Sign in to follow this  
Frostkaim

20 Skill Titles

Hi all, I'm here to suggest titles for free acc players (at 20 skill).

I was think in something like fun for players that can't buy premium and up over 20 on skills. I really would love to see anyone passing front me with "Armadillo" title (20 dig skill). XD

Well, ppl can suggest the name of this titles for free players (20 skill) in this topic... If would accept, I realy like to "armadillo" for dig skill XD...

Pls, let your opinion and your suggest name for the skill... :)

Only if we get 99titles, then they could perhaps add more of this fun stuff.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

A title for 20 skill starts to take away from the value of earning something, especially when it seems you get 20 skill in something right out of the tut now. 20 is easy, 50 feels like a first real achievement.

• Like 6

i may be a bit weird and a title collector.. but 20 skill? seriously?

there is no achievement in reaching 20 skill - not even lockpicking, weaponsmithing or exorcism would deserve a title at 20.

hmmm, for a free player this is ALL that we can reach, but ok.. was only my opinion.

hmmm, for a free player this is ALL that we can reach, but ok.. was only my opinion.

not true

you can strive to earn those 10 silver it cost to go premium in game that is worth more then a title :)

Honestly, I think providing titles for non-premium players would remove some of the inherent benefits of going premium.  But I also think titles at 100 should be created since that represents the ultimate goal of any grind.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 4

Honestly, I think providing titles for non-premium players would remove some of the inherent benefits of going premium.  But I also think titles at 100 should be created since that represents the ultimate goal of any grind.

hmmm, welll maybe you are right.... 

If want close the suggestion I'm agreee.... probable this wasn't a good idea XD

A title for 20 skill starts to take away from the value of earning something, especially when it seems you get 20 skill in something right out of the tut now. 20 is easy, 50 feels like a first real achievement.

For this reason -1

Instead of rewarding a title for each skill, maybe give new players a title the first time they reach 20 in any skill.

Such as Apprentice, Neophyte or Greenhorn.

Something to reflect that they are still starting out in Wurm but not totally new.

• Like 1

For this reason -1

Let me add mines: -1

In epic for example, in a day, you can grind like 5-10 skills to 20.

Dunno in freedom.

I applaud anyone who makes the effort to create a post with something other than the usual tone... +1 for the suggestion, 

but I have to agree that 20 is a bit easy to get to. If the title was something like "apprentice" or so, that showed it is a new player that committed to it, then cool perhaps.

However the argument that is removes benefits of going premium is valid. Maybe one or two skills, could get a noobie title at 20 though :)

For the larger part of it: -1

Thanks though for sticking out even in free mode, I am happy to see non premium players around, but going premium, very awesome :D

Perhaps a couple of titles could be introduced, maybe one for getting 20 in all smithing skills, 1 for getting 20 in all carpentry skills, maybe 1 for all gathering skills.

just 3 or 4 titles all up, nothing crazy

Only if the title you get is "Noob" and you only get it for the 1st skill you get to 20.

Otherwise -1, not much effort is needed to get to 20 skill. :P

No.

If you want skill titles get premium. Premium players keep this game afloat financially, without them it would cease to be.

I like this idea. Apprentice titles. 20 basically states "i am at least basically competent with this trade."

it's no different than being known as so and so's apprentice.

Could also come with a title redo. Scale the titles out, apprentice, journeyman, expert, master etc. titles at 20 - 50 - 70- 90.

Side effect of free advertisement for newbie laborers.

• Like 3

Hmm I dont think there should be titles for every skill at 20, but I can remember being a newb and 20 did feel like a big achievement, now ofc that I've played longer and gone premium ofc 50 is the goal, then 70, then 90 eventually 100.

Wurm is a complex game and when you first start you dont think about getting to 50 you think about creating something without failing more times than succeed! So if a player could get a fluff title for getting their first skill to 20, I think it would only encourage them to continue, and to go premium and improve other skills and hunt other titles.

• Like 1

50 skill on Epic can be done in a couple hours.

20 in a few minutes.

• Like 1

I dunno the main stat skills perhaps?  Body, Mind, Soul.  Could work for those since those are a REAL grind.

50 skill on Epic can be done in a couple hours.

20 in a few minutes.

Yeah, most of us still play wurm. Epic is a bit of a footnote.

• Like 1

I think that 20 skill titles could be kinda cool because of the reasons Makarus mentioned, namely that those titles could be used to display at least apprentice level competency in that skill.

I've never personally seen skill titles as a partcicular achievement but something to help display an identity of the player, and for newer players to be able to wear an apprentice or trainee-type skill title between 20 and 50 would seem a pretty fun idea. Plus I don't see how apprentice titles would do anything but add to the game. So a +1 from me.

• Like 1

I think that 20 skill titles could be kinda cool because of the reasons Makarus mentioned, namely that those titles could be used to display at least apprentice level competency in that skill.

I've never personally seen skill titles as a partcicular achievement but something to help display an identity of the player, and for newer players to be able to wear an apprentice or trainee-type skill title between 20 and 50 would seem a pretty fun idea. Plus I don't see how apprentice titles would do anything but add to the game. So a +1 from me.

That was exactly the point :)

I have mixed feelings about this one.

Generally I like things to be difficult to earn. The harder it is to earn something, the greater the sense of accomplishment and pride for doing so.

If this was a premium only game, I'd say no to the idea of titles at 20 skill, but being that 20 is the highest skill a free player can achieve, I'm ok with it.

Even though they may not be directly paying into the game, Rolf made the decision to still make the game accessible to people that can't afford it and I applaud him for that.

I say +1 for some free player titles