Sign in to follow this  
Trey

This Application Will Be Blocked In A Future Java Update...

..... because the JAR file manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute. Please contact the Publisher for more information.

Clicking run allows the application to run with unrestricted access to your personal files and other resources on your computer (for example the web cam and microphone).

----- These messages appeared after Java update. Help, please.

Ok we'll try to add this to the permission file in the next client update.

Which operating system do you use? We don't get this on Windows 7.

Rolf did you update yet? The warning is in the new Java 7.45

The block is supposed to be in the Java 7.51

Now it's saying my Java is out of date & it won't let me launch the game. I'm guessing I need the older version of java now.

Ellenmarie, are you saying that Java 7.45 is blocking Wurm on your system? Because I have the messages with 7.45, but I am not blocked. The block is promised with the next Java update.

The warning has nothing to do with the windows version, its java's new version that tries desperately to fix its security holes.

So will there anything happen to solve it? I still get the message...

Ok we'll try to add this to the permission file in the next client update.

Which operating system do you use? We don't get this on Windows 7.

And when will this next client update come? Still the same message after 3 months.

February is the eta now.

apparently they have to apply certain things in order and while they have like item 2-20 ready, item 1 seems to still have some issues.

Goody... Got the popup there was a new Java version(Version 7 Update 51) and installed it without a second thought. 'Unable to launch the application.' is what I got after launching Wurm's client. So I thought, oh probably need to download the new client. Did that, same message. Looking at the details the message looks like written above; 'Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar'. Lovely.

I don't have warm memories with de installing Java and reinstalling older versions. So is there a work around for this issue for suckers like myself?

Goody... Got the popup there was a new Java version(Version 7 Update 51) and installed it without a second thought. 'Unable to launch the application.' is what I got after launching Wurm's client. So I thought, oh probably need to download the new client. Did that, same message. Looking at the details the message looks like written above; 'Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar'. Lovely.

I don't have warm memories with de installing Java and reinstalling older versions. So is there a work around for this issue for suckers like myself?

Same problem here, can't start anymore ... oh how much I love these "updates" and "fixes" ...

Btw. Win 8 system here

Windows 7 here but doubt that it matters. Please client developers, don't make me do the dishes or the other housekeeping tasks that Wurm usually let me postpone...

Same problem here...

I think this requires emergency client update then if the fix should come in the next update. Otherwise all those with the new Java will not be able to login again and be really missing their addiction. omg what to do now... ah.. walk in the cellar, get out the xp machine...

Here's a workaround. It leaves you open to Java exploits found in older versions.

Uninstall your current version of Java. Get an older version.

Visit http://www.oldapps.com/java.php and pick your version. Download. Install.

Or, if you don't mind giving Oracle your information, you can download an older version at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html

This works for me. Just choose not to update Java until Code Club fixes their issue, and make sure your various anti-virus/script utilities are up to date.

You can go into the Java Control Panel and in the Security tab set the security level to medium. 

The Developers will have this sorted soon.