Sign in to follow this  
ianrose

Help Me Understand This Server Economy Graph

This is Desertion's money count (banks + villages).

It spiked from ~90 gold to ~230 gold overnight.

140 gold * 160 euros = 22,400 euros

Oh and by the way, the day it spiked coincides with another interesting event, I'll let you figure that one out.

http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com:8080/mrtg/economy.html

economy-month.png

Edited by ianrose
  • Like 1

how in the world did this happen , where did that money/gold come from ? thats like 14.000 us dollars , being that 1 gold = 100 usa dollars , how is this possible ? and why would rolf do this ?

My guess Rolf is carrying it with his character and he logged out there. Was there a drop of that amount on another server?

is there a website some place to see release graph's also ? thx kindly =)

Where does that much gold come out of nowhere overnight?

Same day of the Bashur name change.

Edit: ###### gonna hit the fan real soon...

Edited by Brunwulf

http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/economy.html

That's Golden Valley (login server), which seems to be the combined money on every server. Notice how there isn't a spike there, meaning no money suddenly appeared in any way

What could it mean? It was either a bug (possibly related to the time Desertion crashed) or lots of people came over from other servers, though I'm guessing the first one.

http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/economy.html

That's Golden Valley (login server), which seems to be the combined money on every server. Notice how there isn't a spike there, meaning no money suddenly appeared in any way

What could it mean? It was either a bug (possibly related to the time Desertion crashed) or lots of people came over from other servers, though I'm guessing the first one.

Ah, solved :)

Adding up all the daily 5 minute current numbers for banks+villages yields 2,389.4 miron. Golden Valley shows 1779.4, which is a discrepancy of 610.

Something must be bugged.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, October 18, 2013 - clean up
Hidden by KaiH, October 18, 2013 - clean up

If this is really a bug, a confirmation from Rolf would be greatly appreciated.

As said in other threads, I'm very new to this game. But, in this very short time, I'm getting increasingly disgusted by the way it's managed.

Did you guys seriously put up with this...conduct for years?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, October 18, 2013 - quote of cleaned post
Hidden by KaiH, October 18, 2013 - quote of cleaned post

Did you guys seriously put up with this...conduct for years?

Not sure what you mean?

Disgusted by the players spreading these rumours or disgusted that these graphs are actually public for everyone to see?

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Not sure what you mean?

Disgusted by the players spreading these rumours or disgusted that these graphs are actually public for everyone to see?

Hes implying that he isn't happy with how the Devs manage the game.

View hidden Post

Not sure what you mean?

The rumors usually turn out to be true.

• Like 1

As said in other threads, I'm very new to this game. But, in this very short time, I'm getting increasingly disgusted by the way it's managed.

Hey! I think and said something like that too!

*brofist*

But... uhrm... yea, would be nice to heard something from the devs to prevent the shitstorm of rumors that will follow this.

And the sooner the better.

Hey! I think and said something like that too!

*brofist*

But... uhrm... yea, would be nice to heard something from the devs to prevent the shitstorm of rumors that will follow this.

And the sooner the better.

It's sunday, they are in church. Maybe tomorrow.

If the graph show the money in "banks + villages", i am pretty sure some people are playing on both the clusters so the difference between the GV total and the "i added all the the server" total would be caused by GV only counting the actual total for all the account registered in game (aka the real total)  while each server  is actually counting all the money from the banks accounts actually ever linked to a deed token there (aka the total for the people who opened a bank there at one point). And some people may have one character account with multiple bank account linked to a different deed token on multiple servers and clusters. I guess they would be counted multiple time if you added all the servers data, explaining the massive difference with the GV total.

Also that spike could be caused by several people with a lot of money entering on the server and linking their bank account to a token there for the first time. Still it's a lot of money, like 12-14 old players accounts with 10+g on their accounts* showing up on the server for the first time at the same time.. That or Scrooge Mcdrakehide and Flintheart Redscale both linked their account to a token there for the first time ever.

*not as rare as you would think

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 1

a bug? i wish all bugs related to wurm would only occur once every 300 days.. muahahahaha