Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Cave Levelling/flattening

You may now raise and level inside caves using concrete

Enchants shattering was tweaked and generalized. Some enchants now have a lot less chance of shatters while failing now always has a very small risk of shattering.

The reason for some recent crashes was fixed

Various epic missions have been tweaked and debugged.

The /time command now gives information about when you started playing Wurm

There’s a new premium only “/snipe playername” command which will mute the player if enough people issue it roughly at the same time. You have only one snipe per time period. The algorithm behind it is deliberately fussy in order to prevent abuse. The command “/ignore playername” has automatic snipe functionality.

• Like 3

Cool update although the enchant one makes it so risky to enchant expensive stuffs :) .

Cool update although the enchant one makes it so risky to enchant expensive stuffs :) .

You do realise it said "VERY SMALL risk" <<< there's always been a risk -_-

:wub:

Yay. Some nice ones there. Thanks

And Hoof, that's a bit offtopic... but it's up that char to be able to do it, mechanics.

why can't mag priests flatten cave floors?

looking into it.

• Like 1

Enchants shattering was tweaked and generalized. Some enchants now have a lot less chance of shatters while failing now always has a very small risk of shattering.

So now I can blow something up on a fail and still have a chance to blow it up on a success?  This just kicks enchanters in the nuts.  At least on a fail before I only lost some favor.  Does this take into account the enchanter's skills?  It wasn't like enchanting was the easiest thing going anyway.

I'm being told that I am forgetful in my old age and that I cannot blow it up on a success and that perhaps I'm remembering some long past bug.  I hope so but still will do some testing with both a nice enchanter and a mid one.

Edited by Pashka
  • Like 1

So now I can blow something up on a fail and still have a chance to blow it up on a success?  This just kicks enchanters in the nuts.  At least on a fail before I only lost some favor.  Does this take into account the enchanter's skills?  It wasn't like enchanting was the easiest thing going anyway.

I think this was more to adress the fact that spells like FA had a ridiculous shatter chance even with over 90 effective channelling and over 40 SD, i doubt you'll see a major difference in shatter rates there was always the chance of shattering anyway (unless they really borked something)

• Various epic missions have been tweaked and debugged.

Magranon finished moving 5h 54s ago, please update valrei ROLF

Vynora finished moving 7h 2m 28s ago, please update valrei ROLF

What was debugged exactly?

(http://wurmfeed.rotabland.eu/valrei)

• Enchants shattering was tweaked and generalized. Some enchants now have a lot less chance of shatters while failing now always has a very small risk of shattering.

So, enchants now all have the same difficulty??? 

When is enchanting going to make sense? I'm sorry but a 90+ channelling priest shouldn't fail to improve a 50 ish cast multiple times in a row. (And now, also shatter)

• Like 2

Wait.. do pylons actually work now??? Need a mission to test!

I would be nice if you could list EXACTLY WHICH MISSIONS were fixed so i dont have to re-try the bugged ones myself!

• You may now raise and level inside caves using concrete

hasn't this been in the game for a long time already now?...

Edited by whykillme

Maybe there should be some consideration to publishing some game formulas or other true game mechanic calculations, especially when changes are introduced???  

Sometimes I think the frustrations that arise from players guessing the game mechanic changes is worse for the game and the players than the thrill of discovering things for ourselves....  A lot of times, what ends up being discovered by someone as FACT later turns out to be bogus information based on limited testing or just plain guess-work.

I think there is more harm in guessing how the game works and believing the guesswork than Rolf just publishing the FACTS and FORMULAS for how Wurm works.  Those that want to discover for themselves, should just not read the wiki FACTS - if or when they ever get put into the wiki.

• Like 2

I dont mind that part so much Eyes good. What i do mind is that DEVs can't even say which missions are fixed so we don't have to waste 5 hours or more finding out ourselves...

I see no way in which the player-ran muting system could ever be abused!

• Like 1

I see no way in which the player-ran muting system could ever be abused!

I had these same exact thoughts. The only case I could conceivably imagine this being helpful is if it is strictly limited to when a chat moderator is NOT online and someone is spamming constantly in a chat system and only a single ip address can use that command, not individual accounts. I'm sure the inner workings of this system won't ever be divulged for consistency, security and potential abuse reasons, just making an observation of how I would make it work.. Those should be the only availible requirements to even unlock the use of this. Even then I still don't like it. Without knowing the details of how this system really works in depth, I don't feel comfortable with players moderating themselves. I do agree that people are capable of it in small communities, but I disagree that this is safe to use where there are many variables that are available to facilitate abuse on that rare occasion.

I just feel really uncomfortable without understanding the design of how this system works in its entirety. Did I make that clear yet? :D

I always could raise inside caves with concrete how is this news?

I believe, if I am reading the OP correctly, with concrete in your inventory, you can now use the "level" command to level a rock tile. If so, that is a welcome change

I had these same exact thoughts. The only case I could conceivably imagine this being helpful is if it is strictly limited to when a chat moderator is NOT online and someone is spamming constantly in a chat system and only a single ip address can use that command, not individual accounts. I'm sure the inner workings of this system won't ever be divulged for consistency, security and potential abuse reasons, just making an observation of how I would make it work.. Those should be the only availible requirements to even unlock the use of this. Even then I still don't like it. Without knowing the details of how this system really works in depth, I don't feel comfortable with players moderating themselves. I do agree that people are capable of it in small communities, but I disagree that this is safe to use where there are many variables that are available to facilitate abuse on that rare occasion.

I just feel really uncomfortable without understanding the design of how this system works in its entirety. Did I make that clear yet? :D

I'm gonna make an army of alts and target Bashur when he's streaming.

I wonder how high the rage will be...

mmm new update explains why i got this so many times today: The 'item' emits a deep worrying sound of resonance, but stays intact.

and its a high chan priest casting on high ql items

Sign in to follow this