Sign in to follow this  
Rhoktar

Java Problem 10/16/13

I was playing 2 hours ago, now I dbl-click my standard desktop wurm.jnlp file and java pops up and tells me it needs to update.

Sure thing, I go to the website and download the new one, at the end of the installation it offered to run another program that checks for old versions of java still on computer, I did that as well and it removed 1 older version.

Now when I dbl-click my wurm.jnlp file (I had to download a new one from the official Wurm website) it didn't know what to do with it, so I hit "Open with" and browsed to my java.exe installation and set the SE binary as default program.  All good right?

But unfortunately now when I try to open the file, I see a quick flicker of a dos prompt-esque window pop up and disappear, then nothing.

Help?

Make sure to use the 32bit version of java ->http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=81819 allways a good idea to install both 32bit and 64bit java, that way all programs is happy :D

Next don't run it with java.exe use javaws.exe

If these two does not work, try doing this

goto run (shortcut to run <windows key+r>) type "'javaws -viewer", this should open the Java Cache Viewer. If wurm is in the JCW right click it and click "Install shortcuts"

Hope this helps

Edited by urban

java.exe will not run .jnlp files. What you need is javaws (Java Web Start, probably as javaws.exe).

EDIT: just noticed urban already said that :P

Edited by Marshlander