Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 42

"load"    or    The ability to move all those push/pull things we've been asking to move for ages, Ty!  Although, It seems to me it would be better to just let us pickup these things.

- How do I delete loaded items so I don't have to make decay piles here and there?

- How do I put a rare forge on a merchant?

- How do I put my rare forge in secure trade window? 

crafting interface.....I'm disappointed that you'll don't seem to think reducing clicking is important. I guess a change where you don't have to look stuff on the wiki would be good, but its not as needed as reducing tedious clicking.

For goodness sakes please do a detailed comparison of mouse-move and clicks needed to make something between current method and this new interface.

edit - added some "how do I" questions.

Edited by joedobo

Yes!  Good stuff there.  :)  Especially the load action and braziers.  And thanks so much for these updates.  Muchly appreciated.

I am worried of the crafting interface, just cause you guys don't give us to try it..

Yet... It will likely be on the test server to be tested before it goes live ;)

Niiiiiice. Load by itself would be pretty sweet.

Expect it wont take more than a month for "abandoned" stuff to be salvaged. :D

EDIT: Here's hoping it will work according to permissions.

Edited by Klaa

Yet... It will likely be on the test server to be tested before it goes live ;)

I hope it is not 'few days test' like the trader thingy -.- .... 

I like the look of the braziers - very nice!

And the load function sounds brilliant

Good job guys!  :D

This is the best update news I've read in awhile, and wonderful timing!  Thank you Wurm team.

"load"    or    The ability to move all those push/pull things we've been asking to move for ages, Ty!  Although, It seems to me it would be better to just let us pickup these things.

- How do I delete loaded items so I don't have to make decay piles here and there?

- How do I put a rare forge on a merchant?

- How do I put my rare forge in secure trade window? 

- Load them, then go for a drive in your cart, make a decay pile away from your deed, out of sight out of mind   :P

- Unfinished the same as always.   ;)

I think having pick up would make a big problem for a lot of players, at least with the "load" option you will need the premium time to use it.

Weekly updates are a really great addition, i look forward to the "Development  -> community" communication transparency they will provide in the future. 

- Load them, then go for a drive in your cart, make a decay pile away from your deed, out of sight out of mind   :P

- Unfinished the same as always.   ;)

I think having pick up would make a big problem for a lot of players, at least with the "load" option you will need the premium time to use it.

Weekly updates are a really great addition, i look forward to the "Development  -> community" communication transparency they will provide in the future. 

- "out of sight, out of mind" ....Maybe out of my sight but not everyone elses A large part of "abandoned" area complaints stem from travelers seeing eye sores. I'll likely make my rot piles in caves. I just think it would be better if I could sell/dispose through token. If I could put the items in my inventory sell would be possible.

- How am I going to convert existent items into unfinished? If you think players won't want to put there existent finished items on merchants or use secure trade your wrong. If I could put the item in inventory then I could trade or put them on a merchant. There are already measures in game to prevent trades if a player can't carry what's being traded.

Good point about premium. Its a another strike in my book against this load approach. F2P should be able to move their stuff around.

I hope it is not 'few days test' like the trader thingy -.- .... 

ROFL and more days of testing would have shown a server loading problem how?

Love the new art can never have enough decorative things to craft in wurm!!!

Love the ability to load directly to a Large Cart...  As others have said this would be an awesome thing to put on those annoying push pull items like

-Large Barrels

-Tables

-Archery Targets

-etc

All those things you would thing are easily lift able in real life yet we cant move them in wurm unless we push pull them!!!

However,

Any changes to the crafting GUI Scare me, there is nothing wrong with crafting right now its the best part of Wurm so please dont screw up the heart and sole of the game!

Will we be able to load carts and catapults onto boats using the load feature? I know they're technically draggable but it'd be a nice change regardless. Environmentally conscious raiders will be able to recycle their old carts and catapults rather than making new ones every time they attack a deed, and I assume it'd also be useful for people who sell bulk materials, because then they can more easily transport their goods to people who live inland.

YES load action. That's exactly what I wanted to see. Add harbor cranes, and we can have real shipping ports.

Thanks for keeping the community informed and I look forward to the changes should be fun and making loading boats a bit different. 

ROFL and more days of testing would have shown a server loading problem how?

No, I don't blame traders explode the server cause not enough testing. I just missed testing the trader cause I was a bit busy for few days. 

Once again, I hope this new crafting interface isn't forced upon us, atleast give us the option not to use it

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 2

Once again, I hope this new crafting interface isn't forced upon us, atleast give us the option not to use it

Anything is better than what we have now, 6 clicks for nails is a bit ridiculous

Im assuming the load action will allow use to lets say move forges, beds, fountains etc now without the need to push/pull them everywhere as long as theres enough room in the large cart for the item?

Anything is better than what we have now, 6 clicks for nails is a bit ridiculous

I'd rather keep the old interface still an option incase the new one is major balls, thats all I'm saying.

• Like 5

Oh, and here's an idea that's been suggest for the past 4 years now...

HOW ABOUT A GOD DAMNED PLANT SPROUT KEYBIND?

• Like 1

So items that can't be picked up like fountains, chests, statues etc, does this include containers that are full?

Ok, so the way it is being implemented right now does not include full containers. But we are looking into possibilities for functionality like that.

• Like 1

Will we be able to load carts and catapults onto boats using the load feature? I know they're technically draggable but it'd be a nice change regardless. Environmentally conscious raiders will be able to recycle their old carts and catapults rather than making new ones every time they attack a deed, and I assume it'd also be useful for people who sell bulk materials, because then they can more easily transport their goods to people who live inland.

Catapults is currently being considered. There are certainly some interesting pvp aspects to this. But carts needs to be further thought through according to our dear colleague and server developer ErikN Who is the one coding this.

Great news, guys. Thank you for the update. Exciting stuff coming up. And the braziers look really good! I'll definitely be building those.

Question: Will the LOAD action allow to transport animals? Especially on boats? On a world like Celebration, where we rely a lot on sea transport due to the continent's geography, this would be a god-sent.

Question: Will the LOAD action allow to transport animals? Especially on boats?

I didn't even DARE dream this would ever be possible. I mean, 5 minutes to cross the isthmus where I live, compared to Leading a tamed animal for like 45mins all around the bay, this will never be possible, will it? will it?

Edit: forgot to add: thanks a lot for the "Load" function!

Edited by neofit