Sign in to follow this  
ianrose

Help Me Understand This Server Economy Graph

Oh and by the way, the day it spiked coincides with another interesting event, I'll let you figure that one out.

What "interesting" event would that be?  And you posted this.........umm...why?  All the melodrama and stupidity was dying down.  Is that it?

Bah, I think I need to take a break from these forums for a while.  It's getting ridiculous.  :(

• Like 6

What "interesting" event would that be?  And you posted this.........umm...why?  All the melodrama and stupidity was dying down.  Is that it?

Bah, I think I need to take a break from these forums for a while.  It's getting ridiculous.   :(

Lol it coincided with the day I sold my account, when Bashur set up on Desertion

• Like 2

If this is really a bug, a confirmation from Rolf would be greatly appreciated.

As said in other threads, I'm very new to this game. But, in this very short time, I'm getting increasingly disgusted by the way it's managed.

Did you guys seriously put up with this...conduct for years?

So lets look at it this way, do you want the bug fixed and looked into, or do you want him to spend time responding to every thread with a prompt for Rolf or a Dev to respond?

There is no disgusting way that this is managed. I hope you do realize that this is a small, out of the way game, and that you seem to be acting like not responding with  a few hours of a thread is the craziest concept. Yes, a little note would be nice, but no need to make a big deal out of it.

http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/economy.html

That's Golden Valley (login server), which seems to be the combined money on every server. Notice how there isn't a spike there, meaning no money suddenly appeared in any way

What could it mean? It was either a bug (possibly related to the time Desertion crashed) or lots of people came over from other servers, though I'm guessing the first one.

Maybe some rich guy decided to move. Did any of the other servers drop?

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Thats how you could tell where Dadd was from MRH to Wild lol

No it doesn't appear that any other server had a sizable drop.

There was also a big jump in premium accounts that day

paying-month.png

Would say like 180-200 or so more, which i guess is like 4g total if they were all new players.

Seems like some really strange bugs happened that day, since i think bashur has mabye 30 prem people max.

To clarify: I think Wurm is a great game and am enjoying every minute on it.

With this out of the way, a bit more about the management and why I developed, in not even a month, a very negative opinion about it (maybe "disgusted" was a bit too strong).

Constant crashes and sloppy communication.

Poor sinergy between staff members. I've seen GMs providing vague answers because they simply aren't informed about important stuff.

The whole Bashur charade.

Now this strange bug, wich incidentally happened in the very same day of Bashur's settlement on Desertion.

The bug itself wouldn't need an clear and immediate explanation, if it didn't happen in that very special day, on top of a very disappointing chain of events. But this? This needs answers.

By immediate I don't mean 5 minutes after the post. But a single, vague reply by a GM 'guessing' an explanation is amateurish to say the least.

All of the above would be acceptable on a free beta. But apparently the monthly fee has been raised just a few months ago. 8 euros/month isn't AAA-mmorpg level, but it isn't that low either. It definitely deserves a more professional approach.

I do appreciate Rolf's talent and the effort he obviously put into this game. I also appreciate how he wants to stick to his own personal vision and keep this game unique.

But the management? Just no. Not for 8€/mo. "Small, out of the way games" don't charge 8€ a month. If they start charging like a "medium, not so obscure game", they need to manage it properly.

If I stop paying after the first two months, it won't be because of the grind or the first five hours, but for the way these major issues are handled.

Edited by Eisenkreuz
  • Like 1

Eisenkreuz stop cryin or otherwise just leave bro, i dunno if u have seen wurm a year earlier but u seem to see only the neGative stuff, wurm is improved alot over the last months.

just leave bro

That's exactly the point BRO.

I see there's a big focus currently on getting more players and overall players retention. I happen to be part of the targeted demographics, so I'm providing my opinion about the issue. I'm also explaining what will be the most likely reason if I won't make it past the first fatidic two months.

Blind white knights are never a good thing for struggling games.

Edited by Eisenkreuz
  • Like 1

Lol it coincided with the day I sold my account, when Bashur set up on Desertion

And the day Desertion crashed due to very strange issues that were related to the login server.

• Like 1

And the day Desertion crashed due to very strange issues that were related to the login server.

Rumor is that the "crash" was manufactured by rolf to implement new code that gives bashur special powers and all that gold so he would keep advertising wurm on youtube.

• Like 3

Constant crashes and sloppy communication.

Poor sinergy between staff members. I've seen GMs providing vague answers because they simply aren't informed about important stuff.

Yeah, I won't beat around the bush: those are two problems Wurm has had forever.

Crashes seem to be happening more so of late than previously before... but even 6 years ago, it took them hours, sometimes a full day, to bring a crash back. Nothing has changed but the frequency of crashes. As for lack of/sloppiness of info from devs/staff, yep... another problem we've had around here. Communication has gotten slightly better over the years, but it's still a joke. New implements are never explained more than vaguely (even when they write up an FAQ on the main page), and staff does tend to conflict with eachother when making comments in regards to a situation: some think something's a bug, some think something's a feature. Another thing around here that's a joke is development speed. That too has gotten better over the years, but it is still excruciatingly slow. Slow enough to turn a lot of people off.

Another problem (and maybe the biggest) is that the head developer takes many vacations a year. Long ones. That's why this whole "declining player base" topic is a joke to me.... the head developer (owner) has how many subscriptions a month? How many euros is that a month? I take one vacation a year; it's not paid holiday and it's only a week. I can afford it AND I can afford to pay his premium fees without bitching about it. I make a fraction of his annual income. If he's not making as much as he was last year, there's a simple solution to that... cut back on luxuries: the multi-vacations and the home remodelings. Money will be saved, and with that, more time will be spent in the office. That means more time to get some development done/bugs fixed, and that in itself leads to an increase in the playerbase.

Now, I have learned to live with these annoyances about the game, as my overall enjoyment of the game trumps all the bad points. But still, one must call a spade a spade. All of these things are big deterrents to staying with the game. Bigger deterrents than any gameplay experienced in your first 5 hours, or any of your newbie hours at all.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 6

Just look at Desertion graph of premium players count ;-) and you will understand.

paying-year.png

Edited by vill

Guys Maybe Bashur BOUGHT his money like a NORMAL PERSON. Jesus Your all blowing this out of proportions.

Guys Maybe Bashur BOUGHT his money like a NORMAL PERSON. Jesus Your all blowing this out of proportions.

He bought more than 120g?

Why would anyone do that.

Not that I think either of the increases are due to bashur, but rather are fun bugs.

That many prem definitely didnt join desertion, and that doesnt even come close to explaining the amount of money that appeared. Its really strange that the money is staying in desertions economy though, would have thought it would have been fixed by now

Still no dev coments about it.

And people keep the speculation up.

Maybe the kings treasury is somehow connected to the amount of premium accounts. Will anyone be honest and say how much their traders have been paying out?

Still no dev coments about it.

And people keep the speculation up.

This is one of those "No matter what they say, it'll get ripped apart" threads.  The market saw a spike, it coincided with a high profile player bringing in new accounts, just assume it was a legit purchase into the economy unless someone from staff says otherwise.  Everyone will feel better that way lol

• Like 1