Sign in to follow this  
Catmanel

Roof Enhancement

hey i've been playing and building on wurm for a long time and the one thing that i've had a problem with is how roofs work, i cant help but feel they are lacking at the moment. i feel that not only shoudl they link to other roof parts but they should link to a wall at the same level next to it too as though it was a roof part, so that there is a seamless connection there.

because whenever u make a house with a 2nd floor thats smaller u end up with a little '/\I   I' thing, when it would look much better in my opinion if the roofs linked to the walls and, '/I   I' just seems more natural and it has them different parts in the game anyway.

• Like 4

Isn't the issue here that basically the roofs don't go as high as a wall? For your suggestion, you would need to have much steeper roofs in order for them to match seamlessly.

I quite like the results with the current system, but that's personal preference I guess.

No

Isn't the issue here that basically the roofs don't go as high as a wall? For your suggestion, you would need to have much steeper roofs in order for them to match seamlessly.

I quite like the results with the current system, but that's personal preference I guess.

Nope. It's a great idea. The roof can end with 1/3 wall height.

I know what you're talking about it grates me too, you end up with little pyramid houses, or if you make a porch and theres a wall next to the roof its too high to see the wall behind from the ground, or you can only just see the top, and it doesn't attach to the wall it's another little pyramid.

The roofs next to walls dont bother me too much, you just have to design around it. Also I fix the pyramid houses by leaving the middle square as a floor tile and not roof, that way it doesn't have the point at the top, looks much better imo.

So I can see your issue, but there are ways around it, maybe its something they will work on it the future

it just seems like a really easy thing to change because u'd just have the model that they already use for when theres a roof next to it xD

I like your suggested way to do this. This bothers me too, because if roofs are built that way water would end up building up in the crack, causing water damage. Building the roof from the wall is a great idea! +1

• Like 1

I would also like to see the interior walls extend up to the roof/ceiling at least visualy instead of haveing the huge open area above them.  Also and option to not have the roofs Peak and only go 1 tile high then flatten out.

• Like 1

I would also like to see the interior walls extend up to the roof/ceiling at least visualy instead of haveing the huge open area above them.  Also and option to not have the roofs Peak and only go 1 tile high then flatten out.

Kerwal has a good point this is another thing that annoyed me and they haven't updated the wiki on how you make interior walls because there isn't the option Inner > wall on the game. so if the roofs were fixed and walls inside of the structures i would have no more issues with the house building :P