Sign in to follow this  
LyrusLLupo

Equipping Ship Parts

Ok, this is a wild idea that may never be implemented in the game, but I love ships and so here goes, lol. I want to be able to have a system with ships similar to with horses where you can equip different parts. Building the ships can still go the same way but attaching the sails or the stern would be equipping them instead after the ship's basic frame or hull is already build. With this system perhaps we can play with the ships appearance a bit. Like dyeing different parts of the ship and sails different colors, or different looks to the ship stern or sails depending on material and perhaps even slight or major changes to performance based on the parts. Again, I know this is a pretty wild idea, lol. Regardless, what are your thoughts on this my fellow Wurmians?

• Like 1

Not sure if I like your exact implementation, but the general idea of customising ships by appearance and function sounds good.

With different sails causing different sailing behavior, trading cargo space for more passenger compartments etc.

I actually like this idea.

I would love to customize my Cog.

Add flags to the list of things to equip to ships. (like jolly rogers)