Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Bring Back 10 Hours Sleep Bonus

I really don't see an affect on other things, if an account is prem it should not be an issue. Even with 10 hours if I don't play alot I am not surpassing anyone, If I am offline long enough to get 10 hours make a guess on how many gameplay hours someone else who is on 4-10 hours a day has gotten in.

To be clear this is not saying pass out 10 hours of sleep bonus for free, it is saying let me accumulate that much via normal procedures.

If you are offline a day and get an hour sleep bonus and I am off a week and get 5 my skills are not going up faster than yours, it is not a work around, it is a benefit for those who dont play near as often but pay the same premium.

No because then players will use sleeper alts to get free coin,  Even if SB sold at 1s per hour and you sell 20sb a month per character and a months perm ingame is 10s 

Better idea is to allow us to trade our unused SB :P

The only diference will be that we, maybe won't see a few alts that will be sleeping.

And for me alts don't help the game to stay alive. It's just make it sad.

Alt's is what helps keep the player count up. If 80% of the active alts are sleeping most of the time then the game will look rather dead on the server stats and a good number of new players that come across wurm will think its a dead or dyeing game and wont wast their time downloading and giving it a try. 

They still have to pay for prem so you are wrong.

The amount of Sleep powder bought from traders has greatly decreased since they started giving out sleep powder from paying for your account on the shop. Meaning less coin is being sinked to gain more sleep bonus. And if players are able to just let their alts sleep for 2weeks to gain 10hours for free then the amount of sleep powder being bought will drop even more to just main characters instead of on alts they are trying to grind out those last few points to get to the next 10's. (50/60/70/80)

And if the server ends up having a crash spell for a week, well Im sure you'll be back on the forums demanding a larger stack up of sleep bonus because you missed out on being able to use it and missed out on x free hours. 

I really don't see an affect on other things, if an account is prem it should not be an issue. Even with 10 hours if I don't play alot I am not surpassing anyone, If I am offline long enough to get 10 hours make a guess on how many gameplay hours someone else who is on 4-10 hours a day has gotten in.

To be clear this is not saying pass out 10 hours of sleep bonus for free, it is saying let me accumulate that much via normal procedures.

If you are offline a day and get an hour sleep bonus and I am off a week and get 5 my skills are not going up faster than yours, it is not a work around, it is a benefit for those who dont play near as often but pay the same premium.

Increasing the sleep bonus limit would benefit those that play more then those that are online on the weekends. Because as I said before, If the server has a crash spell(crashes every other day or so) Those that are online at the time will benefit because they will be able to burn the bonus they have gotten before getting more without having to worry about going over the 10hour limit now. Where as if it were to stay at 5hours if a player was offline for a day and the server crashed and they still havnt fully burned off what they got from the day before they will miss out on it.

And personally. I think the devs should work on getting a system up so that ONLY those that were logged in when the server crashes gets sleep bonus. Not those that were offline uneffected by the downtime because they were sleeping/at work/just dont log until the weekend.

You shouldnt be awared for something that did not effect you. If your offline for the weekdays and online for the weekend 5hour limit of sleep bonus is just fine for you. As you have said it takes 5days to get 5hours. You're uneffected on bonus lose from sleeping. Only thing I can see that weekend players would gain is getting a free 5hour increase on top of the 5hours of being offline not playing the game from the server crashing that didnt even effect you in the first place because you were offline.

Stop QQ'ing for greed and be happy with what you have, if 5hours of sleep bonus every weekend is not enough for you then buy some powder and support the game to help it get more paid staff members.

Edited by Ronnie

I only remember one time where sleep bonus went over 5 hours to 10 hours, that again was down to some downtime, and would be nice if downtime sleep bonus gets capped at 10 hours instead :)

Ronnie, There has been no QQ here only rational discussion.

Do you have any facts to back up less sleep powder is being bought? How do you know what is being bought from the traders? I doubt you do but you based an entire paragraph around your flawed "data". IF less is being bought I would wager less money sinks in general are being bought simply because premium is twice as much. You try to latch onto sleep powder sales and create a negative story based off a flawed theory with no facts to back it up and hope that your wall of text conceals that fact.

As for the rest of your very convoluted argument well I can't very well put much credence into any of it and no one else should after you tried to use false and misleading data to push your earlier  point.

Better idea is to allow us to trade our unused SB :P

It is a good idea, I thought of it before too.

Even if it took 2 hours of sleep bonus to make 1 powder or something to sell. Could work somehow.

no, 600 hours! PLEEEESE!

/sarcasm

I really don't like this idea. It's fine the way it is.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 2

Wurm is a game in which skills are suppose to take time to cultivate.

• Like 1

If a turbo nerd plays 12 hours a day but I play once for 10 hours on a weekend I still am not catching him skillwise, no amount of sleep bonus is going to give an edge to a player that is not on everyday for many hours like most high skilled players, sorry.

So this is about catching up to players skillwise?

You should relax, it's just a game after all. Some people are ahead and some are behind.

You needn't turn a game into a life. Not everyone is going to be playing 12 hours a day or even a few hours a week.

Increasing sleep bonus pools suggestion is brought up just about every time the server goes down. -1

So this is about catching up to players skillwise?

You should relax, it's just a game after all. Some people are ahead and some are behind.

You needn't turn a game into a life. Not everyone is going to be playing 12 hours a day or even a few hours a week.

Increasing sleep bonus pools suggestion is brought up just about every time the server goes down. -1

No it is not about catching up, please read the thread, it is short.

aquiring 10 hours sleep bonus will not help you catch up, I posted that to ease the minds of the uber leet guys who think this is bad because someone might.

The suggestion does come up ALOT and thus obviously many people would welcome the change making a happier playervase with no negative affects to gameplay.

Its a win win.

You gotta throw bone to the dog once in awhile, keeps em happy and loyal.

• Like 1

I think SB should be capped at 5 hours for regular sleeping, but 10 hours for downtime, it's rather frustrating when you don't have much time to play during the week and finally have 5 hours ready to use on your day off only to have the server crash and _everyone_ gets 5 hours anyway :P

I think the Sleep Bonus capacity should be increased, not just 10, but maybe even 20 hours.   BUT, no sleep bonus should be awarded on server crash, that way it would actually serve the purpose it should.  Allowing players that dont play constantly to make something out of their limited playing time.

+1 Sleep bonus capacity increased.

-1 awarding sleep bonus on server crash.

If we accumulate it we should be able to use it as we paid for the prem.

And personally. I think the devs should work on getting a system up so that ONLY those that were logged in when the server crashes gets sleep bonus. Not those that were offline uneffected by the downtime because they were sleeping/at work/just dont log until the weekend.

What about players who were about to log on and play for hours but the server went down? This would screw them out of SB just because they weren't online at the exact moment the server craps out. I really could give a crap less if he raises it or not but this part of your plan sir is not well thought out. Because I have gone to log on many times and find the server down and miss out on hours of gameplay.

Sleep bonus should be unlimited and only given out to premium. If a player is paying premium it doesn't matter if they only want to play a couple days a month grinding on sleep bonus. 

no, 600 hours! PLEEEESE!

/sarcasm

I really don't like this idea. It's fine the way it is.

For once, I agree with arrowhun (waits to be hit by lightning...)

5 hours is plenty, be glad we have that, and be even more glad we get it during server crash's >_<

The only thing I would agree with is a different SB pool for downtown awarded SB.  It's annoying when I 'earn' hours, specifically saving them so I can grind out on the weekend when I have time to play 5 hours straight, then there's a crash and I end up awarded like 45 minutes.  I know there are people who argue we shouldn't get SB on crash, but we do and they's clearly how Rolf wants it to be, so why not actually let people receive the full amount they are awarding?

The only thing I would agree with is a different SB pool for downtown awarded SB.  It's annoying when I 'earn' hours, specifically saving them so I can grind out on the weekend when I have time to play 5 hours straight, then there's a crash and I end up awarded like 45 minutes.  I know there are people who argue we shouldn't get SB on crash, but we do and they's clearly how Rolf wants it to be, so why not actually let people receive the full amount they are awarding?

Rolf is giving the full award each time.  You need to understand he is not giving 5 hours to everyone, he is topping off SB for everyone, that is all.  Stop thinking of 5 hours SB for every crash.