Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 42

W42Th2.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

I am happy to once more be able to share some news and work in progress with you.

As always there is plenty of things going on and the development team have been hard at work indeed.

Crafting Interface

We have now started working on a crafting interface and it, if I might say so myself, is going to make a major difference on how fun and intuitive it is to craft.

So far it is not very graphical, but the functionality is coming along nicely.

The idea is that you will be able to get a better overview of what you can craft, by activating and experimenting with different components in the interface.

Combining it with some new interface design and the new icons will definitely make it a beautiful and important part of the game experience.

Load Action

We also have a highly sought after feature being tested and implemented as you are reading this, and that is the “Load†action.

This means that when you are, for example, embarked as commander on a large cart. Gain the option to issue the “Load†command when right clicking items.

That gives you the ability to transport items which previously has been to big and heavy to move.

The item in turn will be loaded directly onto the cart, given there is enough capacity and space.

This action will also be available for all the ships but not for the small cart.

Art

On the art front there are some new decorative craftable objects being implemented.

We present to you the braziers! An essential for creating that fabulous good old medieval look on your deed.

Brazier_Small.jpg                                Brazier_Big.jpg

Player Name Change

We have started a poll to see the general interest in offering in game character name changes for a fee.

Just follow this link to leave your vote and opinion.

That is all for now.

So I strongly recommend you just Keep on Wurming!

• Like 23

The load action sounds awesome.

Even more helpful, though, would be if we could e.g. drag dirt, rock shards etc directly into lrg cart like we can into bsbs.

• Like 2

OMG! Load action! Can it automatically load 100 dirts to my cart assuming.. it is capable to at least hold 70 of em? If yes, then I LOVE YOU GUYS! :)

I am worried of the crafting interface, just cause you guys don't give us to try it..

The braziers looks cool! I want one with skulls, FOR LIBILA! :)

• Like 2

OMG! Load action! Can it automatically load 100 dirts to my cart assuming.. it is capable to at least hold 70 of em? If yes, then I LOVE YOU GUYS! :)

I am worried of the crafting interface, just cause you guys don't give us to try it..

The braziers looks cool! I want one with skulls, FOR LIBILA! :)

I am so sorry Rose but the bulk transfer is something that is not yet implemented. ;)

Maybe in next news update there can be some information about it.

I hope we can load full large chests and barrels, and use them while loaded.

AlLso load full bsbs on ships, no more silly rafts!

Edited by Keldun

I thought the crafting interface was already being developed for a while now?

Wow very nice those two updates will be HUGE ! And adding Braziers as well OMG keep up the good work guys :)

I am so sorry Rose but the bulk transfer is something that is not yet implemented. ;)

*thumbs down* *glares at the wink*

Thanks for clarification. :P

I thought the crafting interface was already being developed for a while now?

It was announced as planned in the current focus post a while back yes. But not as being actively developed.

So items that can't be picked up like fountains, chests, statues etc, does this include containers that are full?

It's really awesome to get these news post's about whats going on. Keep em coming!!!!

Ok so for the Load command does this mean that if I want to transport say my rare loom I can "load" it into an empty large cart and move it to a different location?

Ok so for the Load command does this mean that if I want to transport say my rare loom I can "load" it into an empty large cart and move it to a different location?

That's correct.

• Like 4

Oh, I am so excited for the new features coming out! Particularly the braziers and the load feature.

I enjoy these weekly updates, personally!

I haven't said it yet so I'll say it now, I love these posts. Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

Load Action

We also have a highly sought after feature being tested and implemented as you are reading this, and that is the “Load†action.

This means that when you are, for example, embarked as commander on a large cart. Gain the option to issue the “Load†command when right clicking items.

That gives you the ability to transport items which previously has been to big and heavy to move.

The item in turn will be loaded directly onto the cart, given there is enough capacity and space.

This action will also be available for all the ships but not for the small cart.

OMG

I want this now :)

I was just complaining about this very thing this weekend

• Like 2

Load action thing = precisely what the docter ordered :D

Load is an awesome feature. I really hope to see that ingame soon :)