Sign in to follow this  
Makarus

Account Management Improvements.

Just a suggestion, as Wurm lacks a proper account management system outside the game.

Please, reply with further suggestions or edit my own, I will edit the OP to follow suggestions.

-Accounts management page:

1.) Information on account's linked characters - premium time remaining - sb accumulated - stamina level (for those swimmin fools), information from the stats page inworld, bank balance, etc.

2.) ability to link, unlink characters in each account.

3.) Ability to sell characters through the account managements page. This protects the character's password/login security as well.

-Alterations to account structuring:

1.) I suggest increasing per-email account limit to 10. Current is 5. This lets solo-horde users like myself run more accounts with less login information.

2.) a: Allow individual passwords per character linked to an account.

2.) b: Masterkey password (if possible without breaking anything.) That allows access to the characters in the account.

3.) Linked accounts, multi login. Basically no alteration to character login-access should be done. By this I mean no 1 account 1 character in world.

Edited by Makarus
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if this is on the same road that you're aiming at, but it can be molded in any shape or form with what your suggesting.

Character API string. Here's an example.

Player connects under a character that they wish to create the API string on. They hit a key (for this example we'll use P). In this menu the player has the options of creating as many api strings as they want, but with some flags attached (More on this down below). Once the string has been generated they can copy it and login to wurmonline.com where Rolf has the suggested Accounts Management page setup. This is the location where they can link the APIs to from different accounts that they own.

Now some more info on the API Menu ingame: This is where the player can choose what gets displayed in what each string. With each string that the player creates will always start off with a unique identifier for that specific character so the code knows whos info to pull. They'll have the option of making the string public or private so if they wish to share it to other they can. They will also have the option of checking certain boxes of what to allow that string to display IE: SB, Skills (Specific Ones), Premium Time, Stamina, Food, Water, Titles, Coin Balance, Inventory, Equiped items, etc.. This can also be expanded to third party programs if done correctly on Rolfs end.

I'd love to be able to swap between toons WITHOUT having to log out, as often it takes a while for a client to start up.

• Like 2

I'd love to be able to swap between toons WITHOUT having to log out, as often it takes a while for a client to start up.

As horribly optimized as the client ALREADY is, I cringe at the thought of how this would perform...

+1 Also consider the idea of having a transfer character system on the page; Make it easier to sell characters; just have to transfer them over to another account; when you go to do it; have it where it ask for your password, a pin that you set up to protect your account, and maybe a 12hour period to undo it; just in case of stealing.

As for swapping toons; just make a login button on the esc menu would work. No clue how hard it would be to actually include it though haha.

Edited by Roggeh
  • Like 1