double

Casting is very much random...

I reiterate: shattering with low channeling is expected. Shattering with 90+ effective channeling is ridiculous and should never happen. Ever. If you get that skill, you deserve to have great reward. It's not an easy skill, at least not when you compare it with archery, carpentry, blacksmithing, etc. I haven't heard of anyone with 100 channeling, or even 99. I doubt anyone has it. If 90 channeling priests start shattering things, valuable items will never be put to good use because they won't be enchanted (and Freedomers will whine about nerfs affecting their virtual coin purses).

Just leave spell difficulty as it was (or actually fix it) with the exception of flaming aura, which should be brought in line with other spells.

• Like 1

I don't have data for this but Rolf did say, "VERY SMALL".  I don't think the minimum shatter chance has changed. He made things a little easier and at the same time wanted to reminded everyone that a 100% guaranteed success still can't be achieved.

I haven't exploded anything yet. I often try to improve a woa cast on say say a 65w85c, 75 ql tool.  (SD44, chan85, faith100)

On a side note, the dev's attitude, "figure out what I change yourself" is bad. I would prefer Instruction manuals, and detailed patch notes!

edit:  I support 100% successes assuming you have the skill.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

It's OK, even good when they let us wonder HOW things work.

But it's exceptionally bad when we have to wonder IF things work.

Having a "Risk" that is a chance of destroying an item which players maybe invested A LOT of their time and/or money in is a really bad idea, regardless of how low or high that chance is for high level enchanters.

It does not add any meaningful purpose or challenge and will simply piss players off who have that happen to them. It's one of those "i can see the problems from a mile away" things.

But tbh, personally i would remove shattering alltogether and replace it with longer timers, a higher chance to fail, more complicated to repair damage or a combination of those. Destroying items in this manner is bound to add problems and just seems like a "###### you" move on behalf of the game.

Removing shattering would diminish the sense of accomplishment(at least at lower channeling levels). Without having a chance to lose, there is no way to win either.

Removing shattering would diminish the sense of accomplishment(at least at lower channeling levels). Without having a chance to lose, there is no way to win either.

You can have a sense of accomplishment without destroying peoples stuff.

• Like 2