Sign in to follow this  
TFH-CO

thank god it is only the log in server burning all the sb i have before i log off

• Like 3

Got off work and was so excited to play only to find that the servers are down. :o Oh well guess I could try getting some sleep for a change lol

• Like 2

I wonder if I can cross server boarders with the log in down or would that bug me out anyone know?

Just throwing this up here to help alleviate some questions. 

This is MY estimation based on normal operations that the login server will likely be back in around 4 hours of this post.  Though as I said it is only my estimation as I have no verifiable ETA to provide.

(update:  I would avoid crossing servers during this time frame. Just to be safe.)

• Like 6

I would like a faster estimate than Enki's please

Well, considering Rolf hasn't come here himself to explain anything, and I gather from Enki's first post in this thread that he is the only one in control of the servers, I think you'll be waiting a long time for an "official" explanation and/or ETA on when the Log In server is up again.  4 hours is a decent estimate, as the servers could go up at ANY POINT within that four hour time span.

You mean an estimate by someone who will tell you in FEWER words that you will still have to wait 4 hours, thus making the delivery of bad news faster? Or an equally verbose estimate that we'll be up and running in 5 minutes? :D

You know what the worst part is, actually? The sun is probably shining in Wurm, the weather is beautiful, there is no fog and no rain and all the public traders probably just got reset and have tons of money. And we can't be there!! :)

1 single access point for the entire network is a bad idea. This should really be clustered. ;p
Or even just 2 servers working in sync with each other and a simple change to the client to try 2 after 1 fails. Because this seems to happen every now and again :(

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 1

You mean an estimate by someone who will tell you in FEWER words that you will still have to wait 4 hours, thus making the delivery of bad news faster? Or an equally verbose estimate that we'll be up and running in 5 minutes? :D

You know what the worst part is, actually? The sun is probably shining in Wurm, the weather is beautiful, there is no fog and no rain and all the public traders probably just got reset and have tons of money. And we can't be there!! :)

oh yeah that would suck so bad lol but no still foggy and stormy in my region lol according to my villagers anyhow xD

So does this mean a day of my membership is gone as well? I say day because the servers went down as I got home from work.

The same to me. And do give SB for this because is not fair. I've lost my premium time so please give it back.

i believe the log in servers are still down

the above being 02:19 UTC.... as of 04:15 UTC... the servers are still down.

So we are coming up on 3 hours.. but it is 06:14 in the morning Stockholm time, so Rolf's domestic staff Hampsters should shortly be awakening their master, fixing him his usual Fish Sticks with Custards breakfast and then driving him to work. :D

... at which point Rolf will put on his soccer boots and upon reaching the executive suite on the 51st floor of the CodeAB corporate headquarteres, he will dilligently apply the above said soccer boots to the fundimental posteriors of the two system gremlins, Crash and Glitch and send them sailing out the 51st story office windows, to take up base jumping, sans parachute.  :blink:

All this drama will play out high over beautiful downtown Enki-ville.  :rolleyes:  Then he will consult the Orcale, who will tell him "you are the one", and then, and only then!!! .... he will he push the reset button.   Proper protocols must be followed.  B)

I am going to find an EE Doc Smith book... ty for the night off, no reason to panic..... wurm will be waiting when I return. :ph34r:

Cheers! Hughmongus

• Like 2

So does this mean a day of my membership is gone as well? I say day because the servers went down as I got home from work.

I would say....probably NOT?  I mean, 4 or 5 hours downtime is not even close to a full day.  You WILL however, if I am correct in assuming this, receive 5 hours worth of sleep bonus to your character, which is something of a valuable commodity IMO.  Now, couple that with the 99% nutrition bonus and you've got a nice healthy skill gain.

...but it is 06:14 in the morning Stockholm time, so Rolf's domestic staff Hampsters should shortly be awakening their master, fixing him his usual Fish Sticks with Custards breakfast and then driving him to work. :D

Wow. Life in Sweden certainly sounds idylic. When 6:14 rolls around in my house, I have to drag MYSELF out of bed and then feed the hamsters and drive them to work.

As to your comment about Rolf putting his soccer shoes on... I am European so I know perfectly well - and some will agree with me here - that if he puts his soccer shoes on, the first thing he will do is go play soccer. And that's how it should be.

• Like 2

Well this killed my idea for the night.  Have fun folks, and hope to see the server up tomorrow.  Sleep time for me now.  :)

Still in game with 252 online pounding way on BS skills WOOT !!

• Like 1

Still in game with 252 online pounding way on BS skills WOOT !!

That's a great way to get players who CAN'T currently get in to love you SO MUCH :wub:B)

That's a great way to get players who CAN'T currently get in to love you SO MUCH :wub:B)

Don't you feel like punching Puncher?

Don't you feel like punching Puncher?

Now whatever gave you that impression?  Was it my blatant sarcasm? :P