Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 42

I don't mind the idea of a crafting interface but please make it optional incase it doesen't work well for people, the paperdoll for example I don't really like but it's fine since you can disable it.

• Like 1

Great news, guys. Thank you for the update. Exciting stuff coming up. And the braziers look really good! I'll definitely be building those.

Question: Will the LOAD action allow to transport animals? Especially on boats? On a world like Celebration, where we rely a lot on sea transport due to the continent's geography, this would be a god-sent.

Not as it is right now, they are not items being the main differentiator. But as an ad on later, very likely.

Looking forward to the load function.

However, I would still prefer Ships (not boats) have a B/FSB interface function added.

Note: The option to load with rafts should still be available for moving tools, weapons, etc.

Great work guys i have a question about the braziers.

Will these braziers work as a light house as in can you place one of thses braziers inside a tower and will the light extend beyond the building. And can it be seen from a distance or will these still work like the current lighting system when you place a lamp inside a building and walk more than 10 tiles away and the light cannot be seen ?.

Thanks for the reply, RedBaron. While I am definitely looking forward to a time when you add the ability to transport animals on boats, I am very excited about this update. Keep up the great work!

As long as you get rid of the "rightclick -> scrolls hundreds of obscure submenus and items to find the item you want to create" * 10000, I'm happy :P

I like the current crafting, but I'm sure an upgrade wont do any harm.

Happy to see these cool features coming soon.

I hope the new crafting menu will allow for more than two materials, or for two materials and a tool or two.

The current limitation of one active, one passive item makes for some really silly recipes. Banging glowing metal against an anvil with bare hands anyone?

Great work guys i have a question about the braziers.

Will these braziers work as a light house as in can you place one of thses braziers inside a tower and will the light extend beyond the building. And can it be seen from a distance or will these still work like the current lighting system when you place a lamp inside a building and walk more than 10 tiles away and the light cannot be seen ?.

They are currently working with the same rules as all lights if placed within a building. Though this is something that was brought up recently when I personally tried building a lighthouse in the game and was hit with the same problem.

So we talked a little bit about if there should be some specific lights which had the exception that would allow it such functionality. But among all the things being tested and implemented right now I think it lost its priority.

But now you know you have at least one light house enthusiast that is on the dev team to look into such things. I will be sure to let people know if/ how it is going to be implemented ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, RedBaron. While I am definitely looking forward to a time when you add the ability to transport animals on boats, I am very excited about this update. Keep up the great work!

Glad to be at your service Valdor and thank you for appreciating the work of our developers. I told them you said so and they where happy (If a bit silly) about it. But that is all well within their usual norms of social interacions ;)

First questions: Will things like Forges, Alters etc be able to be loaded in to a cart?

Second: if so can you still open them when they are inside?

Third: Would a bsb full of items class as loadable?

First questions: Will things like Forges, Alters etc be able to be loaded in to a cart?

Second: if so can you still open them when they are inside?

Third: Would a bsb full of items class as loadable?

1. Yes forges will be loadable if they don't contain any items. As for altars I see no problems with this as long as they are not blessed.

2. I have made no decisions in regards to this as of yet, but I am leaning towards that you can put items inside let's say forges, but you won't be able to unload the forge while there are items inside.

3. No a bsb full with items will not be loadable, nor will you be able to place items inside of a bsb on a cart/boat.

Please do include all the armor, weapon, bow stands etc, that way we can finally get all those from abandoned places.

Big +1 for weekly status updates. Hope you can keep it up. Even if it's nothing big it's nice to know someone is working on this game. :)

Awesome work devs and it's fantastic to get these updates. Keep up the good work!!!

1. Yes forges will be loadable if they don't contain any items. As for altars I see no problems with this as long as they are not blessed.

2. I have made no decisions in regards to this as of yet, but I am leaning towards that you can put items inside let's say forges, but you won't be able to unload the forge while there are items inside.

3. No a bsb full with items will not be loadable, nor will you be able to place items inside of a bsb on a cart/boat.

Can we get some kind of feature that will load from a bsb into a raft in a boat or cart? I mean trying to fill 100 rafts with dirt even if you can manage 10-12 at a time is still crazy.

I can understand how a full bsb might be to much but at least give us some help on this please. Not everything has to pass through our inventory, lol

• Like 2

It would be awesome if you could see all lights from a long distance. I'd love to climb to the top of a mountain and see the lights of civilization bellow.

• Like 2

its about time we got a load option for large carts and boats :D

but in all seriousness this is gunna be a really great implement guys, gunna love it!!

Can we get some kind of feature that will load from a bsb into a raft in a boat or cart? I mean trying to fill 100 rafts with dirt even if you can manage 10-12 at a time is still crazy.

I can understand how a full bsb might be to much but at least give us some help on this please. Not everything has to pass through our inventory, lol

Well drag & drop without going through the inventory is a much needed feature so I do intent to look at it.

• Like 9

Please don't remove the ability to remove things from rafts, it would seriously nerf the possibility to move large quantities of items. Or if you do, please add some alternative that works as good or better. Using rafts for this purpose is a bit strange anyway.

Thanks for these posts, it's a great improvement and I love the new features :)

Well drag & drop without going through the inventory is a much needed feature so I do intent to look at it.

This is the most important post made on these forums in years.

This is the most important post made on these forums in years.

It will make it too easy! ;) 

You are so right! A nerf is clearly in order, one item at a time through the inventory with a 15 sec timer sounds about right  :ph34r:

• Like 3

Always having to drag things to inventory is not hard, it's just tedious and not fun. Sure, for bulk loads of items it will take considerably less time, a small timer could balance that out if needed. Timer should be based on your carrying capacity and weight currently carried.