Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

Halloween Festivities!

Trick or Treat!!

It's coming close again; Halloween. Just like last year I will be hosting some festivities, games, and other fun stuff to celebrate the spookiest day of the year! This year Independence will be the server of haunting fun.

pumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drb3e76df897ea39d1496102baf6bc772c-d5ieqwppumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_dr

When? Where? Who? What?

When?

Saturday the 2nd, and Sunday the 3rd of November is the weekend that our castle, Muspellsheimr, turns into the site where scary creatures and exciting games are found. Haven't picked exact times yet, but I am hoping to host this sometime in the late afternoon/evening for Europe, and morning/early afternoon for the US, so hopefully a good time for many people to attend!

Where?

On the Independence Server, in the most South-western corner of the map, is our deed, called Muspellsheimr. It is reachable by both boat and road, with a highway and a brand-new tunnel leading all the way to our doorstep. On this (http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/Indemap.png) map, we are found at 8X, 55Y.

049a0.png

[click to enlarge]

From the Freedom Market, Akhenaten is signposted and should be easy to find due to a well maintained highway. from there, there are a few options to reach us;

The RED route takes from Akhenaten to Pheonix Enterprises, from where a small backroad leads you through the forest to Muspellsheimr. I don't advise this route as the road is very confusing.

The BLUE line is a tunnel. It starts just past Solace right on the highway and leads to the Muspellheimr deed. This is the easiest route to take.

The PINK line leads you past the coast and over the side of the mountain. It's a small road and also a rather confusing area due to the twists and turns in the road.

Who?

Everyone! Bring as many people as you can, and invite all your friends. There will be enough to do, whether you are high skilled or have just started the game. The Wurm Online staff is invited, too, if they find time during the weekend.

What?

There will be a variety of games to play, the option to hold sermons for the priests, and of course good company and a good old scare! We have 34 beds in our inn, and more can be made. There will be hot pumpkin soup, delicious treats for the trickers, and a lot of fun to be had!

A couple of games and activites that will be held;

A game of Guess the Gravestone!

Catapulting the Pirate Ghostship

Halloween Piñatas

Bobbing for apples!

A hell-horse Rodeorace for the higher skilled players

And of course, there will be prizes, including a drakehide cap, lifetransfer weaponry, shields, armour, horse gear, and much more!

pumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drb3e76df897ea39d1496102baf6bc772c-d5ieqwppumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_drpumpkin_solo_divider___free_to_use_by_dr

Hereby everyone is invited to join and come have a blast! You don't have to announce your attendance; though it would be appreciated if you know you will come to give a headsup to give me a rough idea of the numbers.

pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif Happy Halloween!

If anyone has more ideas and suggestions, or other things they want to share, please feel free to PM me ingame or on the forums.

4acb3.png

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 19

>http://youtu.be/DD10aFK0vHY

Awesome video thanks to MilosanX!

A little more information;

The hellhorse race will be only for players with 31 or higher body control, the requirement needed to ride a hellhorse. You do not need taming skill. The hellhorses will be loaned from my own stock, so you don't have to bring your own :)

The ghost ship event will require you to have 21 body strength, but that is the only thing required.

Apple bobbing will be accesible for each and every player at the party, premium or not. Limited to one apple per person, though :D

Guess the gravestone will also be for everyone, with no skill requirements. Though it does require you to have some spooky and scary knowledge!

Halloween Piñatas is open for every player, and you might be loaned a set of armour if necesary. All of this will be provided on site though.

Event Times!!!!!

For an actual clock; visit these links;

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.nl/time-zone/usa/central-time/  <- Central USA

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/central-european-time/ <- Central Europe

Opening Event - Hellhorse racing - Saturday November 2nd

9 AM central timezone (central USA)

3 PM central Europe timezone

Second event - Applebobbing part 1 - Saturday November 2nd

Noon central timezone (central USA)

6 PM central Europe timezone

Third Event - Guess the Gravestone - Saturday November 2nd

3 PM central timezone (central USA)

9 PM central Europe timezone

USA timezone change! The clock sets back on hour here. The time different between central USA and central Europe is now 7 hours!

Fourth Event - Pirate Ghostship - Sunday November 3rd

9 AM central timezone (central USA)

4 PM central Europe timezone

Fifth Event - Applebobbing part 2 - Sunday November 3rd

Noon central timezone (central USA)

7 PM central Europe timezone

Grand Finaly - Halloween Piñatas - Sunday November 3rd

3 PM central timezone (central USA)

10 PM central Europe timezone

Inbetween the planned events will be resting periods. There's room for some archery contesting, sparring, sermons, fishing, or other activities. Please bring yourself a bit of amusement while we prepare the next event.

sneaky_kitty_by_angelichellraiser-d6p14g

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 3

I will also be there!

I will try to bring 2 of my villagers but will have to ask them if they want to come first.. but I should say they will. :)

• Like 1

Looking forward to it; I remember winning a painted cog at last years event.

• Like 1

I plan on attending start to finish. count me in for slave labor if needed.

• Like 1

Man, I wish I lived closer xD Have fun everyone! Post screenshots here afterwards to show us how it went!

• Like 1

I will most likely be there -- you are welcome to ride with me if you want Addeny.

• Like 1

I will be there with thistledragon, if I have at least one un-stollen boat :P ..

So few events on Epic, I'm going to try to get there, an adventure in itself. 

Looking forward to it,  I'll definitely be there.  Be cool to see some folks.

So few events on Epic, I'm going to try to get there, an adventure in itself. 

If Rolf make an area on Epic where people can't kill each others, there might be events.. but well, even with that I am not so sure cause the word 'benefiting enemies' might taint it xD ..

i might sail over on my priest, Anneke. Have a mosey around and record some video and do an episode on the event.

• Like 2